Duke4.net Forums: BloodTC for eDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

I really don't see the point to start worrying about hi-ress stuff for Blood now : first let's have the game nicely remade for Eduke, then who cares about the hi-res stuff (not me) could surely made something to improve that version.

NICE WORK M210!!!!! I have been watching your Blood to Eduke32 TC and its looking good.

After seeing your mod on youtube I had to install blood and play some. After finishing the first 3 acts i installed the build and started making my own map. And now I have planes to make a full set of maps for this TC afters its done. I'm going to just keeps making maps in blood and get use to the textures and how to make good looking blood maps for now.

For me the biggest upgrade would be true widescreen support. I love going back and playing all my old games in widescreen (if they have a FOV fix).

Anyway keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the final release.

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 18 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

User is offline   Mark 

When I first saw this TC mentioned a few months ago I was busy making HRP textures for Duke and SW and thought why not Blood too. No one said they needed any but I figured sometime in the future there may be a need for some so I have about 15 or 20 made so far. I'll continue adding more in between other projects. Its something to do on those hot sweltering days of summer when I'm stuck inside with the cool air conditioning running. :blink:

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostMarked, on Aug 18 2009, 07:41 PM, said:

When I first saw this TC mentioned a few months ago I was busy making HRP textures for Duke and SW and thought why not Blood too. No one said they needed any but I figured sometime in the future there may be a need for some so I have about 15 or 20 made so far. I'll continue adding more in between other projects. Its something to do on those hot sweltering days of summer when I'm stuck inside with the cool air conditioning running. :blink:

I knew you would come around. Nice work on SW and Duke.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMarked, on Aug 19 2009, 12:41 AM, said:

When I first saw this TC mentioned a few months ago I was busy making HRP textures for Duke and SW and thought why not Blood too. No one said they needed any but I figured sometime in the future there may be a need for some so I have about 15 or 20 made so far. I'll continue adding more in between other projects. Its something to do on those hot sweltering days of summer when I'm stuck inside with the cool air conditioning running. :D

Hi-res Blood textures would be useful for many of us :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Ah this reminds me, I've compiled a bit of art from all the blood betas and sharewares. There is quite a bit of unused art. I'm working on the sound stuff, but I can't figure out how to extract them with the right sound rate (11025 or 22050khz, or something like that, I'm running off memory).

If i remember rightly, they are in .RAW format, and are not all at the same rate, i used to use Sound Forge to open them, find the right setting and save as whatever i needed, took ages and i don't have my converted files any more. Sound Forge might not support it any more, i still use Version 4 you see as i know the new one doesn't have .voc support.

So basically, sounds are a long painful process, and they are all at different rates, you just have to experiment with each one.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Well, I know that internally the game uses 2 files for sounds, a .RAW and then a data file that holds all the information like sample rate. I can't figure out how to use these ancient programs to extract both files and convert them to either .wav or .voc.

Yo do know how to extract from the .RFF files with the .RAW files in right? Blood comes with a "barf.exe" for doing this, as for the Data file, i wasn't aware there was one, and i doubt there will be anything to utilize it, just like those damn .CSM files.
I seem to remember barf not getting all the files out though, so you might do well to find another utility, Ken Silverman did KBarf i think, but i haven't ever used it.

If the worst comes to the worst, I could start converting them for you, but it would take a long time as there were at least a thousand files if i remember rightly, some of the were duplicates though.

One of the most interesting sounds i discovered was an unused song from when the player has been idle, if i remember rightly, Caleb growled the words "Everybody loves somebody sometime." which sounds rather unfitting for him.

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostHigh Treason, on Aug 23 2009, 04:21 AM, said:

"Everybody loves somebody sometime."

Not me baby.

User is offline   XThX2 

No, it wasn't unused. It was used in the first level of the expansion pack; Plasma Pak, with the phrase Spiker also shown.

Also, I think it clearly fits for someone who just lost his lover (or wife, though I'm unsure) and doesn't want to feel that pain again. :blink:

User is offline   Devon 

Omg i cant wait to try out an beta of this.

So damn sweet :blink:

User is offline   m210® 

As it is known on the Internet already there is word-combination BloodTC, may be it's possible to rename the project? For example eBlood32 or Blooduke? :blink:

This post has been edited by M210: 06 September 2009 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Your names are ok :blink: Here are some much more stupid suggestions:

- Caleb32
- Caleb lives again
- Resurrection of eCaleb
- Caleb avanges Duke
- Duke's blood

But seriosuly I think that a nice name for the TC would be just "Resurrection" or "Blood - Ressurection" Sounds like a good movie title :D

User is offline   Spiker 

OMG I didn't know this name is already used for the second part of of blood, which I have never played, so you can't use it. Hmmm it seems it's just a mod for blood 2 so maybe after all you can use it. But it may be confusing

This post has been edited by Spiker: 06 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Hm, Ressurection? It is pleasant to me, but what is it? :blink:
I can't translate it :D

User is offline   Mark 

brought back to life

This post has been edited by Marked: 06 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMarked, on Sep 6 2009, 09:58 PM, said:

brought back to life

Heh, good, but a verry long name :blink:

User is offline   Spiker 

he wasn't suggesting a name but was translating resurrection for you. Resurrection means brought back to life.

User is offline   m210® 

And about BLWEAP, I will fix a flaws and want to next release, therefore I registered on Moddb and posted BLWEAP mod :blink:
http://www.moddb.com...lood-weapon-mod

This post has been edited by M210: 06 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSpiker, on Sep 6 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

he wasn't suggesting a name but was translating resurrection for you. Resurrection means brought back to life.

Ok, may be it's a excellent name, I'll rename a my project:)

User is offline   m210® 

New launcher for BloodTC :blink:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Launcher.JPG

User is offline   Spiker 

Wow! That looks cool :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Actually, it is spelled "resurrection."

User is offline   Devon 

im in love! :blink:

User is offline   jose 

great, ppl where do i download this? earlier download links are broken and i can't find it on m210's page. thanks, joe

User is offline   m210® 

View Postjose, on Sep 9 2009, 09:52 AM, said:

great, ppl where do i download this? earlier download links are broken and i can't find it on m210's page. thanks, joe

BloodTC isn't release yet. You can download a BLWEAP mod on my site.

User is offline   jose 

thank you, looking forward to release. in the meantime how do i switch weapon to proximity detonator for instance, overally i am not sure if i can see all guns when switching with mousewheel or 1-9 keys

User is offline   m210® 

View Postjose, on Sep 10 2009, 01:11 PM, said:

thank you, looking forward to release. in the meantime how do i switch weapon to proximity detonator for instance, overally i am not sure if i can see all guns when switching with mousewheel or 1-9 keys

You can press the key6 twice. mousewheel will not work, may be I will think as to make it:)

User is offline   jose 

i just realized.. i used 'give all weapons' cheat and i got all weapons except for #6 (dynamite/remote control). could you please check that?

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options