Duke4.net Forums: [WIP]Hellduke TC! will make your doom become alive - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[WIP]Hellduke TC! will make your doom become alive

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostXThX2, on May 14 2010, 07:43 AM, said:

I use FRAPS and my computer specs are perftect, it makes it still perfectly smooth even while recording. My issue is that I CAN'T even convert it. WMM converts it into very low resolution so much that it's not worth putting anywhere. I downloaded Blaze Media Pro but then if I convert it into ANY format it has (MPEG, WMV, and sa few more) it removes the sound or screws the quality. I'm really stuck.

No SuperGoofy, I don't want to cut down the resolution sadly. Since I got a better computer I think my recordings should be of better quality than the one I did a year or so back.

VinsaneOne introduced me to Format Factory, its pretty good at converting videos from format to format, you can even customised the conversion quality:

http://www.formatoz.com/

I was going to try out Hellduke TC, but i can't get it to work right, so i need help to get Hellduke TC to work right

I just downloaded the latest snapshot of eDuke32 from the eDuke32 website and then i downloaded hellduke TC and it still won't work

User is offline   CruX 

View PostMikko Pekkola, on 02 December 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

I was going to try out Hellduke TC, but i can't get it to work right, so i need help to get Hellduke TC to work right

I just downloaded the latest snapshot of eDuke32 from the eDuke32 website and then i downloaded hellduke TC and it still won't work

Probably has something to do with the fact that HellDuke hasn't been updated in like, 2 years. Just sayin'.

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostEmericaSkater, on 02 December 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Probably has something to do with the fact that HellDuke hasn't been updated in like, 2 years. Just sayin'.

That's true, once I get hold of resources etc I had on it I plan to release whatever I had finised as unfinished :P

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

I'm attaching a series of patches to fix CON compilation and file name case for HellDuke TC. They are against the contents of the file hellduke.zip, md5sum 27cdff6e6c8f7d530341dfac8ed16d50.

Attached File(s)

What do these ones fix? How do i use them?

• EDuke32 Developer

The interesting thing for Windows users is that they fix CON complation on neweer EDuke32 builds. (The CONs have some references to labels that were never defined, so I have no idea how that could slip through earlier.) They are applied with the GNU "patch" program from the command line, e.g.:
patch -p1 --dry-run <0001-Fix-case.patch

shows what would happen for "0001-Fix-case.patch", and the same line without "--dry-run" really applies it.

edit: fixed -p option.

Right. Where do i have to extract them?

• EDuke32 Developer

It's most convenient to extract them in the HellDuke root directory, "cd" there, and issue the mentioned command.

Uh, does XthX2 still have that Hellduke TC that has gameplay footage in YouTube and will he be able to pass it for me, because i would like to take a look at the shotgun as it was seen in the gameplay video and to explore the levels?

the mod doesn't work. problem with the hellduke.con file

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 04 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

User is offline   XThX2 

People still care for this TC? Damn, well, I have really really forgotten about this. If what I had left of it wasn't in such a giant mess (yes, I know I have a post that says I'd release this as unfinished, it is still a mess) I'd release it by now. I'm not sure if I can even do anything for it, as I forgot much about CON and any other new feature that was added after I left. I'll try though, who knows maybe I'll feel the sudden urge to go back to it again. For now all I can say is that you should use a much much older eduke32 version, which I can't recall. Sorry I can't be of much help, maybe others can.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 06 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Just to be absolutely sure, @ the people who the mod doesn't work for, have you tried Helixhorned's con fix earlier in the page? http://forums.duke4....post__p__142541

User is online   Player Lin 

View PostXThX2, on 06 November 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

People still care for this TC? Damn, well, I have really really forgotten about this.

I just hope you finished this in one day...... ;)

User is offline   supergoofy 

@ XThX2, maybe you should release what you have and let someone else to take over (if there are volunteers)

User is offline   CruX 

View PostXThX2, on 06 November 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

People still care for this TC?

Why not? Just because it's old and abandoned doesn't mean it's less entertaining. I remember HellDuke being one of the first eDuke TC's I played way back a million ba-jillion years ago. It was actually (partly) what got me interested in modding.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I remember this mod, heh.

I am sure I got some betas of it back in the day but I can't remember why... ;)

View PostMicky C, on 06 November 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Just to be absolutely sure, @ the people who the mod doesn't work for, have you tried Helixhorned's con fix earlier in the page? http://forums.duke4....post__p__142541

it doesn't do anything

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostNukemRoses, on 08 November 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

it doesn't do anything

You have to apply the patch.

User is offline   XThX2 

View Postsupergoofy, on 07 November 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

@ XThX2, maybe you should release what you have and let someone else to take over (if there are volunteers)

I really want to do it, but I need free time to get back to CON and fix all the errors, and the god-awful old maps ;)

i think i'm gonna wait till xthx2 makes a new version. and everything is fixed and such. cause this current version isn't working at all. not on old EDuke's or on new EDuke's. i will say this. this Doom TC mod for Duke 3D sure is one of the better ones i've seen. more than this other one i came across. it's interesting. there are good Duke TC mods for Doom. but not really much Doom TC mods for Duke

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I have made this one some time ago. I have already posted this stuff anyway.

(I used some PSX assets on this video)

Icon of Sin level:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Fox: 14 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

User is online   Player Lin 

Well, really nice DooM remake in eduke32, nice job. :D

No offense, but I guess I would like play something different, not just classic DooM. ;)

That's the reason I were liked HellDuke TC...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 15 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

It's not as if I wouldn't like to expand it, but I have made a complete remake (excluding the levels) for the sake of having a solid basis. But I am not sure if I will ever make something else with this.

Hi!

When I made my 1.5 maps for Hellduke I was working on some music too, but the tracks never saw the light of the day. I decided to upload them on my youtube account and can provide midi-files if anyone is intrested.

Doom-Inspired Story-Music:

Doom-Inspired E1M1:
https://www.youtube....h?v=dVTVoQvT9iw

Doom-Inspired Interlevel:
https://www.youtube....h?v=5waMWczJeZM

This post has been edited by BrOiler1985: 20 June 2015 - 01:24 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options