Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is offline   PikaCommando 

  • 334

#361

Does anyone know where all the stock sound effects in Shadow Warrior '97 came from? I'm looking into a few particular sounds, things like that infamous jaguar sound (Evil Ninja in SW, Hell Knight in Doom, Bastet in Powerslave) and the name of the compilation CDs they're from.
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 5,506

  #362

Sound Ideas Series 6000.
3

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,205

#363

Since the Robman thread got deleted, I am re-posting my github link that has the current unofficial progress on getting shadow warrior running on the latest eduke32 codebase.

https://github.com/j...3/ShadowWarrior

EDIT:
Nevermind it got moved.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 19 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 5,506

  #364

Could you change the tagline to "Unofficial work on building Shadow Warrior with EDuke32's engine."?
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,205

#365

View PostHendricks266, on 19 May 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Could you change the tagline to "Unofficial work on building Shadow Warrior with EDuke32's engine."?

Done.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
1

User is online   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,382

#366

View Posttermit, on 19 May 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Posted Image
This is a great week for Shadow Warrior fans, just to summarize:
- All SW games are heavily discounted during Devolver Digital publisher weekend: http://store.steampo.../sale/devolver/
- Shadow Warrior betas are available on Steam: https://twitter.com/...583004571246593
- Shadow Warrior 2 released on Xbox One and PS4, Shadow Warrior (2013) free for limited time: https://twitter.com/...543043251748865
- Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is available on Google Play Store: https://play.google....al.swredux.play
- Special Reserve announced collectors edition of Shadow Warrior: https://twitter.com/...569012410863616


Hey Termit, are the games going to be on sale on GOG?

Also, I've tried the Shadow Warrior iOS app on my iPhone 7, and it's not fully compatible. It doesn't use up the full screen.
There's still the issue of the flag not working in level 2, the vehicles being able to strafe, and no way to disable the automatic tilt on slopes that I reported a while ago. The "buy" button in the Lo Wang store also doesn't seem to be working properly, wink wink ;)

Has there also been an update on the invisible vicinity mines in the Twin Dragon expansion that essentially made it unplayable in Classic Redux?

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,508

#367

View PostMicky C, on 20 May 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Has there also been an update on the invisible vicinity mines in the Twin Dragon expansion that essentially made it unplayable in Classic Redux?

A workaround for this apparently is to turn voxel rendering off :lol:

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/
1

User is offline   MrFlibble 

  • 427

#368

Shadow Warrior guided tour at PC Games:
http://www.pcgames.com/previews/shadow/shadow.html
2

User is offline   termit 

  • General Arcade
  • 317

#369

View PostMicky C, on 20 May 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Hey Termit, are the games going to be on sale on GOG?

Also, I've tried the Shadow Warrior iOS app on my iPhone 7, and it's not fully compatible. It doesn't use up the full screen.
There's still the issue of the flag not working in level 2, the vehicles being able to strafe, and no way to disable the automatic tilt on slopes that I reported a while ago. The "buy" button in the Lo Wang store also doesn't seem to be working properly, wink wink ;)

Has there also been an update on the invisible vicinity mines in the Twin Dragon expansion that essentially made it unplayable in Classic Redux?


Not sure about GOG games, I'll ask Nigel.

Sadly we had to remove SW from iOS App Store... But it may return in form of SWCR, I'll give you guys redeem codes when (if) we release it.

Yeah, invisible mines have been on our todo list for a while. I'll look at this issue one more time when we'll have another round of bug fixe patches for our older releases. Thanks for the reminder.

This post has been edited by termit: 20 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

1

User is offline   MetHy 

  • 1,429

#370

I thought the invisible mines got fixed long ago? Wasn't it something about the voxels offset being wrong, thus the mines being in the ground?


This post has been edited by MetHy: 20 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

0

User is offline   necroslut 

  • 156

#371

View PostMetHy, on 20 May 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

I thought the invisible mines got fixed long ago? Wasn't it something about the voxels offset being wrong, thus the mines being in the ground?

I'm pretty sure that's why they appear invisible, some other voxel objects also have the wrong height position. It hasn't been fixed, though.
0

User is online   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,382

#372

View Posttermit, on 20 May 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Not sure about GOG games, I'll ask Nigel.

Sadly we had to remove SW from iOS App Store... But it may return in form of SWCR, I'll give you guys redeem codes when (if) we release it.

Yeah, invisible mines have been on our todo list for a while. I'll look at this issue one more time when we'll have another round of bug fixe patches for our older releases. Thanks for the reminder.


Thanks!

They're definitely not on sale at the moment, and I'd really like to get SWCR on GOG. I'd happily buy it on sale, but it's not worth full price considering the number of times I've bought it recently through steam and other packages.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!
0

User is offline   High Treason 

  • 988

#373

View PostHendricks266, on 19 May 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Sound Ideas Series 6000.


That library is clearly still in use as LBC keep playing this shitty commercial with a SW sound effect in it; Attached File  SW Sound in commercial.zip (2.58MB)
Number of downloads: 20

God I fucking hate commercials, they make me want to hit people.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My Website - My FTP - Forum

You have got to let the rhythm move you, move you. You have got to let the rhythm move your body to the beat.
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 5,506

  #374

Reposting this Deadly Kiss status update for visibility:

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

The project has gone through several phases of waiting, because it is first and foremost a recovery and restoration project, and "let's build a cool mod" project only in small doses as a last resort.

