Duke4.net Forums: SiN - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SiN  "Blade's got a better attitude than Duke imo"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

There has been a publicly visible package on Steam's backend for a bit containing both SiN and System Shock 2 depots, so we were guessing something like this was coming.

https://steamdb.info/sub/416913/depots/
https://archive.ph/DfGcJ
https://web.archive.org/web/20200126213746/https://steamdb.info/sub/416913/depots/

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

So, they did the job, THEN started to negotiate rights? :rolleyes:

User is offline   Outtagum 

Disappointing as hell. 3DR's remaster sounded really good.

I'm a bit out of the loop here. Why is this a bad news?

User is offline   Player Lin 

Well, it's early to say it's bad actually but...
After the big disappoints and what happened on Blood:FS, no wonder so many feel bad when NightDive got the right of SiN, afraid ND just want to yet other cash in and making other shitty products.

Same thing goes for Kex's engine, Kaiser should be more careful if his engine will powered ND's SiN remaster(or/and other remasters) too.

:rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 January 2020 - 11:18 PM

User is offline   SonicWind 

I'm just gonna hope for the best with how Nightdive treats SiN. I know this company has made mistakes before, but I still respect their goal of reviving old games.

Besides, I like FS, warts and all.

This post has been edited by SonicWind: 27 January 2020 - 12:16 AM

User is offline   axl 

Arent't we being a bit too harsh for them ? Their only dissapointing game so far is Blood FS.

I still like their remasters of Turok 1, Turok 2 and Forsaken.

View Postaxl, on 27 January 2020 - 12:13 AM, said:

Arent't we being a bit too harsh for them ? Their only dissapointing game so far is Blood FS.

People tends like this, when they fucked up so big like Blood:FS, one of IP that so many people care for ages...also I know some doesn't really like other their remakes too but that's everyone's own tastes.

Anyway, let's wait and see what happens next about SiN from ND, before saying anything really bad.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Nightdive's Turok ports have the right to exist. After that, they kinda dropped the ball, at least as far as I am concerned.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostNightFright, on 27 January 2020 - 05:04 AM, said:

Nightdive's Turok ports have the right to exist. After that, they kinda dropped the ball, at least as far as I am concerned.

With what?

User is offline   Outtagum 

Here's what 3DR was doing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not gonna lie, it would be nice if we could have a compromise of some kind and get this remaster anyway. I still don't want to see this work go to waste.

This post has been edited by SonicWind: 27 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

• The Truth is in here

View PostCommando Nukem, on 27 January 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

With what?

Well, there's Fresh Supply. I am still waiting to see if that was a one-time screwup or it's a systematic fail that also spreads to future projects. Let's hope for Kaiser it won't.

I think we can all agree that the merits of a SiN re-release are dependent entirely on the inclusion of this texture:

Posted Image

That, and letting us hear Zak Belica's score in a high quality format for the first time in over 20 years.

This post has been edited by Marphy Black: 28 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

It looks like SiN Episodes: Emergence can no longer be purchased on Steam for some reason.

Posted Image

More of Nightdive at work, I assume. This may lend further credence to the possibility that they have something planned. All of these occurrences can't be a coincidence...

• The Truth is in here

Tbh I don't see the point of re-releasing just the first part of an unfinished game. And it would also need significant rebalancing. That auto-adjusting difficulty system completely failed back in the days. I remember towards the end I had situations when I was almost completely out of ammo and had to fight tons of tough enemies with basic weaponry. So much for making the game easier in case you play badly. 😆

If it's about the first SiN, I would be more willing for another visit.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 February 2020 - 12:31 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Well, if, for example, they had a bunch of dialogue and stuff that was made up for the Episodes and they planned to develop a full on remake of what would have been SiN 2.... That could be interesting, I suppose, otherwise yeah, there's no reason for them to do anything with Sin Episodes. Visually it looks fine. It just needs to have proper difficulties put into place.

Was the Steam version of Sin still offered with the purchase of Emergence up until now? i know that when i purchased it back in 2011 it still was.

User is online   gemeaux333 

It was already in 2006 !

Yep, Nightdive is involved with all the strange happenings that the SiN games have been embroiled in over the past few weeks on Steam.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Your link goes to a Doom twitter?

Whoops. Well, can't edit that post anymore, so here's the real link. Apologies for that.

This post has been edited by SonicWind: 17 March 2020 - 10:02 PM

NightDive's remaster is out on Steam Stores now!

Looks like multiplayer is using the Steam Master Server now. Who wants to SiN?

User is offline   The Kins 

EDIT: Beaten.

This post has been edited by The Kins: 18 March 2020 - 09:44 AM

For owners of SiN Gold on GOG (like me), don't worry-- Nightdive will bring the enhancements of the Steam version over soon.

This post has been edited by SonicWind: 18 March 2020 - 11:06 AM

• The Truth is in here

Offer not available in Germany. Did they add swastikas? Even though that shouldn't be an issue any more. Unless Blade is now a nazi and kills POWs and jews. Seriously, I am not getting these restrictions.

Edit:
I think I know why. SiN was put on the index back in 1998. They can't sell it openly in Germany unless 25 years have passed since the original release or the publisher requests a reevaluation and it succeeds. That means no SiN Gold in Germany before 2023 if we are unlucky...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 March 2020 - 12:18 PM

View PostNightFright, on 18 March 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

Offer not available in Germany. Did they add swastikas? Even though that shouldn't be an issue any more. Unless Blade is now a nazi and kills POWs and jews. Seriously, I am not getting these restrictions.

Edit:
I think I know why. SiN was put on the index back in 1998. They can't sell it openly in Germany unless 25 years have passed since the original release or the publisher requests a reevaluation and it succeeds. That means no SiN Gold in Germany before 2023 if we are unlucky...

The Nightdive Twitter says they'll work on that.

This post has been edited by SonicWind: 18 March 2020 - 03:05 PM

It looks like they just use the GoG version(SiN: Gold) with enhances for the Steam version and that's nice, added the expansion and unconcerned textures.

Well, at least I already owned Steam version so it's still nice. ;)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 20 March 2020 - 01:10 AM

Our pal Fred at new 3D Realms showed off never-before-seen footage of the original Doom 3 engine demo of SiN 2 (called SiN Reborn here), which was made in 16 days by Ritual back in 2003. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/X87QP28JNIA?t=1138

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options