Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 134 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Mark 

Maybe in another 5-10 years when this current crop of modders have moved on and the community almost dies. Then someone can spark interest for a whole new generation of modders with their latest and greatest new editor. I can't see myself ever trying to learn a new editor after so many years on Mapster32.

I would prefer to keep patching on small tidbits of features and more importantly, get caught up on all the documentation.

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

User is online   necroslut 

View PostMaster O, on 19 July 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

It sounds like the Build Engine needs an open-source editor like that...

Why? Mapster32 already is open source. I'm sure it would be way less work to redo its interface than making a new editor from scratch.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yeah, I would rather retrofit a new interface on top of Mapster32 than have an entirely new editor, tbh. There's a ton of special-purpose code in the editor already that would be a nightmare to reimplement and debug all over again.

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostBlitZ, on 19 July 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

CON is so easy a monkey could do it.
So why aren't they?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I printed out the Build DOCs years ago when we first got the game. Enjoyed just messing around with it. I never ever did anything with CONs (outside of USER.CON edits) but it was so easy to pick up once you had all the controls and basic instructions right there in front of you. Also the ST, SE, and ZOO guide maps did wonders for showing you how to do specific things. Doom didn't come with any of that.

Also, I mentioned this before, but my dad, a pastor, was spearheading a new building project for our church at the time and used the blueprints to design the church in Duke3D with Build to show people how it would look. He initially bought a 3D House Designer program for Win95 but it was trash and he abandoned it for Duke3D when I suggested it. Duke3D/Build was so much more convincing and, honestly, smoother. I helped him with the sector effectors for the door effects and whatnot (I also put an atomic health in the baptismal tank XD).

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 19 July 2019 - 07:31 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postnecroslut, on 19 July 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Why? Mapster32 already is open source. I'm sure it would be way less work to redo its interface than making a new editor from scratch.

This.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

View PostThe Kins, on 19 July 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

So why aren't they?

Todd Replogle coded the entire game!

• el fundador

Posted Image

Size of Ion Fury versus Half-Life.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Is Ion Fury one huge connected progression or does it split up like in Half-Life (like when you get knocked out and wake up somewhere else not directly connected to where you were)?

Actually dont answer that

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 23 July 2019 - 02:36 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

If you are answering questions I'm damn curious to know what the multiplayer situation is? Deathmatch on day one? Any other modes? Will EDuke32 see client server soon? I'm trying to be patient I swear it!

• el fundador

Multiplayer will be in a post-release patch sometime down the road.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPhotonic, on 23 July 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Any other modes?

I'm hoping for Capture the Randy. It's basically CTF but with a twist: there are two teams of GDF officers who have to capture Randy Pitchford for various crimes ha committed. You have to pick up Randy who spawns at the center of the map and you have to carry him to your team's jail cell but of course since Randy's a generally annoying person he slows down your movement and tries to obscure your vision while you're carrying him (and he's singing the bigot song of course). To counter this you can bitch slap him. The first team to capture Randy three times wins!

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 23 July 2019 - 05:02 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

If theres no coop I sure hope someone mods it in quick

User is offline   Master O 

View PostZaxx, on 23 July 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'm hoping for Capture the Randy. It's basically CTF but with a twist: there are two teams of GDF officers who have to capture Randy Pitchford for various crimes ha committed. You have to pick up Randy who spawns at the center of the map and you have to carry him to your team's jail cell but of course since Randy's a generally annoying person he slows down your movement and tries to obscure your vision while you're carrying him (and he's singing the bigot song of course). To counter this you can bitch slap him. The first team to capture Randy three times wins!

No, one of the boss fights in Ion Fury will be against a giant mecha chick named "Sandy Bitchford" and you have to blow her up. (joking)

User is online   ck3D 

View PostMaster O, on 25 July 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

No, one of the boss fights in Ion Fury will be against a giant mecha chick named "Sandy Bitchford" and you have to blow her up. (joking)

Don't forget the one in that one office level that arbitrarily fires hitscan lawsuits whilst its head is clipping through the ceiling.

User is offline   raja302 

Any chance we'll see the founder's edition back on sale?

User is offline   Lunick 

• Snazzy Ex Tazzy

View Postraja302, on 25 July 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Any chance we'll see the founder's edition back on sale?

Unless someone cancels their order, no

User is offline   Malgon 

Just had an email to finalise my order for the FE and figured while I was there that I'd throw some extra support and get the Big Box as well. Looking forward to seeing some old style big boxes.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostLunick, on 26 July 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

Unless someone cancels their order, no

There should be at least one, cause I canceled mine not long ago.

User is offline   raja302 

View PostxMobilemux, on 29 July 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

I wonder if they'll let people buy cancelled pre orders. That would be awesome.

User is offline   cybdmn 

View PostxMobilemux, on 29 July 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

I paid mine yesterday.

I might get a big box if I really like it

Just paid for my Founder's Edition. Excited for it, the game looks amazing. Just wish I'd been better prepared for it to come out of this paycheck.

This post has been edited by Never Forgotten: 30 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

Yeah man, I really hate this "pledge ahead of time, pay at a set time or you'll never have another chance to buy this" culture that is taking over games. Not everyone is made out of fucking money and can make a six month ahead of time frivolous financial decision. The timing of Sigil was especially heinous, yeah just swipe money from people during Christmas.

View PostBlitZ, on 30 July 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yeah man, I really hate this "pledge ahead of time, pay at a set time or you'll never have another chance to buy this" culture that is taking over games. Not everyone is made out of fucking money and can make a six month ahead of time frivolous financial decision. The timing of Sigil was especially heinous, yeah just swipe money from people during Christmas.

Agreed, granted I was also aching for cash when I preordered the Founder's Edition, but it'd have been nice to be prepared.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostBlitZ, on 30 July 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

It's called Capitalism...

User is offline   Mark 

No. The good old days were when I could go to the local store and grab the game box from the shelf. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Mark 

Maybe it promotes impulse buying.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostRadar, on 31 July 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

But then they have to pay for logistics and packaging. Digital downloads clearly save money.

It MAKES money because they usually sell it for the same price as a retail package (obviously not the FE here) but without the overhead costs. Some people blame that on inflation, I just think that's a convenient excuse. Especially when indie games are making pennies on digital sales and Humble Bundles (if anything).

This has nothing to do with the conversation about pre-pre-ordering I know.

User is online   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

When the whole pre-order was started, we absolutely had no idea how well the game would even do/ sell / be received tbh.
This project was practically near death/cancellation quite a few times, only fuelled by a ragtag group of modders who refused to stop despite things looking pretty grim at times.
Big box was considered for a long time but even then it was very uncertain.

Maybe better handled next time but we're just really happy things turned out the way they did.

Share this topic:

• 134 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options