Duke4.net Forums: Any Duke related dreams? - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Duke related dreams?

User is offline   Jolteon 

Thank you. ;) I'm pretty sure we will have a blast! (Also it does makes me wonder if I will end up having Duke Dreams while I'm away :P )

User is offline   FistMarine 

Had another Duke related dream last night. I only remember some kind of a boss map where I was surrounded by all kinds of monsters (Troopers, Pig Cops, Enforcers, Octabrains, Commanders, etc) as well as the Overlord. All I had was the pistol but I remember sometime later I managed to defeat the boss somehow. That's all I remember from the dream.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostRunningDuke, on 07 July 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

Had another Duke related dream last night. I only remember some kind of a boss map where I was surrounded by all kinds of monsters (Troopers, Pig Cops, Enforcers, Octabrains, Commanders, etc) as well as the Overlord. All I had was the pistol but I remember sometime later I managed to defeat the boss somehow. That's all I remember from the dream.

Sounds like a very "fair" setting for the player :P But I'm sure overall it made sense and with Duke3D's fast movement and good map design.. it probably was indeed very much possible to win the fight.

I haven't had any duke related dreams in quite a while. Maybe this upcoming duke youtube stream will change that though..

View Postspessu_sb, on 07 July 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

Sounds like a very "fair" setting for the player :P But I'm sure overall it made sense and with Duke3D's fast movement and good map design.. it probably was indeed very much possible to win the fight.

I haven't had any duke related dreams in quite a while. Maybe this upcoming duke youtube stream will change that though..

Exactly. As long as you have the required weaponry to defeat the monsters, then the fight is no problem for me. I've beaten harder maps, though. ;)

Also had yet another Duke related dream last night. It was about a secret that was never discovered before in Raw Meat. I wish I could remember more but I don't remember all the details, sadly.

Just had a couple of Duke3D related dreams in the last couple of weeks but I can only remember the one from last night. It was about an Area 51 styled user map but the map itself didn't look at all like the Area 51 from the original game.

Anyway I don't remember much of the dream other than the map coming with a demo file that showed a walkthrough for it and when I played the map, I was fighting some troopers. That's all I remember.

That's pretty Interesting.

I did had a dream last night. In it I was playing a Doom mod (Don't remember which one though), where in it, I was facing a red Cycloid Emperor named Moloch (Who is on the Realm 667 beastiary). Can't remember to much about the dream though.

Should've mentioned this sooner, but when I was on Vacation, I actually had a dream, where in it I was in some kind of Minecraft level. It was so foggy so I couldn't really see that much. I did ended up encountering enemies like the Zombie pigcops, and enforcers in the dream. That's pretty much about it.

Had an interesting dream last night. It wasn't exactly Duke related but this time it was about playing Shadow Warrior and the level actually took place in my own bedroom. Two ninjas came out of nowhere (however they weren't regular brown pants ninjas, they were actually blue pants ninjas) and started attacking me with their uzis, similar to the first map of SW. I was trying to kill the first one but kept missing and until I finally slashed him with my sword, he drained my health until it reached 54. And then I found the second ninja shortly but I managed to kill him in the first swing with sword. Then the dream ended.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostRunningDuke, on 09 August 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Had an interesting dream last night. It wasn't exactly Duke related but this time it was about playing Shadow Warrior and the level actually took place in my own bedroom. Two ninjas came out of nowhere (however they weren't regular brown pants ninjas, they were actually blue pants ninjas) and started attacking me with their uzis, similar to the first map of SW. I was trying to kill the first one but kept missing and until I finally slashed him with my sword, he drained my health until it reached 54. And then I found the second ninja shortly but I managed to kill him in the first swing with sword. Then the dream ended.

Haha, sounds like an awesome dream. I bet before the dream ended, there was also atleast an "hoo look you comin appart?" :thumbsup:

View Postspessu_sb, on 13 August 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Haha, sounds like an awesome dream. I bet before the dream ended, there was also atleast an "hoo look you comin appart?" :thumbsup:

Sadly, there wasn't. But anyway last night I had yet another Duke related dream, this one was rather interesting. I remember receiving as prize the addons Duke Xtreme and Duke Zone 2 and they were in physical format and on a nice jewel case but the cover was made of only one color. The Duke Xtreme cover was just green without anything on it, while Duke Zone 2 was red. I was thinking it's some sort of special edition because I didn't remember the covers being like that before but then I wanted to sell them to people who need the addons, since I already have Kill-a-Ton collection and the collection includes these two addons.

