• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Hank 

^ you can get the Big Box right now see link below
http://www.ionfury.com/

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Thank you! I was looking for a more simple physical edition (game and manual only), but if the Big Box is the only option, I will consider buying it. :(

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This is the stuff I don't get when it comes to spiders:

Now, this does nothing to the gameplay apart from blocking off your progression because you just have to back off and wait.

Also: I have to admit that I started to mockingly call the second half of Zone 4 "The Blind Man Levels" (based on The Master Levels for Doom). :( Yeah, it has some enemy visibility issues.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 29 August 2019 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

A reference to Terminator: Future Shock / Skynet :

https://youtu.be/JHtP2UySN9A?t=696

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 29 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Zaxx, on 29 August 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

This is the stuff I don't get when it comes to spiders:

Now, this does nothing to the gameplay apart from blocking off your progression because you just have to back off and wait.

Also: I have to admit that I started to mockingly call the second half of Zone 4 "The Blind Man Levels" (based on The Master Levels for Doom). :( Yeah, it has some enemy visibility issues.

Why not use a bomb or something instead of delaying their death for so long?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

i've been having issues with the pistol not locking on to enemies & bowling bombs bouncing off walls and ending up static without going after enemies.
this began happening after an update and all my save files reset my stats to zero & started at the beginning of the level instead of where I saved

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

User is offline   Forge 

And it just did it again!
all my progress lost, all my saves reset.

so basically if I want to play this game I have to play entire areas in one sitting and not give a shit about kills or secrets.

The latter, I can live with. It'd be nice to know how many secrets and kills I got at the end, but it's not essential. The losing all my progress and unable to save is not pleasant. I like to take my time and poke around. I don't want to be forced to rush through an entire area in one sitting without being able to fully explore it, and look at the details and references.

I like the game itself, but this progress loss is a buzzkill.
I haven't even played the first boss yet. I keep restarting thinking, "This time it won't delete all my progress." just to have it wipe everything clean once again.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Have you tried the beta that's on Steam? That one fixed the issue I was having with chapters not unlocking so maybe it's worth a shot.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Mblackwell, on 29 August 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Why not use a bomb or something instead of delaying their death for so long?

My success rate with bowling bombs against a group of spiders is fairly low sadly: usually it doesn't get all of them (and then you've wasted a bomb basically) or the alt fire doesn't hit and detonates too late. If they stay together then it can work though so it really depends on the situation.

User is offline   Forge 

Zaxx, on 29 August 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

Have you tried the beta that's on Steam? That one fixed the issue I was having with chapters not unlocking so maybe it's worth a shot.

I tried. Same problem. Thanks though.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Hey, Icarus covered the full game too (sorry if it was linked already, I looked back a bit and didn't spot it):

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Fix these please

I want one Build game where my shots always land where they should, just one. :(

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 30 August 2019 - 12:04 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Zaxx, on 30 August 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Fix these please

i shut off auto aim because of the crossbow, but then the loverboy won't lock on to an enemy with alt-fire & bowling bombs don't "chase" enemies. they just bounce off walls then go static. Simply sit there until they're picked up.

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 August 2019 - 06:14 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Since my issue of save data loss, or frequency of the occurrence, seems to be isolated to me, I wonder if disabling synchronizing with the steam cloud would resolve my unique problem

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 August 2019 - 09:01 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Forge, on 30 August 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Since my issue of save data loss, or frequency of the occurrence, seems to be isolated to me, I wonder if disabling synchronizing with the steam cloud would resolve my unique problem
Do you fiddle with CON files? EDuke32/Fury no longer accepts esv files when CONs have changed since saving.

User is offline   Forge 

LeoD, on 30 August 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

Do you fiddle with CON files? EDuke32/Fury no longer accepts esv files when CONs have changed since saving.

nope.
Stock game. No mapster or mod additions either.
The only thing I did was delete all the esv files directly from the folder in hopes of resolving the issue. But that's a post-issue action.
I haven't messed with the way the game saves.
I don't use the hotkeys for saving & loading, I escape & use the menu.
I do manually delete autosaves from the save game screen when I make my own save.

I am finding a commonality with when the issue occurs. Everything seems fine, until I make a save in the cultural division area.
When I get to that location I usually have 4 manual save points & that's it.
Doesn't matter if I save at the start of CD, the middle, the end. It resets all my save data up to that point, including all my other save files.

