Duke4.net Forums: New textures and sounds for Build/Mapster32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New textures and sounds for Build/Mapster32  "How to change the CON files."

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Good evening everyone !

I introduce myself, my name is Francis (aka leninjableu), and I have a simple question. Is it possible to add textures and sounds of the official add-ons in the CON file of the game ? I would like to create my own maps with monsters of "Carribean Life's A Beach" or "Nuclear Winter" for example. the problem is that I do not understand programming CON files. I even have an add-on that you had to know, "BDP - The Gate" with the enemy of the film Predator. Great !

Thanks for your help.

Francis

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

Here is an enemy example, Predator :

Posted Image

Which comes from the add-on "BDP - The Gate"

http://www25.zippysh...kpmMX/file.html

If you have an idea of how to program this enemy, for use in Mapster32.

Please ! Is there anyone on the forum, which would help me to edit these files ?

I've never done any of that, I'm sure somebody could help. But I think you can't change enemies without modding, messing with con files etc. You can add custom textures to a map, though I haven't done that either so I'm not sure of the specifics there. Since enemies involve code and whatnot, messing with enemies would be more complicated than placing custom textures into the list there I think.

Surely there is a way, because I managed to add moving textures in Build (beach water from "Carribean" for example). Any textures add-ons, work for Build. Only monsters, I have not succeeded.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View Postleninjableu, on 05 October 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Surely there is a way, because I managed to add moving textures in Build (beach water from "Carribean" for example). Any textures add-ons, work for Build. Only monsters, I have not succeeded.

I found the problem.

the problem is that I do not understand programming CON files

try reading up on it here http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Confaq42

Thank Drek ! I copied the monsters programming codes in the basic CON file game, and it's not working.

User is offline   Mark 

Usually there is code in a few different con files that are needed for the enemies. I haven't seen how the project is grouped but maybe you grabbed the main con file but there is also code for the monster in GAME.CON, USER.CON or DEFS.CON

Also it might help tracking problems if we can see your log file and the errors that are listed in it.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

I retrieved the Predator codes

USER.CON

//PREDATOR

definesound PREDA_ROAM preroam.voc 0 0 3 0 0
definesound PREDA_RECO prereco.voc 0 0 3 0 0
definesound PREDA_PAIN prehurt.voc 200 500 3 0 0
definesound PREDA_DYING predie.voc 0 400 3 0 0

DEFS.CON

define PREDA_PAIN 128
define PREDA_DYING 129
define PREDA_ROAM 448
define PREDA_RECO 449

PREDATOR.CON (attached custom CON file example)

By copying all in the CON game files, and respecting the lines, it's still not working.

Predator define 4818 PREDATOR and 4819 PREDASTAYPUT

User is offline   Mark 

In GAME.CON or elsewhere did you add the line "include PREDATOR.CON" ( without the quotes )

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

it's still not working

I'm not surprised. CON coding can be tricky. Try to do something easier first, copy-pasta style modding won't get it done 4u.

User is offline   Mark 

Actually copy / paste was part of my learning curve. I would grab a chuck of code and place it where I wanted and read the error messages from the log file when the game crashed. There I learned what stuff might be missing and where to find it. For sure its trial and error but it helped me get the feel for what type of code was needed in different con files to make it work.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostMark., on 05 October 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

In GAME.CON or elsewhere did you add the line "include PREDATOR.CON" ( without the quotes )

I forgot to mention that I had version "Atomic Edition" + add-ons special version for XP by Fellfrosch.

[attachment=9663:Sans titre-2 copie.jpg]

Yes, I copy the codes in GAME.CON Predator, without success. When I wanted to do the same in ATGAME.CON, the game does not start.

User is offline   Lunick 

I haven't seen that pirate version for ages :)

I saw that the GRP file is "Carribean Life's A Beach" there are CON files specific for monsters, as DRAGON.CON.
Although there are CON files only to a monster and be defined this way, why not in the base game ? Perhaps that must recreate from scratch, the three CON files.

User is offline   blizzart 

All CON files you want to run are have to be included in the GAME.con (at the top) or they are absolutely useless.

But instead of getting confused with that outdated pirate version you use, GET A FUCKING LEGAL COPY!!! Either at GOG.com or get Megaton Edition at Steam.

To run and edit/mod the game all you need is the Duke3d.grp and the latest version of EDuke32.

You mean I can not change the CON files, with the pirate version ?

Of course you can, but donĀ“t expect any help here.

As I am very lucky, I did not install "Megaton Edition" setup.exe = aborted ! If I understand well, person Forum (specialized forum in Duke Nukem 3D), is able to help me for programming ?

User is offline   Mark 

Blizzart means that most people here won't help because you are running a pirated version.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postleninjableu, on 06 October 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

If I understand well, person Forum (specialized forum in Duke Nukem 3D), is able to help me for programming ?

No one here is going to teach you or tutor you individually.

You have to learn for yourself, using the resources that have been made.

Start here: http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Confaq42

When you have specific questions, we can answer them for you.

Ok ! I found the pack "Megaton Edition" and when I want to run the setup.exe, this message appears.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Who do you think you're fooling? Megaton doesn't even have a setup.exe.

View Postleninjableu, on 06 October 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

Ok ! I found the pack "Megaton Edition" and when I want to run the setup.exe, this message appears.

You can purchase Megaton Edition on Steam: http://store.steampo...com/app/225140/ and install it from there.
With the duke3d.grp installed you can use EDuke32, which is a port for modern systems on the one hand and on the other comes along with new rendering modes, and gives you new opportunities in modding. EDuke32 is free and comes with a powerful map editor called Mapster 32.

You can get the latest version here: http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/

Also, there is a Polymer High Resolution Pack, which brings you hires-textures with shaders and models.

So, enough homework to do for you. :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I don't even.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Here's an idea:

STOP TRYING TO STEAL.

Thank you for your answers, but you can according things in a less brutal way. If you think it's obvious to me, well it is not. I am new in the new version of the game, and I played for a long time to my "pirated version" Start again at the beginning ! I installed "Megaton Edition" from these files (picture "0")

[attachment=9667:00.jpg]

And now the final installation (pictures "1-3")

[attachment=9668:01.jpg]
[attachment=9669:02.jpg]
[attachment=9670:03.jpg]

Do you like it ? Same files, same folders ? And eDuke32 (version 20151003-5375), I place in what folder ?

View Postleninjableu, on 07 October 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

Thank you for your answers, but you can according things in a less brutal way. If you think it's obvious to me, well it is not. I am new in the new version of the game, and I played for a long time to my "pirated version" Start again at the beginning ! I installed "Megaton Edition" from these files (picture "0")

Attachment 00.jpg

And now the final installation (pictures "1-3")

Attachment 01.jpg
Attachment 02.jpg
Attachment 03.jpg

Do you like it ? Same files, same folders ? And eDuke32 (version 20151003-5375), I place in what folder ?

Are you kidding? Since when does a Steam game has a setup file?

Buy the game instead of replacing your pirated DN3D version with a pirated version of Megaton Edition.

This post has been edited by blizzart: 07 October 2015 - 03:01 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postleninjableu, on 07 October 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

You're not going to get help from anyone here with pirating something which you can very easily get from either gog.com or steam.

Here is the Megaton Edition on the STEAM page
http://store.steampo...com/app/225140/

Here is the GOG page
http://www.gog.com/g..._atomic_edition

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options