Duke4.net Forums: [WIP]Hellduke TC! will make your doom become alive - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[WIP]Hellduke TC! will make your doom become alive

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I thought it might have been Eriance, but I couldn't remember. He makes some great shit.

HellDuke HRP 2.0

It's a quite huge update, i add some DUKE/DOOM Textures and specific 3D models of objects of DOOM.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8c0f65b...04e75f6e8ebb871

User is offline   supergoofy 

Thanks. I added the download link in the first post.

User is offline   XThX2 

Here's my try at writing the story of Episode 1. Let me know your ideas about this. (Grammar/Flow wise)

EPISODE 1 : SCOUT MISSION

You are Sergeant Marcus Aurelius Antonio, one of UAC's best. You have been well-trained and you are the best when it comes to tactics. You are called for a transmission from your superiors. They tell you that after all the accidents UAC had in past, they are still not leaving their technology of portals. UAC is well aware of the dangers of it, and yet, they can't afford
to cancel the operation, it is far too late; and they call you to arrange a team of skilled marines to investigate the old planet. You arrange a small scout team to investigate the old UAC base on Phobos to see if there are demons lurking around and if there could be a reconstruction there, as they have left many of their essential devices there.

As your small group approaches there, you receive strange signals from the old Phobos. The source is unknown, but you are suspicious, thinking those could be from the source of the old UAC base. As you land on ground in your personal spaceship, you notice the other ships disappearing from your sight...
You are sending calls to them but none replies. When you force-land the desert-like surface of Phobos, you receive strange soundwaves from your radio. They are sounds of your team mates screaming in pain, you assume they have met with demons; you grab your standard personel pistol and get ready for the fight of your life...

It has been 78 years since the heroic marine of UAC has passed away, and Marcus is well aware of the hero's past. Will history repeat itself, or will it end here; in Phobos?

This post has been edited by XThX2: 14 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

Marcus Aurelius Antonio... A roman guy that going to Mars whit an AK-47 for kill the barbarian demons: but it's DOOM or ROOMA :) ?

User is offline   XThX2 

Uh, refer to this =>Marcus, an emperor

Couldn't find anything better :)

By the way, when you're going to release a new version (an alpha would be good too) ?
I only played that old demo on MODDB, but I think it's quite obsolete now, isn't it ?

This post has been edited by Headless_Horseman: 14 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

User is offline   XThX2 

Absolutely... :)

Since the school is over, I can get my hands to work on the mod full time. It might be released near the end of August.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 14 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

And I would be happy to make download mirrors, when it's released :) :D

@XThX2, did you get the p.m. that I sent you ? I never got a reply.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 14 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

User is offline   XThX2 

Recent news; worked hard for the last 2 weeks and here's what I have come up with.

Spheres/Runes :

SPHERES : Temporary boosts on one of your properties. These boosts stack with each other. Some examples are (which will be included in E1);

- Guard Sphere (Reduces any damage dealt to you by %75 for X minutes)
- Doom Sphere (Doubles the damage you deal for Y minutes)
- Turbo Sphere (Doubles your movement speed for "and so on...")
- Invisibility Sphere (Invisibility)
- Precision Sphere (Reduces the spread of your weapons to a lower value)

* The ones I consider to add *

- Demon Sphere (Perhaps indicates the places of every DEMON in the map, or transforms you into a demon of some sort...)
- Hellforge Sphere (Quad Damage)

RUNES : A boost that is permanent, however they don't stack with each other, so you'll have to discard the rune you previously had if you pick a new one. These are;

- Rage (Halves the amount of time needed to fire your weapon)
- Resistance (Reduces the amount of damage dealt to you by %50, stacks with your armor)
- Regeneration (Regenerates your health by 5 per/sec)
- Spread (Makes your attack spread to 45º left and 45º right as well as with your normal attack (so you have a total of 3 attacks of the same))
- Anti-Gravirty (Increases your jumping height dramatically)
- Prosperity (Increases your maximum value of armor/health)

* The ones I consider to add *

- Vampiric Soul (You regenerate %x (needs experiments) of the damage you deal to the monster)
- Haste (Increases your movement speed by %x (again, experimental))

Expect a video soon! ;)

This post has been edited by XThX2: 03 July 2009 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   eddym4814 

Hi XThX2. Why don't you ask about getting your mod hosted at Duke4.net ? It's much better than using those temporary hosting sites.

