• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Media

User is offline   Jimmg 

I was just about to post that. :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

It's all old and faked. *cough cough, Riddick*

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 26 2010, 06:01 PM, said:

Well, I was talking about http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JcAv0eAz96k myself.

Which I uploaded way back in December 26, 2009 then someone found it on April Fools 2010 which sparked all that new controversy... *sigh* DNF fanny boys...

Yeah nevermind that you were sending the link around to some people you maybe shouldn't have. :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Trust, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I don't know if this is the right place but could anyone that downloaded the leaked reels and stuff send me a PM with some Octabrain stuff? I'd really like more references for my sculpture. I promise not to tell anything. Thanks.

I

This post has been edited by DavoX: 06 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

User is offline   ryche 

View Postyossa, on 12 May 2009 - 02:39 AM, said:

Not many people remember this:
Posted Image

This is old and a shot in hell but did anyone by chance save this picture? It should be a small 3d model of Duke off the 3D Realms website from around 1997/1998. Yossa was nice enough to upload it a "few" years back however tinypic no longer exists. I thought I saved this but I can't find it anywhere. Just wondering if someone did save it or if it ended up in the archive that's talked about in the pages of this thread (that archive no longer works either as the links that are posted around are broken).

So if anyone has a copy, could you post it? Thanks.

User is offline   Joe3DR 

• 3D Realms Staff

View Postryche, on 12 May 2009 - 12:58 AM, said:

You know, I'm gonna be a dick and mention something.

When DNF was annouced back in 97, around that time or 98 on the 3DR site they had a picture of the 3D model of Duke for DNF. You don't by chance have that in there?

;)

I'm sure you don't. I thought I did when I found a copy of my old Duke3D fan site I did back in that time and I did link to it from 3DR but I thought I saved it too but apparently didn't.

This is the page you sent me in a private chat.

http://web.archive.o.../catalog/duke4/

Since I created it, I have the master backup - unencumbered from the weirdness that archive.org can be.

The fourth broken image there is - per the source code 4q.gif. I pulled said 4q image from my archives. It's this:

Attached Image: 4q.gif

The date stamp in the 4q.gif image was 5 Feb, 1998.

It was obviously put there by me as a "We don't know what he will look like in DNF" at this time placeholder.

This post has been edited by Joe3DR: 16 October 2020 - 01:31 PM

User is offline   Joe3DR 

• 3D Realms Staff

Additional. I pulled the complete website archive, unpacked the bastard, and took a screenshot of what it really looked like.

There was no 3D render of Duke from DNF at this point. Here's the page..

http://forums.3dreal...nf_1998page.png

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postryche, on 16 October 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

This is old and a shot in hell but did anyone by chance save this picture? It should be a small 3d model of Duke off the 3D Realms website from around 1997/1998. Yossa was nice enough to upload it a "few" years back however tinypic no longer exists. I thought I saved this but I can't find it anywhere. Just wondering if someone did save it or if it ended up in the archive that's talked about in the pages of this thread (that archive no longer works either as the links that are posted around are broken).

So if anyone has a copy, could you post it? Thanks.

I remember this image. I think it was using Dirk Jones' Duke model but I'm not certain.

I was unable to find a 1f8yfm.gif among my data.

User is offline   Joe3DR 

• 3D Realms Staff

View PostHendricks266, on 16 October 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

I remember this image. I think it was using Dirk Jones' Duke model but I'm not certain.

I was unable to find a 1f8yfm.gif among my data.

If we had such a model on our site, it wasn't on this page. I have the original HTML and all images - it was a "4q" image.

Unless.. I just had a thought. Checking additional archives.

User is offline   Joe3DR 

• 3D Realms Staff

View PostJoe3DR, on 16 October 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

If we had such a model on our site, it wasn't on this page. I have the original HTML and all images - it was a "4q" image.

Unless.. I just had a thought. Checking additional archives.

I found what Ryche was talking about. It was this image.

However it absolutely was NOT on that page he was talking about. I have the source code for both variants of that page (in what I called the "Green TV" and "Green TV 2" variants of the 3DR site). This image was titled duke4.gif, and was referenced from some other page, but I don't have time now to dig into my archives and search all the source code to see what referenced it at this time.

The time/date stamp on this image was 5 Feb 1998 @ 10:36 AM.

Attached Image: duke4.gif

This image was on one of the Green TV versions, and not the other. Neither linked from the page Ryche linked me earlier.

This post has been edited by Joe3DR: 16 October 2020 - 01:36 PM

User is offline   ryche 

Yes!!!!!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

There is also a version of it that animates. Which may be on the Duke Nukem Forever Museum along with the rest of the DJ work. I actually recreated this model years ago with the texture that was available on Jones' website.

It would have been really charming to see Duke in the original Quake engine with those chunky low poly graphics. Shame.

Wow, it's like a time capsule. Was that the E3 98 model?

• Judge Mental

View PostWilliam Beavis, on 17 October 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

Wow, it's like a time capsule. Was that the E3 98 model?

Nah that Q1 model is from 97. We only ever saw the 98 Duke from the back during the turret sections.

View PostOpenMaw, on 17 October 2020 - 04:36 PM, said:

Nah that Q1 model is from 97. We only ever saw the 98 Duke from the back during the turret sections.

You sure? The image date stamp was in Feb 98, as Joe said above. Just three months before E3. And since we only saw him from behind, it's pretty hard to tell.

• Judge Mental

View PostWilliam Beavis, on 18 October 2020 - 07:04 AM, said:

You sure? The image date stamp was in Feb 98, as Joe said above. Just three months before E3. And since we only saw him from behind, it's pretty hard to tell.

Yeah, it's not the same. The one in the image above has a jetpack permanently mounted on his back. The hair color is different. The one in the 98 demonstration would be higher detail in just about every way considering how Bombshell looked.

View PostOpenMaw, on 18 October 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

Yeah, it's not the same. The one in the image above has a jetpack permanently mounted on his back. The hair color is different. The one in the 98 demonstration would be higher detail in just about every way considering how Bombshell looked.

I suppose you're right, looking now. Been a long time since I saw that old trailer.

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options