Had one the other night that involved playing a level of Duke 3D on a bridge....it was basically trying to make it from one end to the other while spamming the hell out of every bit of firepower possible and avoiding mass-spawns of enemies. The Incinerator from World Tour was used at one point, which is hilarious considering how I've never played World Tour.

I had a weird dream, which wasn't really about Duke, but more for Doom again. In it, I was facing what looks like a Giant Hades Elemental. I was attacking him by throwing Fireballs at him weirdly. There were also more Zombie Cacodemons (From Caco Invasion) in the arena as well. After that, I Faced this small baby zombie cacodemon, who kept draining my health. After killing him, suddenly a evil ghost appeared and pretty much killed me. That was pretty much about it.

Two nights ago I had a dream where the assets of Duke Nukem: Zero Hour had been released and fans were encouraged to make a first-person port for EDuke32 with its own HRP. When I woke up, I opened Duke4.net and saw this thread.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 18 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Interesting dreams! Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I was away for a while.

Anyway I've had a weird Duke related dream last night. It was about a modified and creepy version of E1L1 where there were creepy sounds, the place was flooded, most textures were red (or a darker shade of red like in those MRCK maps), troopers were static and placed upside down with their "dying sprite" (when you shoot them while they are flying) and probably more. Other than that I don't remember much.

Had another dream last night. I was playing a usermap that had a bunch (And I mean a BUNCH) of pigcops. I was mostly using the RPG to blow them up. There was also a couple of Protector drones and Enforcers (Who had a custom dying animation where they fell on their backs when dead). That's pretty much about it though.

User is offline   Doomfrost 

Have had a few in the past, one was a mix between Duke II and Duke 3d, where it took place in Duke II Episode 4-1, and instead of the regular enemies it was the 3d ones. Others were Battlelord themed (probably because it's my favorite boss), but the battles took place in Wolfenstein maps, I think the last one I had was Duke flying a Pyro-GX from Descent. That's all I can remember.

User is offline   Avoozl 

Duke Nukem has always eluded my dreams, but I have had a Doom dream or two.

I've had a few Duke related dreams in my life, most of them have to do with Hotel Hell, but the main recurring dream I have is to be able to play Duke in the movie... it's a pretty good dream. :)

View PostMajor Tom, on 16 August 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Had one the other night that involved playing a level of Duke 3D on a bridge....it was basically trying to make it from one end to the other while spamming the hell out of every bit of firepower possible and avoiding mass-spawns of enemies. The Incinerator from World Tour was used at one point, which is hilarious considering how I've never played World Tour.

Y'know, oddly enough, that describes one of the better maps from World Tour. Golden Carnage. It's set on the Golden Gate Bridge, sadly you don't face mass-spawns of enemies, but the gameplay is very similar to your dream.

User is offline   juvenite 

Wow. Finally, I had my first Duke dream. As a good forgetful person, most of the dream is gone from my mind, but I'll write the small vague bits I'm able to recall. Posted Image

So, I'm not sure how it starts, what I remember is that I ended up in a level that looks like the fourth one from Hollywood Holocaust. It was different though.
Remember that part in the beginning of the level where right after you get out of the submarine underwater, there's a cracked wall nearby that you explode and there are a couple octabrains in there? Yeah so, part of my dream was there.
It's way bigger, it felt like a quite big closed box, the walls weren't rocky though, they were some kind of metal, including the floors and ceilings. I was underwater trying to kill a pigcop. I also got off water and killed another pigcop outside with a shotgun. The only other bit I remember is trying to kill a octabrain with a devastator in a level that looked like the Cycloid's arena. For some reason some of the rockets weren't effective at times, they wouldn't do any damage lol. Oh, also, the octabrain I was trying to kill had a little bit of a weird expression, it looked more aggressive and frightening.

User is offline   Maisth 

I had a dream related to to the BUILD engine actually.

Its hard to explain but the best i can say is that you could design a Map with other people, it was crazy and i thought it was fun.

User is offline   The Nate 

Collaborative mapping? Seems like a good idea.