I totally agree. Although if any mirror is down I can re-upload. But for a permanent link duke4.net is perfect.

@XThX2, looking forward to play the new version, when of course is done. ;)

User is offline   XThX2 

Ok time to post what I've been up to recenly :

* Fixed a bug with alternate fire that caused the player to use no ammo on weapons 5, 8 and 10.
* Fixed the alternate fire triggering too early, too early that it would trigger even if you weren't seeing the weapon at all (at switching period)
* Replaced 9th weapon with a grenade launcher. (Still thinking on an alternative fire for it)
* I'll replace weapon 6, the remote bombs because they are plain useless, I need weapon ideas for it. (No flamethrowers or anything like that, I need futuristic ideas, flamethrower is saved for E2 ;) )
* Added explosive bullets altfire to shotgun.
* Replaced the images of pistol, shotgun, super shotgun, electro staff and machinegun with their better palette'd PNG versions. They look much cooler now.
* Added a new pain system which increased the chance of causing pain state by shotgun, supershotgun and that kind of weapons.
* Increased the amount of damage reducement by Battle Suit, it reduces a lot more damage than the basic infantry shied does, however this shield get's damaged faster than the normal shield. Gives 240 armor on pickup.
* I might add two more armor types, one being a Fire Armor and the other being the trooper class armor.
* Removed an annoying bug that caused ricochet sounds playing more than once.
* Remade Lost Souls, Revenant's rockets, Ion Imp's ion balls.
* Removed/saved unnecessary material for episode 2.
* The final boss is being coded. (Only 2 more attacks and the boss health box left)
* Sadly, no chances by means of map. I've been focusing more on coding bugs/features lately. Anyone who's willing to map is welcome. ;)

This post has been edited by XThX2: 16 July 2009 - 05:50 AM

Since the version on ModDB is quite old and you seem to have worked on it quite a lot, why don't you release another beta, so we can help you to find and fix some bugs ?
The old version is quite buggy and keep crashing with the new versions of Eduke32, so I need something more stable to play (and some more bugs to swear to) :blink:

User is offline   XThX2 

Actually, I was thinking on it as my computer still has problems with the graphics card and can't run any higher games than classic dos games :/ I remember saying that I'd release the mod at the end of August, well I don't think that's going to happen because of what I said. (I can only work on it from 11:00 to 18:30 in weekdays, work)

I was thinking about releasing a new one too, but only to some specific people; not to entire public as I want to keep some "easter eggs" or "cool stuff" hidden for full version with no bugs and all that. For now, a list of changes I have made include;

* New stat boosts. Basic Boost +1 to max stats, +1 to stats. (life/armor) Armor pad +1 to max armor, Life bottle +1 to max life.
* Resistance Rune completed. (Needs some tests)
* Pipebombs are replaced with LasGun. Sort of like a railgun with fast but RANDOM fusion damage. (I'll tell you what the damage value varies between when I get access to the computer)
* Tripbombs are replaced with Grenade Launcher. It can launch a sonic grenade which will make enemies dizzy and miss their attacks, and it can launch phosphorus grenades that cause a big explosion and deal damage over time. (Good to cause enemies heavy pain)
* Alternate fires of weapons use CUSTOM ammo, to make things more balanced, except for the pistol, chaingun and lasgun. Shotgun uses explosive shells; Rocket Launcher uses Enhanced Gray Rocket; I don't know what I should add for LasGun yet but probably something like a Link Gun if I can pull it off; Electro Staff uses Enchanted Mana, Silver Gun also uses explosive shells; Grenade Launcher uses Phosphorus grenades; Plasma Rifle uses 2 types of alternate ammo. 1 for Fusion, second for Ion; Neutralizer also uses Enchanted Mana.
* Fixed the sub-weapons switching too quick.
* Cheating now increases your max amount to what a Backpack provides you.
* Recolored some items.
* Any powerup or rune you pickup are displayed on your screen.
* Golden and Saphire keys are be displayed on your screen.
* Fixed the oversized inventory select bar.
* Slowed the Plasma Rifle's attack speed a bit. (It's much more devastating when you have Rage rune, and makes more sense to have it)
* Railgun is more accurate.
* Replaced some ammo sprites with better ones.

