Duke4.net Forums: Any Duke related dreams? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Duke related dreams?

User is offline   RunningDuke 

I had a few Duke related dreams in past few weeks but completely forgot about them. I only remember an interesting dream where I went to a bathroom that resembled the bathroom from E1L1 Hollywood Holocaust of original Duke3D. And another one where the modding tools for Duke Nukem Forever were released and people made a mod that featured a new gametype called Catch the Chicken, which was similar to Catch the Chicken mod from Quake 3.

Last night I had another Duke3D related dream but I forgot about what was exactly, it was mostly about just playing some user maps.

Had a Duke3D related dream last night where I was playing a recently released user map that featured fighting lots of monsters. I remember there was a room that had 20 doors and all leading to the same room. The catch was stepping through any of the doors, it spawned different monsters in the next room, so stepping through one door spawned just 3 troopers, another door spawned 3 commanders, other 3 mini battlelords and so on.

Later in another part of the map, on some destroyed bridge, it was about fighting full sized Battlelords, Overlords and even Cycloids which were placed above some crashed cars. However they had the same strength as a mini boss (only 1000 points) and they didn't end the episode upon being killed. So they could be easily taken out with the RPG from far away, since they didn't leave their sector.

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: Yesterday, 09:48 AM

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostRunningDuke, on 15 December 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Had a Duke3D related dream last night where I was playing a recently released user map that featured fighting lots of monsters. I remember there was a room that had 20 doors and all leading to the same room. The catch was stepping through any of the doors, it spawned different monsters in the next room, so stepping through one door spawned just 3 troopers, another door spawned 3 commanders, other 3 mini battlelords and so on.

Later in another part of the map, on some destroyed bridge, it was about fighting full sized Battlelords, Overlords and even Cycloids which were placed above some crashed cars. However they had the same strength as a mini boss (only 1000 points) and they didn't end the episode upon being killed. So they could be easily taken out with the RPG from far away, since they didn't leave their sector.

Sounds cool dream. Has that door idea been actually done in any Duke maps yet? If not.. to me it sounds like a unique/innovative idea that would be worth to turn into reality. If not for anything else than to see atleast how well it worked :)

I haven't had any Duke related dreams in quite some time. Lately my dreams have mostly been either something from my life history, or something from my life history and fictional parts in it.

View Postspessu_sb, on 15 December 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Sounds cool dream. Has that door idea been actually done in any Duke maps yet? If not.. to me it sounds like a unique/innovative idea that would be worth to turn into reality. If not for anything else than to see atleast how well it worked :)

Thanks. And I don't think this idea was ever done in any of user maps but I don't think it's possible to tag a door sector to also spawn enemies upon entering that sector. I know a workaround for this is to make a small separate sector in front of doors to trigger the enemies spawning in the next room.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options