User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Holding exactly what out?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

His Floppy... disks.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

My drive is totally in a solid state right now.

OHHH!!!!!

User is offline   X-Vector 

Moobs of steel.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostReaperMan, on 29 October 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I hope it comes on 3.5 inch Floppy Disks.

I can't wait to play it online through Ten on my 28k dialup.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Sign me up for the Vectrex version (boxed of course, with cartridge and multi-colour overlay).

• Glory To Motherland!

Old man!

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 29 October 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

At the risk of sounding completely juvenile, fixed that for you.
LOL!
Unfortunately, no... not right now. :)

View PostDaedolon, on 30 October 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

Holding exactly what out?

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 30 October 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

His Floppy... disks.
I am pretty excited about this, so no holding it out necessary. Seems the floppys have been swapped for a hard disk. :)

View PostCommando Nukem, on 30 October 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

My drive is totally in a solid state right now.

OHHH!!!!!
LOL! Excellent... :P

MrBlackCat

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 29 October 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

At the risk of sounding completely juvenile, fixed that for you.

Congratulations, you're hired for a position on the newspaper agency.

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostLkMax, on 30 October 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

Congratulations, you're hired for a position on the newspaper agency.

Natural-born journalist.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 07:19 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Soooooo..... anybody know when we can get a first glimpse at this game? :)

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostHulkNukem, on 31 October 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHulkNukem, on 31 October 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Beautiful screenshot on Twitter.

Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Fuck me that is looking good!

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 November 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

Beautiful screenshot on Twitter.

Posted Image

You can get the fully quality screenshot if you add :orig on the end of the picture like so https://pbs.twimg.co...AEjWbh.jpg:orig

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Or here: https://i.imgur.com/XdLcSGP.png

User is offline   NNC 

This will be a beautiful game, no doubt. The waiting will be painful.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostLunick, on 19 November 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

You can get the fully quality screenshot if you add :orig on the end of the picture like so https://pbs.twimg.co...AEjWbh.jpg:orig

It wouldn't embed that way, though.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Damn, you guys are making me depressed on account of it not being out already.

Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

That is most definitely a Davox map (I'm sure we all guessed he was part of this already).
Lot's of small detailing.

Dare I say I was hoping you guys would use ressources the way something like the factory map in RR Ride's Again did: combining the different means at your disposal to go over the limits of the engine; rather than using ressources for insane detailing. Then again, with the extended limits, maybe you're doing both.

Another thing that scares me is the lack of interactivity that usually goes hand in hand with highly detailed map. I hope you surprise me in that regard as well.

Don't get me wrong though, this looks very good, and there is a lot of things one can't know from a screenshot so maybe it's just that we can't see that yet.

I really like the lettering of the HUD, those golden numbers look great. Also nice texture work, they fit well together.

Those red things on the ground are corpses? I can't really make it out from this angle. Looks like there is something (someone?) hidden behind the last transparent screen but I can't make it out either.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 20 November 2016 - 01:56 AM

• Honored Donor

I did think it was a Davox work (the walls on the right side look just like those in his Stadium level in the DNF 2013 DLC), but when I've asked if he's working on it in the mast people seemed to imply otherwise. Maybe I was just mis-interpreting the vagueness.

The thing about the RR level design is that it's a very unique style specific to Xatrix. It's probably best that the mappers stick to what they know best, in order to pump out high quality maps in a moderate amount of time.

On interactivity, don't forget that it's only really associated with Build games as opposed to 90's games in general. It'll depend on what Bombshell is actually aiming for. Having said that, at the very least the majority of sprites should be destructible; something that's very easy to do if you just make a set of generic scrap pieces. Did you have anything in mind beyond that?

User is offline   FistMarine 

This looks amazing! I'm looking forward to play the prequel. Any estimated time when it will be released? :mellow:

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I like interactivity.

• Honored Donor

View PostTerminX, on 20 November 2016 - 03:24 AM, said:

I like interactivity.

Oh uh, sounds like it's going to be Duke 3D x1000 then change to the Quake engine Posted Image

Boy I'm excited. Like you've said a few times TX there's something to be said about using the genuine tech to create commercial a 90's style FPS, and I doubt that anyone is more familiar with the intricate workings of a true 90's engine than Voidpoint with Build. Can't wait to see what you're cooking up.

Then again I wonder how Ken Silverman compares to you guys in terms of knowing eduke32's workings after all these years of enhancement.

User is offline   NNC 

Out of DavoX Duke3d work, I like Born to be wild (DNF2013 DLC 2nd level) the most. It's a really entertaining ride. I'm not sure what to think about his other maps... they look too noisy to me, and usually too difficult (that Buenos Aires map is something I didn't even tried without cheating after one minute). But still looking forward.

Also hope that Gambini and Mikko get job in this project, if for nothing else, but the quality of their DNF2013 mod.

• Honored Donor

That'll depend on their real life jobs and other commitments. This wouldn't be something you work on 2 hours a week, it'd need a serious time investment to bring the maps up to a professional commercial standard.

IIRC Davox is a professional level designer so it'd be quite easy to bring him on full time.

I'm also guessing Fox is involved to some degree with art?

User is offline   Sanek 

Oh my, this looks really great! Can't wait to play it.

View PostMicky C, on 20 November 2016 - 02:24 AM, said:

On interactivity, don't forget that it's only really associated with Build games as opposed to 90's games in general. It'll depend on what Bombshell is actually aiming for. Having said that, at the very least the majority of sprites should be destructible; something that's very easy to do if you just make a set of generic scrap pieces. Did you have anything in mind beyond that?

In depends on what type of gameplay Bombshell will have. They can either make an old-school game with a retro-flavor and gameplay, which will be less linear and have more interactivity, or they can make a game with a modern-type gameplay, with Build engine being the only thing that distinguish it from the mass.

This game is of interest for sure. I don't notice things like most of you guys, but that does look really good even compared to the new World Tour stuff. (which we got on disk for when we get a PS4) Neither of us got Bombshell but I watched a lot of video. It looked ok, and fun, just not my type of game really. I just played DooM II (comes with DooM 3, XBox) yesterday, and then Duke Nukem Nuclear Winter (cause its winter here now basically). So I am ready for something like this. :mellow:
I don't really follow this thread, but there is no release time yet is there?

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 20 November 2016 - 07:44 AM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options