Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior 2 (2016) thread - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior 2 (2016) thread  "Originally Devolver Digital trademarks "Shadow Warrior""

User is online   X-Vector 

#91

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 25 April 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

PC Gamer interview with Flying Wild Hog's Pawel Kowalewski (game designer):
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N56WqTzDwws

Edit: New footage from Gamespot.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hxZe22748O4


Seems FWH took a gander at The Witcher 3's HUD and went "hey, me too!".
Hopefully, like CPR, they'll allow for healthy customisation so the game may resemble the clutter-free look of the earlier footage.
0

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#92

Pax gameplay without that awful, try-hard Twitch commentary.

0

User is online   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#93

Well, at least I know what I'll play in case Doom turns out to be a letdown. Not that I wouldn't have played it anyway. I loved the setting of the predecessor with its colorful levels and the excellent sword combat. Looks like it's gonna be bigger and even better looking than before. The guys at Devolver know what fans expect and I don't doubt they will deliver.

The female version of what used to be Hoji sounds quite annoying however... :lol:

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

0

User is online   Player Lin 

#94

Yay, I won't be regrets after I decided not get Borderlands series, since we'll have SW2! :P :P :P

View PostNightFright, on 26 April 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

The female version of what used to be Hoji sounds quite annoying however... :lol:


For some reasons, I feel that's fit with Lo Wang...and made me chuckle so hard. :lol:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 April 2016 - 07:38 AM

0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

#95

For some reason I look far more forward to this than to DooM,
2

User is offline   Jblade 

#96

holy shit I got a really good chuckle out of that skull ammo box for the machine gun at the end :D
0

User is online   MetHy 

#97

View Postfuegerstef, on 26 April 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

For some reason I look far more forward to this than to DooM,


Don't we all do?
1

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

#98

View Postfuegerstef, on 26 April 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

For some reason I look far more forward to this than to DooM,



View PostMetHy, on 27 April 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Don't we all do?
I am getting DooM for the PS4, but still this just seems like it is simply more fun... at least the type of fun I enjoy in a game. Actually I am getting my PS4 when the next Red Dead game is released... at which time I will already have Shadow Warrior (2013), Shadow Warrior 2, Mad Max, and DooM. Shadow Warrior 2 looks SO much like my kind of shooter. :D


MrBlackcat

0

User is offline   Sixty Four 

  • Turok Nukem

#99

Lol did they change the main picture of Shadow Warrior 2013 on steam? Am I late to notice... well it looks better actually :)

https://duke64nukem.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/swnewp.jpg
1

User is offline   HulkNukem 

#100

Its always been that...?

View PostMetHy, on 27 April 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Don't we all do?


Not me :)

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 05 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

0

User is offline   Sixty Four 

  • Turok Nukem

#101

Hmm I never seen it here is what I always seen.

https://duke64nukem.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/swol.jpg
0

User is offline   fuegerstef 

#102

View PostSixty Four, on 05 May 2016 - 09:40 PM, said:

Hmm I never seen it here is what I always seen.

https://duke64nukem.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/swol.jpg


To me it is the new one from two posts above yours.

Anyways. SW 2013 is currently 90% off on steam due to the Devolver-Weekend sale.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 06 May 2016 - 02:24 AM

0

User is online   Player Lin 

#103

View PostSixty Four, on 05 May 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

Lol did they change the main picture of Shadow Warrior 2013 on steam? Am I late to notice... well it looks better actually :)

https://duke64nukem.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/swnewp.jpg



Yeah, I see this one too....

FHM guys, fix the old game please. :P
0

#104

It is actually for the console version - I had no idea they changed it on steam aswell.
However - it looks 10x better than the release version and more like the original 90's Lo Wang than the first cover. :)
1

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#105

Definitely looks better.
0

User is offline   Sixty Four 

  • Turok Nukem

#106

View PostDukeNukem64, on 06 May 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

It is actually for the console version - I had no idea they changed it on steam aswell.
However - it looks 10x better than the release version and more like the original 90's Lo Wang than the first cover. :)


That clears it all up right there :) I think I get it now, while its a new photo for PC its not for consoles. They should just switch the entire model in the game to this it looks more official. That is the Wang I know with a big head and old not skinny head and young xD
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#107

He actually looks Asian now.
1

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#108

Gamespot posted a Flying Wild Hog interview.

