• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostMaster O, on 25 July 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

No, one of the boss fights in Ion Fury will be against a giant mecha chick named "Sandy Bitchford" and you have to blow her up. (joking)

Don't forget the one in that one office level that arbitrarily fires hitscan lawsuits whilst its head is clipping through the ceiling.

User is offline   raja302 

Any chance we'll see the founder's edition back on sale?

User is online   Lunick 

View Postraja302, on 25 July 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Unless someone cancels their order, no

User is offline   Malgon 

Just had an email to finalise my order for the FE and figured while I was there that I'd throw some extra support and get the Big Box as well. Looking forward to seeing some old style big boxes.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostLunick, on 26 July 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

Unless someone cancels their order, no

There should be at least one, cause I canceled mine not long ago.

View PostxMobilemux, on 29 July 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

I wonder if they'll let people buy cancelled pre orders. That would be awesome.

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostxMobilemux, on 29 July 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

I paid mine yesterday.

I might get a big box if I really like it

Just paid for my Founder's Edition. Excited for it, the game looks amazing. Just wish I'd been better prepared for it to come out of this paycheck.

This post has been edited by Never Forgotten: 30 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah man, I really hate this "pledge ahead of time, pay at a set time or you'll never have another chance to buy this" culture that is taking over games. Not everyone is made out of fucking money and can make a six month ahead of time frivolous financial decision. The timing of Sigil was especially heinous, yeah just swipe money from people during Christmas.

View PostBlitZ, on 30 July 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yeah man, I really hate this "pledge ahead of time, pay at a set time or you'll never have another chance to buy this" culture that is taking over games. Not everyone is made out of fucking money and can make a six month ahead of time frivolous financial decision. The timing of Sigil was especially heinous, yeah just swipe money from people during Christmas.

Agreed, granted I was also aching for cash when I preordered the Founder's Edition, but it'd have been nice to be prepared.

User is offline   Master O 

It's called Capitalism...

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Capitalism simply gives you the freedom to sell your product any way you want. It doesn't guarantee the business model you adopt is any good. Whatever happened to the good old days when you didn't put an item up for sale until it was in-stock and ready to ship?

User is offline   Mark 

No. The good old days were when I could go to the local store and grab the game box from the shelf. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

But then they have to pay for logistics and packaging. Digital downloads clearly save money. I know you know that though. My point is, I fail to see how reserving a copy and then paying months later anyway produces any larger of a profit. Very odd business strategy IMO.

User is offline   Mark 

Maybe it promotes impulse buying.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostRadar, on 31 July 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

But then they have to pay for logistics and packaging. Digital downloads clearly save money.

It MAKES money because they usually sell it for the same price as a retail package (obviously not the FE here) but without the overhead costs. Some people blame that on inflation, I just think that's a convenient excuse. Especially when indie games are making pennies on digital sales and Humble Bundles (if anything).

This has nothing to do with the conversation about pre-pre-ordering I know.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

By "saves" money, I meant it saves money in production, ergo exactly what you're saying.

This post has been edited by Radar: 31 July 2019 - 06:34 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

When the whole pre-order was started, we absolutely had no idea how well the game would even do/ sell / be received tbh.
This project was practically near death/cancellation quite a few times, only fuelled by a ragtag group of modders who refused to stop despite things looking pretty grim at times.
Big box was considered for a long time but even then it was very uncertain.

Maybe better handled next time but we're just really happy things turned out the way they did.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's nothing you guys did specifically. You followed industry standard really. It's just the new norm.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yeah man, I really hate this "pledge ahead of time, pay at a set time or you'll never have another chance to buy this" culture that is taking over games.

The other option is for the physical product to simply not exist. The Founder's Edition is limited because they cost a bunch of money to produce and we don't really make much on them.

Not everyone is made out of fucking money and can make a six month ahead of time frivolous financial decision.

Okay, now apply this logic from our perspective and try to understand why we only made as many as we knew we were going to sell. :dukecigar:

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostTerminX, on 02 August 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

The other option is for the physical product to simply not exist. The Founder's Edition is limited because they cost a bunch of money to produce and we don't really make much on them.

Okay, now apply this logic from our perspective and try to understand why we only made as many as we knew we were going to sell. :dukecigar:

Some people have no clue, how much it cost to produce a box like this in smaller quantities. To pay, last time i researched for something like this, $200 for the glass master, and something around $1 per copy. Plus Printing for manual and box, packaging, and in the case of the founders edition the toys. In the end, you are in risk of losing a lot of cash, if it didn't work.
I think everything is okay with this. No matter what, there will always be someone who can not afford or plan to have the money, simply as that. And in the case of the FE nothing was charged at order, we had to pay now, when the release date is fixed.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah I wouldn't bother with physical copies tbh. Not only is there the risk of losing money, but it's a distraction and could take time away from developing the game for something that's a different kind of business.

View Postraja302, on 25 July 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

I just canceled mine, so there's another one potentially available.

View Postcosmonautcowboy, on 02 August 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

I just canceled mine, so there's another one potentially available.

Any chance I could get in on this?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Man I almost wish I wasn't going to PAX.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTerminX, on 02 August 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Read my following posts. I know how it works.

It was the job of a publisher to front this kind of money at one time. Not sure what publishers really even do anymore except make zillions of dollars off other people's work.

This post has been edited by BlitZ: 03 August 2019 - 10:15 AM

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostBlitZ, on 03 August 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

Not sure what publishers really even do anymore except make zillions of dollars off other people's work.
Fronting money, setting (and enforcing) timetables, manning the PR cannons, talking to other human beings and other things programmers are historically famously bad at.

This post has been edited by The Kins: 03 August 2019 - 11:00 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostThe Kins, on 03 August 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Fronting money, setting (and enforcing) timetables, manning the PR cannons, talking to other human beings and other things programmers are historically famously bad at.

The difference between a publisher and a pimp?
Spoiler

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostBlitZ, on 03 August 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

It was the job of a publisher to front this kind of money at one time. Not sure what publishers really even do anymore except make zillions of dollars off other people's work.

Yes, that's how we were able to afford to produce 500 copies with actual properly designed and manufactured items. :dukecigar:

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options