Duke4.net Forums: My ART files editor (BAFed) - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My ART files editor (BAFed)  "Build ART Files Editor ver1.16"

Bump.

Another bug I found is that, if you try to export multiple tiles, and there's an empty space inside a range of tiles, exporting will simply stop at that space, rather than exporting all selected ones.

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

This. Looks. Incredible.

Would you happen to have a link handy for a download? You are amazing.

User is online   Dzierzan 

https://m210.duke4.n...rt-files-editor

User is offline   Mark 

I am viewing some art files and I see different solid colored blank tiles. Purple, black, blue, orange. Is that something goofy with the art files I loaded or is there some significance for that in Bafed?

Never mind. I loaded them in another editor and for some reason those blanks are colored in textures. Whoever put those art files together messed up. If I click on the black or purple the tile viewer shows blank. But the orange or blue show in the viewer as those colors.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bafedpic.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Build ART Files Editor v2.1 is released

* Export to DEF feature
* Config file (saves settings and last folder between sessions)
* Save all button/hotkey (saves open art and dat files)
* Shift tile left/right buttons/hotkeys
* Select all button/hotkey
* Ion Fury ART support
* Cryptic Passage AR_ support
* Signed int checksum
* Automatically open surface/voxel/palette DAT if found
* Open DAT files shown in the title bar
* Move tile browser to the top when new ART is opened
* Fixed view/surface cloning bug
* Fixed batch exporting if one of the tiles is empty
* When batch exported, tiles will have their tilenum in the name
* Fixed importing order of files with numerals in names
* Fixed toolips drawing behind canvas
* Other GUI changes

User is offline   fgsfds 

2.1 was reuploaded, exe version is now included too.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Was the bug fixed where the tile offsets get erased when you import? I hate that when I'm replacing the art for a character, and I have to manually add back in all the offsets again. It worked correctly in the initial release and then got broken after that.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 02 July 2020 - 10:21 PM, said:

Was the bug fixed where the tile offsets get erased when you import? I hate that when I'm replacing the art for a character, and I have to manually add back in all the offsets again. It worked correctly in the initial release and then got broken after that.

Doesn't seem like it, and copy-pasting also doesn't preserve the offset.

The other changes are great though, thanks a ton!

User is offline   fgsfds 

Not sure if it can be fixed for copy pasting, but I fixed it for importing. Wait for the next version.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 03 July 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

Doesn't seem like it, and copy-pasting also doesn't preserve the offset.

Because you can copy the tile from a photoshop and paste it to bafed, so the photoshop doesn't have the offset info :)

I just could to save an old tile offsets after pasted.

This post has been edited by m210®: 04 July 2020 - 03:20 AM

User is offline   m210® 

The new version of BAFed has been released.
* File list
* Drag-and-drop ART files
* Last opened files submenu
* Option to always fill tile in viewer
* Option to show tile borders in viewer
* Asterisk for changed files in the title bar
* Scroll wheel support for spinners
* Export to DEF (texture)
* Keep parameters after replacing (importing or pasting) a tile
* Integer zoom
* Fixed incorrect scroll bar behavior after resizing a window
* Fixed animation not resetting

User is offline   Jblade 

Nice, biggest issue I still have so far is I can't paste tiles directly from my art program into the art file without it removing transparency since I assume it auto converts to the Duke3d palette (which has 2 identical pinks so it's automatically changing the colour to the incorrect one) Any chance you can eventually add an option or toggle so it doesn't try and autoconvert? Also copying a tile to clipboard and pasting it into a program auto converts it to 16bit or whatever so the pink colour gets lost and replaced with black when I paste it into another program. Dukeres doesn't do either of those things which is the main reason I haven't fully switched yet.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 15 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

User is offline   Seb Luca 

The editor that I use. GG ! :)

View PostJblade, on 15 July 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

Nice, biggest issue I still have so far is I can't paste tiles directly from my art program into the art file without it removing transparency since I assume it auto converts to the Duke3d palette (which has 2 identical pinks so it's automatically changing the colour to the incorrect one) Any chance you can eventually add an option or toggle so it doesn't try and autoconvert? Also copying a tile to clipboard and pasting it into a program auto converts it to 16bit or whatever so the pink colour gets lost and replaced with black when I paste it into another program. Dukeres doesn't do either of those things which is the main reason I haven't fully switched yet.

Neither of these are happening to me when using GIMP, at least when copying to and from an RGB PNG with transparency.

BAFed automatically converts transparency to color index 255.

EDIT: However copying from a 256 color indexed image with pink index 255 background color does indeed result in BAFed importing an image with a pink background, instead of a transparent one.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 16 July 2020 - 07:55 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

2 cents for free.

It should use the index only for importing 8bit art and ignore colors completely, or maybe at least it should be an option.

With 2.1+, newly created ART files are apparently saved with the "BUILDART" header format.
This is the same header that was used for Ion Fury's art file, and prevents these files from being opened with BAFed 2.0 or lower, or any other older ART file editor such as Dukeres.

Older eduke32 revisions will not recognize this format, as will DOS Duke3D or other ports. Is there an option to disable this? Apologies if I'm blind but I didn't see it.

EDIT: Apparently it is enough to remove the "BUILDART" string from the start of the file to make it recognizable by other ports or editors.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 17 September 2020 - 03:17 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options