• 27 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I try to fix all of this flaws

View PostXThX2, on Aug 6 2009, 02:30 PM, said:

* Although life leech looks great, it doesn't life leech! (ironic isn't it) In original blood, it was leeching life (check your pm) they changed it in Plasma Pak for some reason though...

May be you played with god mode? It leeching life without ammo.

View PostXThX2, on Aug 6 2009, 02:30 PM, said:

NOTE : Your mod crashed a lot on 1485 build.

Yeah, I know it, but here I'm powerless

This post has been edited by M210: 06 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

I see that weapon stats can also be found at postmortem :blink: For example alt-fire of shotty is suposed to be 192 damage while primary just 64 :D

This post has been edited by Spiker: 06 August 2009 - 03:28 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Well, I fix a few flaws
BLWEAP_Beta2.rar

Change log :blink:
* Increase damage of Napalm launcher
* Increase damage of tesla launcher
* Added missing quotes
* ? Life Leech sends A LOT OF con errors to the console - fix (unknown)
* A few other fixes

Because I increase health of enemies at twice, it man be excluded.
decrease health back

View PostHeadless_Horseman, on Aug 6 2009, 03:07 AM, said:

* The "fuse" of the alt-fire is too long. It's almost completely useless in this way.

FIX! :D

User is offline   Spiker 

hhhmm I think that the radius of napalm l is too large now! I also find it strange that flare pitol can destroy cracks in the walls. I don't know if alt tesla should damage a player? even if it should it shouldn't kill him instantly. Plus you should remove fire sound while powering alt-spray :blink:

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSpiker, on Aug 6 2009, 05:37 PM, said:

hhhmm I think that the radius of napalm l is too large now!

So it is better?
Attached File  EDUKE.CON (427.08K)
Number of downloads: 845

I also find it strange that flare pitol can destroy cracks in the walls.

Yeap, because it's five rockets at alt-fire :blink:

I don't know if alt tesla should damage a player? even if it should it shouldn't kill him instantly.

Yes, it should but in original Blood it works how general rocket attack. Is all true.

Plus you should remove fire sound while powering alt-spray :D

For what? I don't think that silent burning of spray will be better:) and Blood have this sound too

This post has been edited by M210: 06 August 2009 - 05:57 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

What I meant there is no sound when you increase this red bar to throw at large distances. It's only there when you use primary fire :blink:

Edit: can't dowload the con. When I click it it displays the content only and I can't save it by right clicking. Im not going to create the new file and paste it there hehe

This post has been edited by Spiker: 06 August 2009 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   XThX2 

I don't think it kills the play instantly in blood, with 100 hp. Maybe severely damage on point blank but not kill ?

Also, are the powerups made yet ? Deathmask, reflection etc.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSpiker, on Aug 6 2009, 06:07 PM, said:

Edit: can't dowload the con.

Ok, take it.Attached File  EDUKE.rar (30.84K)
Number of downloads: 876

View PostXThX2, on Aug 6 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

Also, are the powerups made yet ? Deathmask, reflection etc.

I'm not made powerups yet, I think include it at BloodTC, not at BLWEAP

View PostM210, on Aug 6 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

Ok, take it.Attachment EDUKE.rar

I'm not made powerups yet, I think include it at BloodTC, not at BLWEAP

Hey m210, i am sure you didn't hear from me in the past months, got it too busy with other stuff, but how are you and your project ?
I see you are doing your best on the weapons

Greetz,
themaniacboy

User is offline   m210® 

I'm assured that it will help:)
Attached File  Spray_alt_and_tesla_alt.rar (2.29MB)
Number of downloads: 633

User is offline   m210® 

View Postthemaniacboy, on Aug 6 2009, 07:28 PM, said:

Hey m210, i am sure you didn't hear from me in the past months, got it too busy with other stuff, but how are you and your project ?
I see you are doing your best on the weapons

Greetz,
themaniacboy

Yeah, I working on blood weapons and when weapons will be as original Blood, I include it at BloodTC. Therefore my project is fine, thanks:)

User is offline   Spiker 

The napalm distance is now fine. However it's still too deadly for a player. At certain distance a player should receive less damage than when he gets a direct hit or there is an explosion close to him.

User is offline   XThX2 

Oh this is a seperate mod from Blood TC ?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostXThX2, on Aug 6 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

Oh this is a seperate mod from Blood TC ?

No, it's video from an original blood:)

Noticed weapon bugs:

Pistol flare => too much damage on alt fire. both of the fire modes substract a point to the vitctim and doesn't count as a frag.

