Duke4.net Forums: Some bugs I found - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some bugs I found

User is offline   FistMarine 

Found a new bug sometime ago and I got reminded of it recently: When you save first time on an empty slot, it shows the correct screenshot. However should you overwrite your save, it will still show up the old picture during overwriting save. The same thing happens when you save next time, first it shows the correct picture but when it asks you to overwrite and during saving, it will still show the initial picture where you saved first time on that slot.

User is offline   Paul B 

I was mapping today in an under water sector tag 2 area when Mapster crashed. Thought nothing of it and went back in only to have the same crash occur again. Please see the attached crash log. This was using synthesis build: 20161204-5948

Thanks!

Updated: I will add that I am using the Polymer renderer in Mapster coupled with TROR when this problem occurs.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 31 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

Another oddity I've noticed. Please see the attached screenshot. What you are seeing here is Duke looking into a TROR transparent extended sector where the tilesart is showing a sky floor tile and not the real floor tileart. If you enter the TROR extended sector the problem corrects itself and displays the proper tile. The sector that shows the sky tile that sector floor is slightly sloped. I hope that helps. Again synthesis (20161204-5948)

**** UPDATED **** Okay I have had time to spend with this dark map sector and corrected the problem. I believe the problem is slightly similar to my post below (copying and pasting of sectors). In that sectors did not properly join the correct Z axis verticies which resulting in partial TROR. While the sectors were visible and connected at the wall level the floor/ceiling weren't connected. So I broke the TROR sectors in question and rejoined them again until they worked. The sky tile was the by-product of a broken TROR extension. Just to complicate matters, I was using a blockable transparent floors, with S.E transports and it made it difficult to identify what the Hell was going on, along with the sectors being way too damn dark. lol

In any case, I believe there are still problems with verticies and walls not properly associating and in some situations I end up with what looks like a 2D grid masked thin red wall when in fact a white wall in the lower extended sector is actually somehow extending out of the lower extended sector and continuing into the sector above or vice versa. The only way I know how to fix this is to delete the offending sector and reattach it by joining it back to the broken extended sector again.

Any suggestions on why this might be happening?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Paralax floor.png

This post has been edited by Paul B: 03 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

Also, when I copy and paste a sector into or along side an existing sector making sure all the white wall verticies are present in the destination sector before I paste, this should allow the copied white walls to become red walls after the paste. However, the pasted sector verticies do not seem to properly attach themselves to the destination verticies resulting in sectors not joining together properly and this leads to strange mapping problems where red walls can extend into invalid player space after the copied sector has been placed.

Tested the above three problems with synthesis: 20161225-5974 using Mapster32 or Mapster32 Debug and I experience the same symptoms as mentioned in my above 3 posts.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 02 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 October 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

I haven't forgotten about the chaingun bug.

Do the latest builds still have the red fog of war?

Sorry Hendricks just now noticed your reply. I can confirm on my end that Black is Black. No redish fog of war any longer. This will help identify the new color scheme changes. Thank you for looking into this.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 02 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPaul B, on 02 January 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

Sorry Hendricks just now noticed your reply. I can confirm on my end that Black is Black. No redish fog of war any longer. This will help identify the new color scheme changes. Thank you for looking into this.

If I had to guess any change that would have fixed this regression, it would be one made by TX. :lol: I'm glad it's fixed.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRunningDuke, on 10 June 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Alright, I've got some free time and I can reproduce the chaingun bug again. Here's how to do it step by step:
1) Get a chaingun, preferably with a console command or make a small map that contains only a chaingun
2) Fire until you have few bullets left (3 for example, to be as close to 1 as possible)
3) Now fire a single bullet at a time until you will empty the ammo.
4) Chaingun will remain in hand.

Attachment duke0000.png

The bug doesn't seem to happen when holding down the fire button, it will autoswitch normally. It seems the bug only works when you fire a bullet at a time.

Fixed in r6480.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options