Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior 2 (2016) thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior 2 (2016) thread  "Originally Devolver Digital trademarks "Shadow Warrior""

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostNightFright, on 14 March 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

So... Shadow Warrior 3 incoming? I gotta say, I loved the bigger levels in the second one but at least 99% of the weapon upgrades were kinda crap and didn't make a big difference one way or the other. Story was definitely better in the first one. That emotional ending with the awesome music still gives me goosebumps today whenever I watch it on Youtube. I wished they went back to that atmosphere. SW2 was too goofy and dragged some chars like Hoji's sister through the mud IMHO.

Hope I didn't derail the thread with this.

I liked the larger levels in theory, but if they make a 3rd one they really need to tighten up the level design. Weapon upgrades would have been tolerable if drop rate was reduced by 95%, but really I wish FWH'd stop trying to force in RPG elements that aren't needed.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I still need to play through and finish SW1. Or SW classic for that matter.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I thought Shadow Warrior 2 (the 2016 one) was quite bad so if there is an SW3 and it's anything like the second one in overall design then I'm not interested. Honestly I have no idea why they had to force that looter crap into a franchise that was already its own thing, I mean why not just make a new IP for that? Having that stuff in there was so bad, I think around 40% of my time playing (well, "playing" lol) was spent with managing all the crap I picked up. I'm supposed to be shooting things in an FPS instead of managing my inventory I think.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 14 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostZaxx, on 14 March 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

I thought Shadow Warrior 2 (the 2016 one) was quite bad so if there is an SW3 and it's anything like the second one in overall design then I'm not interested. Honestly I have no idea why they had to force that looter crap into a franchise that was already its own thing, I mean why not just make a new IP for that? Having that stuff in there was so bad, I think around 40% of my time playing (well, "playing" lol) was spent with managing all the crap I picked up. I'm supposed to be shooting things in an FPS instead of managing my inventory I think.

I played it on easy, got some of the better weapons and ignored all warnings that my loot isn't up for the final battles. Finished it and never touched it again.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 14 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I wish they had enough balls to make a true original SW successor with proper shooting.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I wish they hadn't fucked with Lo Wang's character.

I found both of the reboots rather boring. Lo Wang was a younger, boring version of the character. Old Wang is Gold Wang. The silliness and the not giving a shit about specific Asian culture was actually part of the games charm. It was made by dudes who didn't fucking care. No different than Redneck Rampage with it's fucktarded humor about rednecks.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I'm sad to admit that the original Wang failed to leave a strong impression on me. Sure, some of the lines were funny but he lacked that extra something Duke and Caleb have, somehow he had no style or I dunno. New Wang has that added charm and to me that's more important than the character being outrageous (he is still enough of a likeable asshole though).

To make him by modern American standards "racist" requires to grow a pair. That said, I can't wait for Deadly Kiss to come out, I find SW quite special even though at times it had some meh maps (which I still consider better than reboot maps), maybe Voidpoint will try their luck and make their Shadow Warrior game using Build when they finish with Ion Maiden.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 March 2019 - 03:32 AM

User is offline   Avoozl 

Honestly I didn't enjoy the new Shadow Warrior games that much, I still prefer the original game.

User is offline   ---- 

I enjoyed the original Shadow Warrior when it came out. For me the game hasn't aged well. Bad level design, bad weapons/enemy balance and a boring character. :)

The only thing I really liked about reboot is killing everything with a sword.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 March 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

The only thing I really liked about reboot is killing everything with a sword.

Yes, that rocked. If only the guns had proper punch and there were more enemies between the arenafights.

User is offline   axl 

View Postfuegerstef, on 15 March 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

I enjoyed the original Shadow Warrior when it came out. For me the game hasn't aged well. Bad level design, bad weapons/enemy balance and a boring character. :)

A bit off topic, but now that you mention level design: how come the level designers from Duke Nukem 3D (Allen Blum and Levelord) didn't do the levels for Shadow Warrior ? Were they at the time already busy with Duke Nukem Forever ?

User is offline   necroslut 

View Postaxl, on 15 March 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

A bit off topic, but now that you mention level design: how come the level designers from Duke Nukem 3D (Allen Blum and Levelord) didn't do the levels for Shadow Warrior ? Were they at the time already busy with Duke Nukem Forever ?

Well, Levelord left 3DR halfway through the Plutonium Pak, so there really wasn't any time for him to work on it. For the most part, Shadow Warrior was developed by a different team entirely.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options