What I've been planning to do or working on :

* Coding the boss of E1. Well, it still needs an attack and a special "effect"
* Fire armor, it protects you from lava and others for now, have to code the explosion protection as well.
* Jetpack will be replaced with something I have yet to find.
* Started placing/defining actions for Fusion Spider, now it only needs a code.
* Plenty more that I can't remember :blink:

But I think I can release a beta by the end of August. So stay tuned ! :D

This post has been edited by XThX2: 16 August 2009 - 05:40 AM

I hope I can put my grubby hands on the new beta ASAP, as I'm currently enjoying "Knee Deep in ZDoom" very much !
As for pipebombs, I will miss them. Hopefully, the new explosive weapon will be cool (if it's like the one of Quake, I will be very happy).

User is offline   XThX2 

Uploaded new pictures to my ModDB page. Check them out ! Showing off a few of Hellmatch (:o) maps I've converted from Doom and the 2 new weapons. I've yet to post a full log of changes. Enjoy !

Hellduke TC! At ModDB

This post has been edited by XThX2: 11 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

User is offline   darkcaleb 

hey the mod looks promising :o if i may ask where did you get those terminator weapons

User is offline   XThX2 

I ripped them myself + someone added the hands. I added the green dot on grenade launcher's "got ammo" frame.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 11 September 2009 - 08:13 AM

Fixed con files for latest EDuke32 builds:
HellDuke_fix.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ni5m2

These con files fix the con errors and also fix the problems with the weapons selection.

For more info read my posts in page:
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showtopi...&start=1080

User is offline   XThX2 

I guess it has been some very long time since I last posted here, but well. Things were a bit unfortunate for me. It's a long story but I can shorten it by just saying "Forgot to extract half of the new resource before formatting the old computer". So all this time I was actually trying to put things back on the line. Sadly, I've only made some new progress yesterday; this doesn't mean that I have left the project though. I shall keep working on it as always. I hope that I'll get a final video that is some sort of a trailer done by the end of the next two weeks.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 27 January 2010 - 03:23 AM

Cant wait for it ;)

Any good news, XThX2 ?

User is offline   XThX2 

Yes, lots of... and a bad one. I can't list the good ones because they'll take too much, but I can do a quick summary.

* Revised many of the weapons, added extra rune effects to them along with alternative fires.
* Railguns work flawlessly.
* Many of the monsters had their AI's reworked, so as to be a good challenge.
* Some bosses are added (both mini and big) to add to the gameplay.
* I have yet to code this but mission objectives for each map. (Which adds to the gameplay, but I have to be sure that I'm done with the maps first)
* Some runes and powerups have been reworked to work better.
* The way many other stuff work have been changed, but doesn't affect the gameplay a lot.

Now the bad one... I can't record a video to show these :( I mean, I can but I have to downsize it but I don't have a good software to do so. I've tried many out there and they either kill the quality horribly or shrink the screen size badly. In the end, I guess I'll have no hopes but to finish up a beta and send it to someone who can record one.

But all in all, there is progress made, don't you worry. I'm just taking my time to make it look good. (Especially with maps... Since that's the part I suck most at :/ )

This post has been edited by XThX2: 13 May 2010 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you're using FRAPS, then you don't have to reduce the quality, even converting into another format alone would be enough to make the file size 100 times smaller - just in case you didn't know that. (I really want to see a video :()

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMicky C, on May 14 2010, 07:03 PM, said:

If you're using FRAPS, then you don't have to reduce the quality, even converting into another format alone would be enough to make the file size 100 times smaller - just in case you didn't know that. (I really want to see a video :()

It maybe that he is using FRAPS, and with my history of using it on my old single core computer it makes EDuke32 quite unplayable while recording (you get that mouse freeze shit)

I dont remember his specs of his PC, but that maybe the issue.
And yeah, just converting the video in ye old Windows Movie Maker is good enough.

You can record the video in FRAPS in half size of game's resolution. If you play in 800x600 then you can record in 400x300. Then with a converter you can compress it with XviD and LAME/mp3.

User is offline   XThX2 

I use FRAPS and my computer specs are perftect, it makes it still perfectly smooth even while recording. My issue is that I CAN'T even convert it. WMM converts it into very low resolution so much that it's not worth putting anywhere. I downloaded Blaze Media Pro but then if I convert it into ANY format it has (MPEG, WMV, and sa few more) it removes the sound or screws the quality. I'm really stuck.

No SuperGoofy, I don't want to cut down the resolution sadly. Since I got a better computer I think my recordings should be of better quality than the one I did a year or so back.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

For converting you should try downloading VirtualDub and ffdshow.

I would also suggest to take a look at:
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options