• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is online   Phredreeke 

View PostOne Man Army, on 18 August 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

And let's talk about presentation the other build engine games duke, blood and SW have those CGI cut scenes, Ion Fury just a slideshow with voiceover. The developers had the time to make voxels but they couldn't fit it into their schedules to make cinematics?

The voxels were made by fgsfds. They had no impact on the development of the rest of the game.

Making passable CGI cutscenes would have taken a ton of work.

Just beat the game and I'm now playing with the editor :dukecigar:

User is offline   SonicB00M 

So ResetEra members are now noclipping through maps in search of hateful content. They found this: http://imgur.com/JP5St7A

I believe there is a simple explanation for that but it certainly adds fuel to the dumpster fire.

Ok, that sort of obsessiveness to find offensive content is kinda funny

User is offline   Anacronox 

Well to be expected from mighty warriors of justice who think that trans(cendent}human = transgender. Funny is one word for it yeah. What a time to be alive. Enjoying the game btw. Though last lvl of difficulty almost made me rage-quite haha. Must be getting old. Great stuff! =)

This post has been edited by Anacronox: 19 August 2019 - 04:03 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostSonicB00M, on 19 August 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

So ResetEra members are now noclipping through maps in search of hateful content. They found this: http://imgur.com/JP5St7A

I believe there is a simple explanation for that but it certainly adds fuel to the dumpster fire.

I can’t read that due to jpeg artefacts. What does it say?

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostMicky C, on 18 August 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

Demos aren't quite as important as they used to be since it's so easy to watch gameplay on the internet. That simply wasn't an option back in the day. There is a difference between watching a game and playing it, but my point is that it's much easier to figure out if you'd like a game without having to play it then it was back in the 90's.

But a demo is a small game in itself (well, when it is done right). It's a little treat that makes you want more and is nice on its own. Watching someone else play on the other hand might have the adverse effect: it significantly diminishes the novelty factor and may result in the viewer postponing the purchase/playing.

Personally I try not to watch videos of games that I'd want to play myself sometime, unless it's very small bits to get the idea of what's going on, or if I'm undecided whether I like it or not.

User is offline   KareBear 

I'm really enjoying the game so far,well worth the wait.

I'm wondering are their any plans to add more voxel's in future updates?

The voxel creator for Ion Fury is working on additional voxels and may release them as an unofficial pack: https://mobile.twitt...562351658831872

Is making voxel's a rare talent?
Can anyone learn the make voxel's or is it really hard?
The software that makes the voxel's can it be downloaded for free now?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostSonicB00M, on 19 August 2019 - 05:39 AM, said:

The voxel creator for Ion Fury is working on additional voxels and may release them as an unofficial pack: https://mobile.twitt...562351658831872

That one alone gives so much more depth and quality to the sprite. You usually can barely see what the enemy is all about ingame, but I am sure like this it's much easier.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's pretty awesome. Does kind of take away a little bit from all the hard work the artists did though in a way. Thise sprites are awesome.

View PostNewken, on 17 August 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

I'm gravely disappointed...

Spoiler

Needs a Redneck Rampage logo too!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View Postoasiz, on 17 August 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

Let's keep the discussion out of here IMO and focus on the game stuffs

Damn, i won't be able to buy this game until october/ november, being poor sucks :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

A kind soul gifted me the game. Kristian, you're the best. Seriously, Thanks.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

IF got a rather poor rating of only 62% over at the German gaming mag GameStar. This must be one, if not THE lowest rating I have seen for the game until now. Their main criticisms were "outdated graphics", "abysmally bad enemy AI", "levelbosses partially too strong" and "barely any replayability value". I can't say I agree on any of these "shortcomings", and to me it seems the review was done by someone who didn't really grow up with shooters or is at least not that familiar with Build games, otherwise he would have appreciated the enhancements to the original engine features a lot more, I think.

Anyway, the honor of German PC gaming journalism has been saved by 4Players.de who gave the game 87%, which is a lot closer to what the title actually deserves.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 19 August 2019 - 11:35 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostNightFright, on 19 August 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

IF got a rather poor rating of only 62% over at the German gaming mag GameStar. This must be one, if not THE lowest rating I have seen for the game until now. Their main criticisms were "outdated graphics", "abysmally bad enemy AI", "levelbosses partially too strong" and "barely any replayability value".

They'd rate Schindler's List quite low as it doesn't have any caped superheroes or dinosaurs.

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm kinda late to the party, but I actually played the game since it's release, just didn't post about it because I was so pissed off at duke4.

I only completed the first two stages (and I restarted it becasue the third difficulty level turned out to be too high for me smh), but I already can say that the whole game is a monumental, lifetime achievement for everybody involved in the development (not the publishing lol).