Quote

We have this rich loot system which allows you to modify your weapons. There are a lot of upgrades that change how weapons work. We have maybe over 70 weapons in the game which will differ from each other. Not all of the weapons will be good at all points in the story. We have main story missions and we have optional missions and even side missions which are like short stories composed of three missions. And they are loosely tied to the main plot. So you can either rush head-on through the story or you can explore the world. You can even pick-up those randomly generated missions that don't have anything to do with the story, they are just for grinding and for you to search for loot and get experience.

:)

Quote

You have teased a release sometime in 2016, is there a window you could give us for expected release?

Fall, or maybe early winter of 2016. But I think it will be the last quarter of the year.

:(
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy

#109

2017 release it is then.
0

#110

I was at PAX east and waited in line for an hour and a half to play SW2 before getting pulled away to meet up with a friend. I was maybe another 10-20 minutes from actually playing, so the regret is real.

I didn't see anyone post anything from the booth so here's a couple pictures I took http://imgur.com/a/W7RP8

They were giving out a ton of those fortune cookies, and waiting in line as I was, I had a bunch of them. Aside from that they were giving out wrist-bands, as well as slips of paper with Steam codes for both Shadow Warrior 2013 and Bro-Force. So that was pretty cool.

The highlight for me was that I got to talk to one of the guys at the booth, and asked him if he knew what the deal was with Duke Megaton Edition. He told me he wasn't really sure, but explained the basics of the Gearbox/3DR situation and described 'those new 3D Realms guys' as 'pretty squirrely'.
3

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God

#111

Cool to see them do actual fortune cookies. Would've loved to grab a few and a wristband or two, thanks for showing this stuff!
0

#112

View PostTrikeen, on 19 May 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

I was at PAX east and waited in line for an hour and a half to play SW2 before getting pulled away to meet up with a friend. I was maybe another 10-20 minutes from actually playing, so the regret is real.

I didn't see anyone post anything from the booth so here's a couple pictures I took http://imgur.com/a/W7RP8

They were giving out a ton of those fortune cookies, and waiting in line as I was, I had a bunch of them. Aside from that they were giving out wrist-bands, as well as slips of paper with Steam codes for both Shadow Warrior 2013 and Bro-Force. So that was pretty cool.

The highlight for me was that I got to talk to one of the guys at the booth, and asked him if he knew what the deal was with Duke Megaton Edition. He told me he wasn't really sure, but explained the basics of the Gearbox/3DR situation and described 'those new 3D Realms guys' as 'pretty squirrely'.


Meh English is my 4th language sorry for asking. What does squirrely mean?
0

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God

#113

http://i.imgur.com/NYGOwfr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rSBi6Jt.jpg
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#114

View PostDukeNukem64, on 19 May 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Meh English is my 4th language sorry for asking. What does squirrely mean?


http://www.urbandict...?term=squirrely
0

#115

So it is another word for insane? I can find translation - but the context and social meaning is usually different. :)
Like when you say "this game is shit" it can mean a lot of things. Usually it is not a game of your taste but maybe it is just shit. If you get the point. :)
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#116

No, not insane. Jumpy and cowardly, fearful, nervous.
0

#117

I believe he meant it in the sense of 'strange and unpredictable', as apposed to 'insane' or 'cowardly'. But I just thought it was funny, coming from someone on the inside of the game dev circle.
1

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#118

New gameplay footage. It looks like a melee-focused version of Borderlands.

0

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#119

After selling Splash Damage, Paul Wedgwood started a new studio called Supernova, which just acquired developer Flying Wild Hog. They have nearly 200 employees and will be announcing some new games soon.

https://venturebeat....lying-wild-hog/
0

User is online   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#120

So... Shadow Warrior 3 incoming? I gotta say, I loved the bigger levels in the second one but at least 99% of the weapon upgrades were kinda crap and didn't make a big difference one way or the other. Story was definitely better in the first one. That emotional ending with the awesome music still gives me goosebumps today whenever I watch it on Youtube. I wished they went back to that atmosphere. SW2 was too goofy and dragged some chars like Hoji's sister through the mud IMHO.

Hope I didn't derail the thread with this.
0

Share this topic:


  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options