• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Media

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

If George Broussard manages to secure funding within the next week, we might see the old staff rejoining the company and finishing the game.

User is offline   Redcard 

View Postpeoplessi, on May 10 2009, 09:18 AM, said:

If George Broussard manages to secure funding within the next week, we might see the old staff rejoining the company and finishing the game.

I keep seeing people say this.. but I don't see George saying it. Perhaps GEORGE needs to say it, instead of fanboys just repeating it.

For all we know, George may HAVE money, and just wants to cut his losses and walk away with what money he has left.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Possibly, but just saying, there isn't a huge timeframe here if they want to finish that game. Take another year and it's all over. For that you don't need to speculate, be fanboy, be a pessimits, or realist.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postpeoplessi, on May 10 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

I bet my balls he's actually doing something like that. Just look at the fucking reaction from people all over the internet.

They are demanding a game they've been denying over the past of the years! It's insane!

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

There are two kind of gamers in this world my friend.
Those that appreciate a game by itself and those that compare it to random other games.

User is offline   yossa 

Some new information here: http://www.duke4.net...omment.news.270

User is offline   AlexGK 

Incredible stuff. I can say, without doubt, that DNF would have been one of the best game ever.

So sad :'(

View Postyossa, on May 10 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

I don't see any new information. ;)

View PostRamen4ever, on May 10 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

Neither don't I...

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

The stuff in the quote is the new info.

User is offline   Tedades 

just watched footage, one word: awsome.

So the stadium scene from the gameplay video is duke playing duke nukem 3d in his mansion?
You can play levels from Duke3d in DNF with DNF graphics...
Thats a omg thing isnt it?

User is offline   yossa 

View PostRamen4ever, on May 10 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

WTF, did I fuck up something? I see the quotes I posted.

View PostYatta, on May 10 2009, 10:40 AM, said:

The stuff in the quote is the new info.

.. either I'm blind or there's nothing in ""'s in that link. ;)

Okay okay. You posted a link to the comments. I see it now that I went to the duke4 homepage. ;)

This post has been edited by Ramen4ever: 10 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

I don't see any quotes yossa.... odd.

View PostDamien_Azreal, on May 10 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

I don't see any quotes yossa.... odd.

"I can confirm that there was far more completed than what this video implies.

The guy obviously stripped away details in some of the video to highlight the motion and animations.

I've played a good bit of the game, my bro worked there. That scene with the big alien in the football field? That's the first level, it's Duke playing an arcade version of Duke 3D inside his huge Duke mansion. This was last summer and I saw four different levels and environments that were fully playable (some just needed some polish).

They basically started making the game again from scratch (as they've done a few times) about a year and a half ago.

They had a hard cut-off date for development (11/2009) and a ship date (4/2010). They were stupid close to actually finishing this thing.

Was it going to be worth 12 years wait? Of course not. But it looked like a solid offering from a studio that had spent 2.5 years working on a title. "

"And more about the stadium bit:

It's quite ingenious actually. So you start the game playing with this moderate level of tech and play for a few minutes and it's cool, then you zoom out of the arcade screen entirely and you're Duke and everything looks a little shinier and nicer, now you're in the actual game world and it's even more impressive. It's a really cool effect."

User is offline   yossa 

Emptied cache now it should be ok if yatta is to be believed that is ;)

This post has been edited by yossa: 10 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

Have we gotten Byran or Joe... or anybody to confirm this is true? How reliable is the source?

Personally.. I'd rather hear it from George but it sounds pretty cool anyway. ;)

Sunday isn't primetime for official comments, Damien.

This post has been edited by Ramen4ever: 10 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

UPDATE:

Take it with a grain of salt but cubeblue from shacknews comments has posted some information regarding the above footage. Here goes:

I can confirm that there was far more completed than what this video implies.

The guy obviously stripped away details in some of the video to highlight the motion and animations.

I've played a good bit of the game, my bro worked there. That scene with the big alien in the football field? That's the first level, it's Duke playing an arcade version of Duke 3D inside his huge Duke mansion. This was last summer and I saw four different levels and environments that were fully playable (some just needed some polish).

They basically started making the game again from scratch (as they've done a few times) about a year and a half ago.

They had a hard cut-off date for development (11/2009) and a ship date (4/2010). They were stupid close to actually finishing this thing.

Was it going to be worth 12 years wait? Of course not. But it looked like a solid offering from a studio that had spent 2.5 years working on a title.

And more about the stadium bit:
It's quite ingenious actually. So you start the game playing with this moderate level of tech and play for a few minutes and it's cool, then you zoom out of the arcade screen entirely and you're Duke and everything looks a little shinier and nicer, now you're in the actual game world and it's even more impressive. It's a really cool effect.

So, the game lacked 6 months before it could be done.

Now I actually believe 3DR won't be no more.

Well done, fuckers, well done.

Ok, I'm leaving, I know I won't ever get to play this game

View PostRamen4ever, on May 10 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

Personally.. I'd rather hear it from George but it sounds pretty cool anyway. ;)

Sunday isn't primetime for official comments, Damien.

Yeah I know. I'm just trying to correctly gauge my reactions based on facts. ;)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Whatever the case with these DNF stories, I'm still not over that the company which pretty much was my whole childhood is down under.

View PostDamien_Azreal, on May 10 2009, 06:48 PM, said:

Have we gotten Byran or Joe... or anybody to confirm this is true? How reliable is the source?

Guys, I can in fact confirm that cubeblue's brother was one of the devs let go now. Not sure if it is a good idea to say who though.

Gotcha. ;) Any chance of letting me via PM? Just curious.

This post has been edited by Damien_Azreal: 10 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

That makes things more interesting. ;) thx Kristian.

User is offline   yossa 

It's a google search away.

View Postpeoplessi, on May 10 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

Yeah, and if my grandma had testicles she'd be my grandpa.

User is offline   yossa 

That's interesting, because she's got them.

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

i really liked what i saw in that clip, thanx to those who uploaded.

looked like the really took advantage of FBA. xD

I'll continue to linger around. Some words from George, at least confirming that it's well and truly over would be good... or maybe even "it's not over yet" which would be better.
the man has to have an ace up that sleave of his somewhere!!!???

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postyossa, on May 10 2009, 09:32 PM, said:

Fuck me in the asshole..............

Bit by bit dnf media is driving me to suicide. WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO US, 3DREALMS?

P.S. Did you noticed that on the 3dr stuff page most of the guys joined the team in 2006. Pretty much confirms shacknews report. And dev's brother confirmed a popular restart assumption because of massive layoffs.

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options