Sawed-off => PERFECT!

normal TNT => same as the pistol (except for the damages, it's fine)

Napalm Launcher => hit radius too large and too powerful. Seems the hit radius is not divided into different damage areas.

Fork => not powerful enough. hit range a bit too long

rod => player still hurt when respawned immediatly after dying because of fire

spray => doesn't count as a frag and substract a point to the victim. normal attack is not powerful enough. alt fire is too powerful

User is offline   XThX2 

Well he can take the bloodbath into a whole new dimension with those bugs! Whoever substracts more from each other's points wins ! :blink:

How is vodoo doll going ? I forgot how it worked but AFAIK, it had no range limitations. The strange thing with that weapon is how it targets it's enemies. Probably with a Line of sight check, angle differences and distance checks. (Closest gets the hit)

Not bad, not bad at all. All the weapons seem to be coming along very nicely. :blink: There is some minor tweaking needed, but the majority of it has already been mentioned by others. Good work man.

I look forward to future releases, and the hopes of being able to play some good old Blood in eDuke very soon. :D And man, with the Polymer renderer... this is going to look fecking awesome.

User is offline   Stabs 

burning cultist are going to look so cool in polymer :blink:

Just a little notice : I think that Tommy Gun and Tesla Cannon are too powerful.
I mean, for example the Tommy Gun is way more powerful than the Chaingun in Duke.
Perhaps you can decrease the fire rate a little.

User is offline   XThX2 

I believe he did those to suit his own mod, not duke's :blink: He'll probably not keep the enemy stats as they are right now.

View PostDamien_Azreal, on Aug 7 2009, 02:46 AM, said:

And man, with the Polymer renderer... this is going to look fecking awesome.

Polymer Blood.. Oh dammit, you just had to remind me, didn't you? <3

User is offline   Devon 

This is the best thing that has happend since the release of the duke3d source. :blink:

i just love this its amazing so damn amazing. :D B)

THANK YOU!! B) B)

User is offline   m210® 

Just I have finished a new desing of my site!
Now I made a link to downloading of my mod BLWEAP (further and BloodTC too) eDuke32 page Since last 3 days I was engaged in design of a site, and I did not have time on BLWEAP, therefore mod practically has not changed in a code, but will soon change later:)

P.S. Later my site will be translation on English

This post has been edited by M210: 13 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

User is offline   m210® 

BLWEAP is changed
eDuke32 page

What lacks remained?

User is offline   Skulldog 

Like your new website. BLWEAP has no scoreboard with multiplayer.

User is offline   m210® 

Yeah, I have redesing my site:)
and yes, it hasn't, but it's not my fault, may be it can enable at eDuke32 somewhere.

User is offline   m210® 

A few changes: (16.08.2009 - 918kb)
* Fix burning after dead and respawn(I know as :blink: )
* Change alt-fire mechanic of pistol(flare)
* Made BloodSpray, but isn't includes into game

This post has been edited by M210: 15 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Are you going to make 3d models and high res textures for the mod? If not, I don't really see the point, since Blood actually runs on an advanced version of the build engine. So just porting elements of the game to Duke would be a downgrade. I think you should set it up to run with models and high res textures. Also maybe you can remake some of the levels from the blood expansion, since I can never get the expansion to run except for once.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 16 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Remake Blood to Duke engine isn't downgrade, first because this engine supports high res textures and models, and because you can't lauch Blood and play it to net without old PC or Dosbox, therefore it has been decided to transfer game on win-port eDuke32.
So I'm not able to make a models and textures, but I have an acquaintance which will help me with it.

This post has been edited by M210: 16 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View PostM210, on Aug 16 2009, 10:50 PM, said:

Remake Blood to Duke engine isn't downgrade, first because this engine supports high res textures and models, and because you can't lauch Blood and play it to net without old PC or Dosbox, therefore it has been decided to transfer game on win-port eDuke32.
So I'm not able to make a models and textures, but I have an acquaintance which will help me with it.

I meant it was a downgrade, because in Blood you have stacks(upper and lower stack), in Duke you don't. I do understand that the game will run smoother on eduke32. I didn't mean to come off as a douch in anyway. I simply meant, that just having blood on Duke without any models or high res textures wouldn't really cause me to download the mod, since I can play Blood fine with my friend online. Are you as interested in making the multiplayer aspect of the mod as you are the single player? Also, will you be making it so you can play multiplayer with the maps from the Blood expansion. Alot of the maps from the Blood expansion I've never seen, since it's such a pain to get it to run. Blood with dosbox always ran fine for me though, well except with my old pc. Also, when you and your friend decide to add models and textures, please please make them look good. I remember looking at the Transfusion mod for Quake and it looked like garbage.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 17 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options