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

User is offline   Forge 

maybe it has something to do with the name of the game directory?

after the game updated to full the folder is still labeled C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ion Maiden

It won't let me change it without throwing a fit.
I'm about to uninstall - re-install because I can't get past the fourth area and properly save.

Been an enlightening experience.
I've mentioned this issue a few times since the 24th and the devs have nothing to say.
Not expecting a magic wand, but a, "try this, or try that" would have been comforting.

To those that actually did offer advice, thank you for at least making suggestions.

(*disclaimer - the steam version was a gift, the drm-free version is what i actually purchased from 3dr, so maybe I should install it and just stick with that)

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 August 2019 - 10:11 AM

Here's a quick HUD mod I made
A Tails Gets Trolled Shadow HUD mod
https://gamebanana.com/guis/34890
Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Forge, on 30 August 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

maybe it has something to do with the name of the game directory?

after the game updated to full the folder is still labeled C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ion Maiden

It won't let me change it without throwing a fit.
I'm about to uninstall - re-install because I can't get past the fourth area and properly save.

Been an enlightening experience.
I've mentioned this issue a few times since the 24th and the devs have nothing to say.
Not expecting a magic wand, but a, "try this, or try that" would have been comforting.

To those that actually did offer advice, thank you for at least making suggestions.

(*disclaimer - the steam version was a gift, the drm-free version is what i actually purchased from 3dr, so maybe I should install it and just stick with that)

It's more that we don't have any good answers for this behavior. It's another case of "worksforme" but that doesn't help anyone :(
I would just try reinstalling it outright, remove the whole folder manually, try changing steam download region, nuke the related files in %appdata%.

Folder should definitely be Ion Fury.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I had the preview campaign installed when the full game came out and my game directory stayed "Ion Maiden" too. Since then I reinstalled so that it would be "Ion Fury" but it was only to be cautious and I have experienced no issues with saves.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

t800, on 28 August 2019 - 02:27 AM, said:

Only other mention of him in game I could find was this small picture from locker.

There is also another painting with a Masticon face on it.

User is offline   Forge 

Zaxx, on 31 August 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

I had the preview campaign installed when the full game came out and my game directory stayed "Ion Maiden" too. Since then I reinstalled so that it would be "Ion Fury" but it was only to be cautious and I have experienced no issues with saves.

I have the game saves being sent to the steam cloud. I could replicate my issue by deleting the saves off the hard drive, then launching the game. The residual saves from the steam cloud behaved exactly like what my problem with data loss is doing.
The data on the hard drive and the data on the cloud keep falling out of sync after so much time and/or data is reached.
The options are to turn off syncing, or uninstall the game & reinstall it so it has the appropriate folder name.
The latter choice would probably serve my best interests in the long run.
I'm not hurting for hard drive space, so I can do both, if necessary.

side note: the User %Appdata% Roaming folder. I had two. One for the preview campaign, which retained the Ion Maiden name, & a new one named Ion Fury that was created when the game updated to full.
(it was using the Ion Fury designated one - that's where all the saves & screenshots went)

edit 2: Uninstalled & re-installed. Results initially look promising. After scrubbing everything off the hard drive, the cloud still retained all the save data and repopulated my User folder.

This post has been edited by Forge: 31 August 2019 - 06:10 AM

User is offline   Master O 

Question for the Ion Fury devs:

What's next for Ion Fury, then? Multi-player?

User is offline   Wild Dog 

So today i was playing Hazard Disposal the second part, when i was to able. The game prompt told me that i was missing 8 secrets in this area. So i did a back track to parting procedure, but instead of using the elevator, i used the original entry point to that map. To my surprise all the enemies and levers were reseted, i tried to went back to hazard disposal and they were reseted too.
Is this a known bug?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

The same thing happened to me there so guess it is a known bug if it's that frequent.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 31 August 2019 - 10:33 AM

And what about the broken secret in the last chapter (before Heskel's Hideout) ?

User is offline   Wild Dog 

gemeaux333, on 31 August 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

And what about the broken secret in the last chapter (before Heskel's Hideout) ?

It's in the same map, where the reset bug happened.

Just a suggestion but, at the end game screen, the one that shows the total percentage of secrets and kills for that playthrough, could the total time be added there?, i know the game already saves the time between map loads in a chapter and shows it at the end of it, so it may be possible?.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 31 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

that sounds like a good idea

And what about adding a bestiary to the game (name, picture, description for each foe) ?

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options