The initial data we received was painfully incomplete. A full set of unpolished maps, their names, art for the maps, spritesheets for two enemies and the player, a logo, and a main character portrait. No plot. No voice acting. No cinematics. No design documents. No credits. The individual who provided us this believed that the expansion was actually completed, and we began work under this assumption. Here, work does not mean mod-building. It means research.

For a long time our goal was to track down as many team members as possible to try to recover any or all of the missing things above. This played out gradually, as our team basically embarked on a private investigation. Unfortunately, few people remembered much, and only one had any data (which didn't fill in any of the gaps). One team member approached us after being directed by helpful community members on SWC. We also learned that another had passed away in the early 00's.

Naturally, any big spike in SW activity also brings a spike in resurgence in interest in DK. We saw this with the release of Redux, and we're seeing it again now.

Over time we began to consider that our original source misremembered, and we actually had all the data there ever was. Then began my adventures into trying to find an original design document, which unfortunately must remain confidential, but I came up empty after another long span.

At this point, within the past year, we began considering our options. On one hand, cutting is shipping. On the other, a massive effort.

5

User is offline   Mike12 

  • 5

#375

View PostHendricks266, on 23 May 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Reposting this Deadly Kiss status update for visibility:


I dunno if you need it, but I'd possibly be down for helping out with it again inbetween my other work if things ever get moving again. I remember doing a few things for it a couple years back.

This post has been edited by Mike12: 24 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 5,506

  #376

View PostMike12, on 24 May 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

I dunno if you need it, but I'd possibly be down for helping out with it again inbetween my other work if things ever get moving again. I remember doing a few things for it a couple years back.

Cool, I'll send you a PM.
0

User is offline   Romulus 

  • 24

#377

What's the best source port for Shadow Warrior that's fully compatible with Windows 10 and resembles the game as close to the original as possible but supports proper Widescreen? I found a few that has crackling sound playback issues.
0

User is offline   Robman 

  • Asswhipe [sic]
  • 662

#378

Redux, SWP 4.3.3 or 4.3.2, JonoFsw, Dosbox
Those are the ways to play SW. I use SWP, Redux lacks enemy shadows and multiplayer.

This post has been edited by Robman: 25 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

0

User is offline   Romulus 

  • 24

#379

I do not wish to come across as fussy, but is there any way you guys can prevent the weapons sprite from stretching in WideScreen mode? The stretched weapon takes up too much space IMO.

This post has been edited by Romulus: 25 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 5,506

  #380

View PostRomulus, on 25 May 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

I do not wish to come across as fussy, but is there any way you guys can prevent the weapons sprite from stretching in WideScreen mode?

That's a legitimate feature request. VoidSW will have this.
1

User is offline   Lord_Kane 

  • 3

#381

If I may interrupt for a moment, is there a way you can run Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragon that came with classic complete on GOG and Steam on SWP? I am using 4.3.3 Beta 3 and is that a good version of SWP to use? I dont like Redux, I have issues running on Dosbox and I am waiting for a better Source port to come out....
0

User is offline   Robman 

  • Asswhipe [sic]
  • 662

#382

View PostLord_Kane, on 25 May 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

If I may interrupt for a moment, is there a way you can run Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragon that came with classic complete on GOG and Steam on SWP? I am using 4.3.3 Beta 3 and is that a good version of SWP to use? I dont like Redux, I have issues running on Dosbox and I am waiting for a better Source port to come out....

Go to Shadow Warrior Central and download TD and WD for SWP.
Put in the games folder of SWP and select either one in the launch menu.
1

User is offline   Lord_Kane 

  • 3

#383

View PostRobman, on 25 May 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Go to Shadow Warrior Central and download TD and WD for SWP.
Put in the games folder of SWP and select either one in the launch menu.


thanks but no thanks, Hendricks266 helped me out with it on discord.
2

User is offline   Romulus 

  • 24

#384

View PostHendricks266, on 25 May 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

That's a legitimate feature request. VoidSW will have this.


I'll be waiting patiently for this. I can't stand the stretched weapons, and can't stand the black bars from 4:3 either. This will be a life saver. Thank you!
0

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

  • 17

#385

View Posttermit, on 20 May 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Not sure about GOG games, I'll ask Nigel.

Sadly we had to remove SW from iOS App Store... But it may return in form of SWCR, I'll give you guys redeem codes when (if) we release it.

Yeah, invisible mines have been on our todo list for a while. I'll look at this issue one more time when we'll have another round of bug fixe patches for our older releases. Thanks for the reminder.


Can't you fix SW Redux's enemy shadows?

Reviewers logic: "Let's play and review the worst possible console version of DNF on the easiest difficulty and then judge the PC version!"

Who the hell even plays DNF on a console!?
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,205

#386

View PostRomulus, on 26 May 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

I'll be waiting patiently for this. I can't stand the stretched weapons, and can't stand the black bars from 4:3 either. This will be a life saver. Thank you!

The redux UI is already implemented in my branch. There are no streched UI assets in my branch.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Romulus 

  • 24

#387

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 May 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

The redux UI is already implemented in my branch. There are no streched UI assets in my branch.


Wasn't talking about Stretched UI, but stretched weapons sprite.
1

User is offline   HulkNukem 

  • 734

#388

I find it funny there are four active separate threads all about various Shadow Warrior stuff.
If they were all corners, they would form a room.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 26 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

5

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,205

#389

View PostRomulus, on 26 May 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Wasn't talking about Stretched UI, but stretched weapons sprite.

It's all part of the same system internally. The weapon sprites should not be stretched in my branch.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
1

User is offline   Drek 

  • 1,183

#390

What can and can't be done mapping for SW in Mapster32?
0

Share this topic:


  • 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options