Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

Also, is the User Map option going to be added?.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

The broken secret (This secret is bugged at the time of recording, confirmed by the author. The Triforce sign is a switch that opens the computer behind) :

https://youtu.be/EiXVyYMrW9k?t=541

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 01 September 2019 - 12:38 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postgemeaux333, on 01 September 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

The broken secret (This secret is bugged at the time of recording, confirmed by the author. The Triforce sign is a switch that opens the computer behind) :

https://youtu.be/EiXVyYMrW9k?t=541

We (testers and I) tested 100% completion before release for this zone, but this slipped in I think due to a last minute code bug. The invisible switch was on the same placement as the sign, against the wall; but in-game in v1.00 ended up being moved outside the map's boundaries despite always working as intended before. I "fixed" this for the upcoming v1.01 by moving the invisible switch 1 unit away from the wall.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 02 September 2019 - 01:02 AM

User is offline   ReaperAA 

View PostZaxx, on 28 August 2019 - 01:15 AM, said:

How is this supposed to work btw?

In both of my playthroughs it took around 20 tries to get in there and I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I was initially having issue with this as well. But I eventually got the hang of it. What u have to do is get on top of the fan as soon as u power the generator (do not wait for the fan to reach top speed).
Stay on the fan till u reach peak height (or near peak height), then try to cross the window. You were trying to move towards the window too quickly.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Just recently I had the time to start playing the game, and omg it's wonderful, it has a flawless progression that forces you to play strategically without rushing through levels, the only two things that bothers me a bit are those fucking drones and the annoying spiders, well I think every game has that annoying enemy everyone hates.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 02 September 2019 - 08:32 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Et au fait MetHy, je ne sais pas si tu es impliqué dans la traduction française du jeu... est-ce que ce serait possible de l'être (gratuitement ça va sans dire) ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 02 September 2019 - 09:58 AM

View PostForge, on 29 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

this began happening after an update and all my save files reset my stats to zero & started at the beginning of the level instead of where I saved

On steam there is an option where you can disable all the automatic updates for a single game.
Or take the game out of the steam folder and then use eduke32 to launch the game.

This post has been edited by One Man Army: 02 September 2019 - 12:11 PM

Yesterday I finished the game and it was awesome. I've been taking my sweet time with it since release and found 56% of all the secrets. I am waiting for the patch to release so I can give it another run on ultra viscera.
One question though, I've read that the 60 dollars big box will contain a 60 page making-of booklet. Last year I've purchased the founders edition and I am wondering if that will also include the booklet? It would be nice to complete the collection.
Nevertheless, thanks for this kick ass game and I hope we will see more content in the near future.

User is offline   Jim 

I used leoD's eduke32 to play ion fury, and right when heskel died, the game crashed with error msg too many sprite spawns. This is only on Wonton carnage, looks like the sprite limit needs to be increased.

User is offline   Jim 

Saved game when this happened attached

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Master O 

It sounds like it's a good idea to wait a few months first before playing Ion Maiden, with the bugs that people are reporting.

View Postthemaniacboy, on 03 September 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

Yesterday I finished the game and it was awesome. I've been taking my sweet time with it since release and found 56% of all the secrets. I am waiting for the patch to release so I can give it another run on ultra viscera.
One question though, I've read that the 60 dollars big box will contain a 60 page making-of booklet. Last year I've purchased the founders edition and I am wondering if that will also include the booklet? It would be nice to complete the collection.
Nevertheless, thanks for this kick ass game and I hope we will see more content in the near future.

the founders edition doesn't have the book

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Whoever added the references to Big Bill Hell's and Hardware, I love you. I truly, passionately, deeply love you.

You even made my girlfriend squeal when I showed her the Hardware bit. Hey buddy, only I'm allowed to do that.

This post has been edited by Jim Rockford: 05 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Jimmy will tolerate it once but y'all are gonna get him mad if you make his girlfriend squeal again.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Hdoom Wanted the hardware helmet. When we couldn't find a place to put it I decided to make the apartment :( it's probably the last room made for the game. IIRC.

Hdoom
Hardware helmet?

You're making me nervous :(

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostMaster O, on 05 September 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

It sounds like it's a good idea to wait a few months first before playing Ion Maiden, with the bugs that people are reporting.

Most (if not all major) of these were actually fixed in the first few days/week, but it's still pending for the first patch. Beta is on steam tho.

Fun fact: 7_2 crash is caused by off-map text that documents how the map effect works. Each letter is a sprite and there was too much text off-map.

User is offline   Jim 

Could that "too many sprite spawned" bug be because I didn't kill a lot of enemies? I focused on killing heskel in the dome and left a lot of his minions alive

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostJim, on 06 September 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Could that "too many sprite spawned" bug be because I didn't kill a lot of enemies? I focused on killing heskel in the dome and left a lot of his minions alive

Yes, but also because the game spawns SHOTSPARK sprites and never despawns those due to a coding error.
It's a combination really.

User is offline   Jim 

View Postoasiz, on 06 September 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Yes, but also because the game spawns SHOTSPARK sprites and never despawns those due to a coding error.
It's a combination really.

well, I went into God mode and killed all enemies, and the bug still happened. so seems to be caused by heskel exploding.

User is offline   the_raven 

Well how do ya like that? I've reached the final battle against Haskel, and the game started lagging on me because of all the npcs appearing in the same room. Now I can't finish the game until I get a better graphics or memory card. :(

User is offline   VGA 

It is probably a CPU issue. Which CPU do you have?

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

If you have the game on Steam please try the beta branch.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostJim, on 06 September 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

well, I went into God mode and killed all enemies, and the bug still happened. so seems to be caused by heskel exploding.

Yeah, the explosions push the global map sprite count beyond the tipping point.

User is offline   Jim 

So should it be fixed on the eduke side or Ion fury side?

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

fury side

User is offline   Sanek 

Ion Fury Big Box News!

https://steamcommuni...774139441121875

Yeah kinda sucks us $60 box bros have to wait a bit longer, but it's nice to know the boxes are coming

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostSanek, on 09 September 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

That's an great example of what goes wrong with the new 3D Realms? Where is this news on the Ion Fury and the 3D Realms websites? Why posting that on Steam, when you certainly have to go to the Ion Fury website to actually buy this box?

Really? Whoever is in charge of these websites should start to do his fucking job.

I'm really having seconds thoughts on getting the big box edition. The shipment alone costs 25 dollars to be shipped to my third world shithole. That's the same asking price for the digital edition of the game alone. I can use a courier service to ship it to a US locker and then have it brought here for much cheaper, but I don't know... I'm still considering it.

This post has been edited by Putrid Pete: 10 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options