• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, with no lighting. Unless the renderer was higher than 8-bit but somehow still using indexed colours. I guess it's not really compatible.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Now that I looked at MusicallyInspired, I wonder what composer is going to work on the soundtrack. Would be neat if it's Lee Jackson.

• The Sarien Encounter

I actually asked, I was quite interested in the prospect myself. But they weren't interested.

"They" being Interceptor, not Voidpoint and co. My guess is Hulshult.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 November 2016 - 10:41 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

We're aiming for something a bit different from Hulshult's style, so we didn't use him.

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh. Well whoever it is I can't wait to hear it!

User is offline   Loke 

I hope it's the dude who made the soundtrack to Extreme Paintbrawl.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostTerminX, on 23 November 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

We're aiming for something a bit different from Hulshult's style, so we didn't use him.

Could it be Lee Jackson? :mellow:

For the rest of the thread, Voidpoint mentioned on Twitter they're aiming to release in "half a year or so."

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 23 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

• el fundador

It's not Lee Jackson, though that would be pretty awesome! We tapped the European C64/Amiga demo scene and found a guy who has been making mod tracker music for about 20 years. This is why EDuke32 now supports module music.

• The Sarien Encounter

Really looking forward to that! I love MODs!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTerminX, on 23 November 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

It's not Lee Jackson, though that would be pretty awesome! We tapped the European C64/Amiga demo scene and found a guy who has been making mod tracker music for about 20 years. This is why EDuke32 now supports module music.

The commercial projects such as this, and HTTKC are the best things to ever happen to eduke32. So many features (a few large, but mostly small albeit in large quantity) have been added on account of them. Plus it doesn't hurt for the devs to see some monetary return on the years of investment they've put in.

Now we just need a commercial project requiring modern graphics and multiplayer :mellow:

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostMicky C, on 23 November 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

multiplayer

this

User is offline   Lunick 

https://twitter.com/...646450245025792

Posted Image

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Not digging some of those textures :/

• el fundador

View PostHulkNukem, on 26 November 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

The textures don't dig you either!

User is offline   Kawa 

I quite like them.

They make me sad.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

I'm not diggin' the face in the HUD. It looks extremely out of place. Other than that the last two shots I've seen are above and beyond expectations. It looks like a fantastic return to the classic 90s BUILD FPS.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 26 November 2016 - 05:36 PM

• el fundador

View PostHiPolyBash, on 26 November 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

I'm not diggin' the face in the HUD. It looks extremely out of place.

It's totally temp art just cut from a random promo image for Interceptor's Bombshell game. The final game is likely to have the face in the HUD, but it'll be more like Doom.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostTerminX, on 26 November 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

The final game is likely to have the face in the HUD, but it'll be more like Doom.

Posted Image

Had to be done.

User is offline   Kawa 

Heheh, nice.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostHulkNukem, on 26 November 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

The twitter post says it's WIP.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostxMobilemux, on 26 November 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

Had to be done.

Cute, but that's not what we mean. :mellow:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This game makes my fucking cock hard.

Loving the Doom skybox in the painting there. Did you guys source that from the original photo?

EDIT: Also the palette really kicks ass. It's so optimized it's astounding.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 26 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 26 November 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

Loving the Doom skybox in the painting there. Did you guys source that from the original photo?

Yes.

• The Sarien Encounter

I like that there's an old DOS game startup ASCII screen on the computer monitor there. Not sure what game it's from though. Something from Apogee? Maybe ROTT?

I like the textures.

User is offline   MetHy 

That computer with the 2 floppy drives and the disk drive remind me of one I used to have back in the mid-late 90's.

That painting sure looks like it's holding a secret. I bet the two could be connected - press use on a 90's looking computer and the Doom painting opens up.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 27 November 2016 - 01:40 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

The art in this game is very good, the only problem here , in my opinion, that this place lacks of "strong shading". It is very bright for industrial room with lights which are under the border. However, I do not know what is behind, may be a big lamp? Posted Image

Just a quick edit in PS. Don't beat me.
Spoiler

User is offline   MetHy 

Yes, I felt the same away about shading in this pic. I didn't say anything because I already mentionned the same thing for a previous shot and TX said it was WIP and would most likely get improved upon.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 27 November 2016 - 04:00 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postbrullov, on 27 November 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

The art in this game is very good, the only problem here , in my opinion, that this place lacks of "strong shading". It is very bright for industrial room with lights which are under the border. However, I do not know what is behind, may be a big lamp? Posted Image

Just a quick edit in PS. Don't beat me.

I'm positive that the shading is yet to be added. Anyone who's a half pro Duke mapper understands the importance of shading, and how it can transform otherwise dull places into eye candy. I've had several occasions where I've almost given up on an area going "this place is never going to look good", then add shading and it's completely transformed.

There are also several texture allignment issues, and it could use some additional trimming, but I'm sure that'll be fixed in due course.

User is offline   axl 

View PostMicky C, on 27 November 2016 - 04:02 AM, said:

I'm positive that the shading is yet to be added. Anyone who's a half pro Duke mapper understands the importance of shading, and how it can transform otherwise dull places into eye candy. I've had several occasions where I've almost given up on an area going "this place is never going to look good", then add shading and it's completely transformed.

This. Shading is what makes levels in Duke Nukem 3D still relevant today. It's the thing that's missing in some of the new levels in World Tour due to the new renderer... some areas look too bright.

Screenshot looks great btw !

This post has been edited by axl: 28 November 2016 - 04:18 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I won't criticize anything about a game which hasn't been released yet. Therefore, I will just state that I am grateful that there are still guys out there who show love and dedication for Build games and want to demonstrate that you can still create great games based on that engine. I also believe that the Bombshell character deserves another attempt to be brought into the spotlight properly after it didn't quite work out the first time.

You would really have to screw up badly to prevent me from buying this game. Considering which people are involved, I have no doubts that it will be worth every cent.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options