Duke4.net Forums: SiN - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SiN  "Blade's got a better attitude than Duke imo"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, let's hope they get SiN off the German index early, then. Worked already with Doom, Quake and Duke3D before. SiN was hardly more violent than those, and by now the graphical violence isn't much more than cartoon level compared to what you get in Doom Eternal. And that one's not forbidden, either.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

No sequel project for SiN ?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I might be in the minority, but I'd like a couple more of the episodes to come out, even using the same exact assets from Emergence.

But that might be because it was my entry into Sin so I have a soft spot for it.

User is offline   Fauch 

So I had seen a video from Civvie saying it's bad, and now a video from Gmanlives saying it's good. Either way I can kinda see why it was overshadowed by other 1998 games.

What? Civivie liked Sin, just acknowledged the sloppiness.

User is offline   Fauch 

must have watched it too long ago

User is offline   HulkNukem 

It was Sin Episodes Civvie didn't have fondness for. I don't think he hated it though

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 22 March 2020 - 04:03 PM

I think the thing I'm saddest about the Civvie Sin video is the Macarena robot didn't make an appearance. So much work went into articulating that dance via SinScript.

User is offline   SonicWind 

3DR has teamed up with Nightdive for a full-on SiN remaster, according to Fred (and by "a few days ago", he means in Nightdive's Independent Game Expose stream on Friday; the 17:22 mark is when the SiN portion starts).

I guess this means that 3DR's remaster has gotten a second wind, thanks to Nightdive acquiring SiN.

This post has been edited by SonicWind: 22 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostSonicWind, on 22 March 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

I guess this means that 3DR's remaster has gotten a second wind, thanks to Nightdive acquiring SiN.

Hmm, sounds interesting...but just afraid if they f***ed up... ;)

We'll see what happens...

Finally, a small ray of hope for SiNners. Let's hope it lasts.

• The Truth is in here

Does anyone know what the differences between the recent Gold edition and a future full remaster will/could be?

User is online   Phredreeke 

Mac notice: The game is 32-bit only and will not work on macOS 10.15 and up.

Given that the game came out in 1998 I'm surprised there's an x86 version of it at all.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNightFright, on 23 March 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

Does anyone know what the differences between the recent Gold edition and a future full remaster will/could be?

Sin Gold is the original game and its addon with some bugs fixed and widescreen resolutions added.
Remaster, according to Kick, will be KEXified and the assets will be replaced by higher res/poly ones.

User is offline   SonicWind 

And again, 3DR's helping out, so some of those assets might be the ones we've seen before.

This post has been edited by SonicWind: 23 March 2020 - 04:52 PM

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostPhredreeke, on 23 March 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

Given that the game came out in 1998 I'm surprised there's an x86 version of it at all.

Why? x86 means 32 bit (Windows since Windows 95).

User is online   Phredreeke 

I meant x86 for Macs as that was what the notice was addressing. Macs used PowerPC up to 2006 or so

what did you folks think about the deathmatch?

we got some folks from here playing now and then, would love more to join.

User is offline   vini1264 

SiN Reloaded Announced today at Realms Deep https://store.steamp...0/SiN_Reloaded/

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Damn I really want to be excited for this, but the suspicious lack of Elexis in the marketing concerns me.

• The Truth is in here

Slowly I am losing overview of all the remakes. So there's Kingpin, Crystal Caves, this one... any others I missed?

View PostNightFright, on 07 September 2020 - 03:45 AM, said:

Slowly I am losing overview of all the remakes. So there's Kingpin, Crystal Caves, this one... any others I missed?

The original Rise of the Triad is going to be re-released with a proprer source port

This post has been edited by vini1264: 07 September 2020 - 11:04 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostNightFright, on 07 September 2020 - 03:45 AM, said:

any others I missed?

Not impressed with the heavy-handed application of noise reduction and depth of field.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks like AI upscaling.

Looks unnecessary. Literally nobody who liked SiN, or would be interested in retrying it, cares about the graphics.

Are the bullshit snipers better? Is the Chemical Plant stealth (my success and fault 100%) better? Once you have that... THEN the cool new graphics MIGHT make a combo worth coming back to.

• The Truth is in here

They should have finished Sin Episodes so we finally know how the story continues. Then again... I think by now it doesn't matter.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostDriveDinaDrive, on 07 September 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

Looks unnecessary. Literally nobody who liked SiN, or would be interested in retrying it, cares about the graphics.Are the bullshit snipers better? Is the Chemical Plant stealth (my success and fault 100%) better? Once you have that... THEN the cool new graphics MIGHT make a combo worth coming back to.

If I would replay SiN I would just play original one...not sure if they changed those nasty problems on original...
(The description on Steam page said it's "completely rebuilt from the ground up in the KEX engine" so who knows...)

View PostNightFright, on 07 September 2020 - 09:10 PM, said:

They should have finished Sin Episodes so we finally know how the story continues. Then again... I think by now it doesn't matter.

I would like see more SiN episodes too...

But they decided make it other KEX remake, sad.

Since it's rebuit from the ground up on a new engine, I hope they fix some of the problems of the original game. I liked what they have shown so far.

• The Truth is in here

Let's hope Kaiser finds his mojo again. The Blood port was pretty much a disaster.

User is offline   wnderer 

I have SiN installed with the unofficial 1.11 update. I haven't even started playing it yet. I went to the headquarters, got into the elevator and started getting injured because I'm falling through the floor of the elevator. If I jump up inside the elevator that fixes it. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix? Thanks.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options