Duke4.net Forums: SiN - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SiN  "Blade's got a better attitude than Duke imo"

User is offline   JumpJuneJump 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 10 July 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

I really hope there will be more SiN games, the episode project was felt so interesting, but never happened after Ritual became a casual game company and most of SiN devs left. :(

I think the only potential future that exists is some as of yet probably non-existent company does a remaster of the OG SiN that buffers out the snipers and amplifies the ATM accounts enough that people want more of the remastered vision of the property.

It's a goldmine waiting to be tapped, but gonna be a hard sell for anyone to take the risk.

User is offline   Forge 

I liked the snipers. They were Tom Clancy before there ever was such a thing as Ghost Recon.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I agree, the snipers were great. Their placement at the end of the aqueducts, and at the start of the mansion, wasn't. Honestly the mansion level is one of my favorite levels in a game. The entire concept of being sniped from the outside, with you inside a building seeking cover, for almost the entire level, is fucking brilliant. Especially since you CAN pick them all off if you want to, if you're smart about it.

Oh, yeah, and the hot tub. MMMMM...RUB A DUB DUB.

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 11 August 2018 - 07:10 PM

View PostForge, on 09 July 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

My opinion expanded:
JC allowed for Blade to come across as the i-want-to-punch-you-in-the-face-but-i'll-let-you-live-today tough guy, so he served a purpose, but I found him too smarmy and know-it-all-ish. It felt forced or cliche on several occasions.

Are you kidding me? This game is the most 90's thing in existence, to the point where I'd argue it's 90's blackface. It wakes up in the morning and pisses Surge.

Posted Image
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 11 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPerson of Color, on 11 August 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Are you kidding me? This game is the most 90's thing in existence, to the point where I'd argue it's 90's blackface. It wakes up in the morning and pisses Surge.

Posted Image

More nerd, less know-it-all. That's all I'm saying.

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

I actually struggled to find posts of yours to upvoat in retaliation. PoC is right, Sin sucked so hard it is where the 90's gravitationally ended.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJumpJuneJump, on 13 August 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

Sin sucked so hard

not as hard as you blow.

take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Posted Image

View PostJumpJuneJump, on 13 August 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

I actually struggled to find posts of yours to upvoat in retaliation. PoC is right, Sin sucked so hard it is where the 90's gravitationally ended.

Dude, why the fuck are you so hard on this game? It's fucking phenomenal. It's my favorite single player FPS ever. It's Duke Nukem's logical closure point. You make so many of it's minor flaws out to be HUGE issues when in reality the Waterworks boss is the only serious problem. There are other flaws but nothing glaring. The ATV level isn't even that big of a deal and can be beaten easily by saving constantly, and makes up for it with a killer ending.

SiN's biggest "problem" is that it's caught between worlds. It's too advanced for many old school gamers to fully understand, with it's Deus Ex style interactivity, proto-Mass Effect storyline branching and consequences, and it's dependence on sharpshooting that rivals Counter Strike. New school gamers have no idea it exists and would be confused by it's old school design elements, which rock.

It exists to make a small number of elitist pricks very, very happy. The kind of guys who install a modchip in a Sega Saturn then go get shitfaced at a dive bar and make fun of liberals and how they've ruined culture, including gaming. The kind of guys who drive home from said bar with the top down, completely drunk with lots of weed in the car blasting FEAR and Midtown Bootboys in wealthy sheltered neighborhoods while shifting really, really late so their V8 wakes everyone up, just to show up the Hispanic guy driving next to them in a shitty riced out Honda. The kind of guys who end their night by going on 4chan and shit talking weebs and posting hot black girls in response to their yellow fever. The kind of guys who start their morning by hand writing a letter to Burger King telling them to bring back the B.K. Kool Kids Klub "except without the women, minorities, and crippled characters" because that would be, and I quote, "fake and gay."

What I'm trying to say is that this game was made for ME.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 10 September 2018 - 05:33 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPerson of Color, on 10 September 2018 - 05:28 AM, said:

Dude, why the fuck are you so hard on this game?

What I'm trying to say is that this game was made for ME.

nothing to add

User is offline   Plokite_Wolf 

@JumpJuneJump - just registered after looking at this thread, so sorry if this was already asked - were you at Ritual during the Episodes' development? How would the storyline have progressed?

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 05 August 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

We'll work on getting a hold of all the old Ritualistic content.
We have the rest of the old SiN stuff.
Expect an official announcement soon!

2 years have passed :(

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and the Command & Conquer Wiki. Game admin, artist, and occasional reviewer at GameFront. Approver at MobyGames. Send help.

User is online   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

View PostPlokite_Wolf, on 30 October 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

2 years have passed :(

Welcome to our Realm. Reality is our delays.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options