User is offline   juvenite 

Some sort of online "multiplayer" mapping would be just amazing, lol.

I had a weird dream a few nights ago. In it I was playing the Leviathan Raid in Destiny 2 (Which I had yet to complete :rolleyes: ) with my friends on PS4. We were doing the gauntlet part. In the gauntlet, there were these walls with 9 holes, 8 of them had blue outlines, and 1 had a red outline. When you're the runner for this part, you have to call out the row that the red circle is in (So Top, Middle Bottom) this way you're teammates know what arrow they're not supposed to shoot (It's kinda confusing to be honest). So I was the runner, and I was calling out what row the red outlined circle was in. Then once I reached the finished line, something weird happened, I didn't get teleported back with my team, instead I teleported into this weird room with these platforms, which looked like something you'd would see in a really weird usermap sometimes. I pretty much continued on, jumping on the platforms, with these orbs on them, and pretty much kept calling out where these orbs were (Top, middle, bottom). That's pretty much about it.

I've ended up recreating this room to show what it looked like (Minus the orbs).

Attached Image: duke0251.png

This post has been edited by Shadow Jolteon: 22 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

Interesting dreams! I haven't had too many Duke related dreams as of lately, although there was a dream I've had a few weeks ago which I nearly forgot about it where I was playing a custom map for Duke3D and remember fighting the Firefly Troopers from World Tour and Duke's hand sprite was a bit glitchy when using weapons like Pistol and RPG, like quickly appearing and disappearing.

Anyway last night I had an interesting dream related to some kind of movie that had Duke Nukem starring in it. Actually I even remember before Duke showed up, I kept telling myself that I hope Duke is in this movie and indeed few seconds later he appeared on screen. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Jess Renee 

I once dreamed I was saved by Duke. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a weird crush on him when I was a kid. ha

That sounds like a really nice dream. :rolleyes:

Anyway last night I've had yet another Duke related dream. It was about some recently released alien-themed episode for Duke3D by some of the most talented Duke4.net mappers. One interesting thing I remember from the dream is that one of the levels had 101 secrets in total. It seemed like the author tagged as secret each sector contained inside each secret area, like for example when I found a secret by going through a vent, it registered 5 secrets already. That's all I remember from the dream.

I had a Duke dream couple nights ago, and in it Gearbox had just released a new Duke game, but it was digital only, then Team Misfit released Duke Nukem 3D RETHINKED, where they recreated the entire game, with amazing added features. It ended up hurting Gearbox's sales, and was downloaded about three times more than Gearbox's new Duke game. But DN3DR was pretty epic. It was a good dream. :rolleyes:

Just had a Duke related dream recently. It was about playing The Gate mod for Duke3D and I remember I was playing the first map where it ended up being different in dream (only starting area looked similar, rest of the map seemed to take place in an airport) and I was trying to find every secret. Other than that, I only remember fighting with about 10-15 enemies at same time, which were mostly troopers, pig cops and enforcers.

Had two bad Duke dreams/nightmare over the last couple nights. Duke Forever was modded to where Duke moves at DN3D speed but I kept bumping into things. His personality was horrible. Called women whores and beat them. Wasn't himself at all. Then someone was yelling "character assassination!" which is very true lately with Gearbox's recent outings. His character has been assassinated but not as bad as my dream.

I had a really weird dream last night. I was playing Duke 3D where I was in this abyss (Not the level Abyss) area in the level Lunar Reactor, where the Jetpack would be. Then at the end of the abyss, I saw these ledges, and a hole in the hole on top of them. So I jumped into the hole and see where the tunnel went. Inside was an Enforcer, which I shotgunned in the face. Then I ended up in this area where I ended up facing Overlord, but he looked different however. His eyes were glowing red, and his teeth were bloody, which made him look creepy (And being that I saw there was a bloody pile as well, he could have been a zombie). He still fired rockets at me like normal Overlord though. After a while of fighting the creepy Overlord, the walls had crumbled, revealing mini Overlords, who had the same creepy appearance of the big Overlord. After defeating all of them, I ended up in this weird Factory level, which had messed up textures (Like as if it wasn't for Duke 3D). Instead of facing Evil Aliens, I ended up facing human enemies (I'm pretty sure one of them looked like one of the guards from Blake Stone, Although I never played that game before). That's pretty much about it.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options