Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is offline   gemeaux333 

As the Monty Pythons would say : "Is that european rabbit or asian killer rabbit in the video ?"

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 July 2020 - 01:20 PM

I still have the story/destiny of Ameona stuck in the throat...

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Let's just pretend SW2 never happened, especially regarding story and gameplay.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostNightFright, on 06 July 2020 - 09:29 PM, said:

Let's just pretend SW2 never happened, especially regarding story and gameplay.

TBH, the gunplay on SW2 is better than SW 2013, I hope they do that on SW3.

• The Truth is in here

If I want a looting shooter, I play Borderlands. SW2 was an experiment to turn the game into something it's not. But chances are they will try something else again now, every game might be a new test balloon. Personally I just hope it's not going to be a chore like last time. I had to force myself to finish the game. SW 2013 was just pure fun, focusing on weapon and skill upgrades. I was also a fan of the loot drops in part 2 at first, but when actually playing it, all the different weapon stats just didn't make much of a difference. Weapon tweaking was purely optional and didn't gain you huge benefits. If they do this again, they must make you want to use it.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 06 July 2020 - 09:54 PM

To me, Gunplay != Borderlands-style gameplay...it just mean the gun weapons their-self, not the stats on them.

I guess I'm lucky because I don't have too much trouble about SW2's looting shooter gameplay, but still, I agree they didn't got the weapon stats idea right at all...not only weapon stats, negative stats on upgrades just made the them pointless, and farming shitload amount of orbs to "fix" that just pure boring...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 07 July 2020 - 01:01 AM

Yep, isn't Borderlands whoever/whatever want to be it...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 07 July 2020 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Still haven't even finished 2013 yet. Not for lack of want or anything.

• The Truth is in here

Judging from the info that's currently available, focus will be on fancy moves and sword/gun combat (which is nothing new). I guess we have to keep guessing until the first gameplay trailers are available. Anyway, so far no word on the return of the loot feature.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 July 2020 - 07:02 AM

I found SW2 more quotable than the first one,... but what happened to the boss-fights of the first one ?

SW 2013's boss fights just more and more tedious when on higher difficulty.
(more HP, have to attacking weak point more times until the core open to deal damage on BOSS, at least still beatable)

Gun weapons are weaker than the swords(even they all fully upgraded, it did affected how to deal BOSSes, unless you're totally sword master, using sword on whole game but I think would be still make some battles messy on higher difficulty).

Some of monsters really PITA to deal with like the one you have to attack its back, yeah, try beating Chapter 15 and 16 in Insane(highest difficulty) or Heroic mode(Insane + no quicksave) just really testing one's skills. (I still beat the game on Insane with save/load abuse, but Heroic? no, thanks. (Even with new game+, all upgrades and skills, it still mission impossible to me)

Oh, don't get me started about the final buggy 1.5.0 update(and I never played it after no more updates and still more bugs not fixed, weird fullscreen behaviors if my desktop resolution is 4:3, and running at >2000 fps for no reasons after startup in windowed mode)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 09 July 2020 - 09:36 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

This post has been edited by Outtagum: 11 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

"cultural insensitive jokes"... oh it's IGN, nevermind.

View PostLazy Dog, on 11 July 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

"cultural insensitive jokes"... oh it's IGN, nevermind.

Who mind about what IGN, Polygon or Kotaku says ?

User is offline   necroslut 

The new trailer really reminds me more of Serious Sam 2 than of Shadow Warrior.

And they introduce bosses the Borderlands way.

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 12 July 2020 - 08:03 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 12 July 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

And they introduce bosses the Borderlands way.

For some reasons I already have bad feel about that... :)

So its now obvious that Borderlands is one of the major inspiration sources of Flying Wild Hogs for Shadow Warrior ?

Now that I think about it, I am playing Borderlands 1 right now, and the ressemblance of SW2013 with the first Borderlands game is troubling :
-same weapons and movements animations for the player
-same AI for enemies and bosses
-same looting system (drops + crates) but you remove from the template anything that is not ammo, money and medikits
-same level construction
-graphics are equivalent, minus cell shading aspect
-enemy types follow the same pattern : close range, short range, medium range, long range, elementals (in SW2), elite, except these are not variations of respective types of enemies, but rather respective types of enemies having their own specialty

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 14 July 2020 - 07:39 AM

And I forgot this one :
-Amounts of Damages dealed to enemies are displayed exactly the same way with "Critical" mentions (when critical hit happen)

Zilla's face on the end of video just priceless. :)

• The Truth is in here

If gameplay and -flow is like this throughout the entire game, it's gonna be the best part of the entire series. And my suspicions were correct: Combat is Doom Eternal-like.

I approve Wang's new look, it's closer to the original 3DR game now. If they let him age 10-20 years more and make him bald (again), he will be a perfect match.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 July 2020 - 06:04 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I'm not excited (at all) but at least this looks prettier than the new Doom games, yet the ultra-colourful art style is not out of place or annoying.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

So Zilla's a good guy now?

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 July 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

So Zilla's a good guy now?

Maybe, maybe not.

After beaten by Lo Wang in SW2, it seems Zilla and Lo Wang were temporarily(?) be friend for try to save the world at the ending of game, but since SW2 was sloppy on plot flow so I'm not sure if it hold true but that will be twist, and the SW3's plot seems not be known yet.

:)

*Still needed more info from SW3...*

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 21 July 2020 - 08:14 AM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostNightFright, on 21 July 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

I approve Wang's new look, it's closer to the original 3DR game now. If they let him age 10-20 years more and make him bald (again), he will be a perfect match.

Huh, did we watch the same video? Maybe I need to watch it again but my reaction was the complete opposite; he just looked like a regular guy now and I didn't see anything Wang about him at all...

View Postnecroslut, on 22 July 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

Huh, did we watch the same video? Maybe I need to watch it again but my reaction was the complete opposite; he just looked like a regular guy now and I didn't see anything Wang about him at all...

I actually know he's Lo Wang by his voice(I guess still the same VA?), yeah he's looking very different to classic Wang...but not sure it's good or bad. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 July 2020 - 08:54 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Dude it's definitely not the same voice actor.

• The Truth is in here

Comparison SW 2013/SW2 vs SW3 --> see attachment.

In the first two games, Wang looks definitely more generic. If you imagine the SW3 version bald and... ach, on second thought: Fugg it.

I always feel looks "generic" or not is subjective so I just don't care that. :)

EDIT:

View Post/Defiatron\, on 23 July 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

Dude it's definitely not the same voice actor.

https://www.hitc.com...ds-so-familiar/
https://twitter.com/...160652426915843

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 24 July 2020 - 12:05 AM

This is probably the only franchise where every game the design completely changes.

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options