The first area looks like heavily inspired by the Arsia Mons Colony from AMC TC, but mostly the game follows design choises of the first EA level (aka bonus level now). So much new things and textures introduced that I spend more time admiring architechture and all the cool stuff than actually trying to finish the level. I have some criticisms about the game but I'll better complete it in it's entirety so I can see the full picture.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Are you fucking serious!?!
https://www.oneangry...h-policy/91195/

There goes any respect I had for Voidpoint and what little I had left for 3D Realms.

Never buying anything from either company again.

One Angry Gamer is just as bad as the other side. Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

User is offline   xMobilemux 

OAG is just as bad sometimes yes, but you can't tell me they aren't right on the money in this case.

Voidpoint and 3D Realms are fucking pathetic, not only censoring the game, but donating $10000 to appease the hateful fucks, that sets a VERY dangerous precedent, never have I felt so much regret and disgust buying direct from their website.

Shit, even Lunick has apparently lost his marbles, stating he hates gamers and is going on a banning and deleting spree over on Steam.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 20 August 2019 - 01:49 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Fucking hell, lol. I wish I would've stayed off the forum honestly. Just came to give my two cents about the game, which is mostly great. Now I have a bad taste in my mouth. What an Orwellian nightmare we're living in.

User is offline   t800 

I know I will be hypocrite now after what I said. But this is just too much for me. Cant we really have nice things anymore? This whole thing reeks so much of toxicity and anger. I hope it wont break spirit of community. It would be really ironic after all that was achieved. Hell, how much bad luck one can get? Firstly cancelled Betas, than Hail to King, now this. I feel sorry for you guys and community as whole. :dukecigar:
But one thing is sure, after all that has been done censorship really isnt helping things at all...
BTW I am not angry at you, I know that you are now part of corporate culture, so you have to cooperate. I am just disappointed and feel this will just make things worse.

This post has been edited by t800: 20 August 2019 - 02:35 AM

Those who want it can easily mod the old sprite back.

User is offline   t800 

Haha. No. That was not point of my post. But thanks for lightening up my mood.
I am worrying about health and relationships of this community, awful precedenses this poses for studio and diminishing sales.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

What the actual fuck?!

View PostxMobilemux, on 20 August 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

OAG is just as bad sometimes yes, but you can't tell me they aren't right on the money in this case.

Voidpoint and 3D Realms are fucking pathetic, not only censoring the game, but donating $10000 to appease the hateful fucks, that sets a VERY dangerous precedent, never have I felt so much regret and disgust buying direct from their website.

Shit, even Lunick has apparently lost his marbles, stating he hates gamers and is going on a banning and deleting spree over on Steam.

While I'm disappointed at Lunick's reaction, I mostly blame 3D Realms, as I feel this has their fingerprints all over it. As soon as I saw there was some "controversy," and where it was coming from, I felt certain that 3DR would give in. I didn't think they'd offer an unconditional surrender that would make even the French blush.

There were two proper ways to deal with this. First is to just shut up and let it pass, as we've seen these things quickly do when there's no reply. They could have even quietly patched things out of the game without commenting on it. Second option is to actually stand up and release a statement saying that they might not agree with everything the devs said and did, but that ultimately have a right to free speech/expression, and leave it at that. That would have actually resulted in an explosion of sales, but people rarely have the backbone to do that. I guess expecting Europeans to go to bat for freedom of speech is an absurd expectation these days, but I guess that's a different discussion.

Anyway. I feel really bad for the VoidPoint guys who put in so much work on this game, only to have their moment of triumph shit on by the culture war. Ultimately, this is why I've been getting out of video games. It isn't fun anymore. I've been thinking about getting rid of my consoles, and I think all this has made the choice for me. The time and money I used to spend on games mostly goes into motorcycles now. I find I get much more enjoyment out of that, and it's a hobby that tends to reaffirm individuality, rather than browbeating you to join the hivemind.

If Fred sees this, I'd just like you to know that I bought Bombshell twice at full price (Steam and GOG), and twice on sale on Steam, giving away those keys. I would have bought Ion Fury on GOG, and likely on Playstation, as well, but now I will not be. I don't think I'm the only one. Congratulations on shooting yourself in the foot once again.

This post has been edited by cosmonautcowboy: 20 August 2019 - 03:21 AM

Keep in mind that 3D Realms and Voidpoint did exactly what seemed right for their product. Going out and proudly shouting 'we support our devs' would have caused more controversy. 3DR and Voidpoint did the right thing and attacked the issue before it could've grown bigger. The headlines from big gaming websites now are 'Voidpoint and 3D Realms are donating 10,000$ to charity' and that in the end is the right move when you want to sell a product. It is not their job to participate in a political war but try their best to succeed in this climate. Now the consumer chooses how they will respond to that.

User is offline   Anacronox 

Hm i guess i better keep my initial gog version, all future patches be damned. Ty for head ups. Bloody hell, Stop the Earth, i want to get off. :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Anacronox: 20 August 2019 - 03:44 AM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options