• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View Postthedrawliner, on 23 November 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

BUT in the end if you want to keep it simple and buy them back here's an exploit that will help you built up tons of money >> Play the Hon-Kong levels with a character that has a flame based weapon (Zaxtor's Firestorm, Rusty's M-41C alt fire, Sang's Fire Spell and Micky's flamethrower) or use an OC to which you assigned the temporary Flamethrower and try to kill all the Triads you see, this will cause a glitch that will count their death way more than once (triggering lots of slow-mo' BTW) and in the end you will finish the level with more than a thousand kills and so tons of budget.

Damn, tdl, you're bringing Jolteon to the dark side of glitch-exploiting! :)
No, really, this bug is present in alien Enforcers as well. Killing them with a flamethrower doesn't give THAT many kills (+4/+7 per Enforcer), though.

Jolteon, on 23 November 2015 - 21:22 PM, said:

Okay. When I get the chance, i'll go ahead and do just that, to get my gold guns back (Does it count as cheating though? Since I lost the gold gun from a glitch that happened, it's not really cheating, right? :) ).

I used to do speedruns of 'Daikirin' embodying Sang with a temporary flamethrower to gain lots of budget (to buy the golden shotguns) before I realized I was exploiting a glitch (the aforementioned) - from the first level could easyly got 11k (in 15 minutes, more or less) and the rest of the maps of the mission/episode gave no lower than 5k.
Since discovering 'Spookeycut' I'm doing speedruns of that level. Right now I beat the map in... 30 minutes (when I'm being slow) and gain 16k in a 'legitimate' way. The map have a lot of treasures and, IMO, after fighting that enormous amount of lost ghosts... well, you deserve it. :P

I think there's a console command to summon 'treasure', but I don't know its code. :P

User is offline   Jblade 

I've doubled how much you earn in a map so this kind of grinding won't be neccesary - I will however also tweak how much loadouts cost so that it is a bit more expensive (however you will still get much more credits overall especially in enemy heavy maps)

Hey Rhai I was just suggesting Jolteon to use an exploit in order to repair the dammage his glitch did, I'm not telling him to do that all along, personally I don't do that I just expose the fact and potential of the exploit besides since it's in the game per say we can't really consider it as a cheat in the literary sense of the term especially if you use it in fixing purposes like I suggested.

You know what they say in Maths : A negative associated to a negative creates a positive ^_-
So using a bug against a bug creates a fix -_^

User is offline   Jolteon 

I did what you said, I got one of my gold guns back. Although after I get all of James gold guns (the gold pistol and the gold jackhammer), I will get the rest fair and square.

Attached Image: duke0029.png

I though I would've gotten more budget from that though.

View PostJolteon, on 25 November 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

I did what you said, I got one of my gold guns back. Although after I get all of James gold guns (the gold pistol and the gold jackhammer), I will get the rest fair and square.

Attachment duke0029.png

I though I would've gotten more budget from that though.

I don't really know how much you can build up in one go because when I uncovered that exploit I had already more than 3000 budget but trust me it's easier and more fun than playing EDF Missions over and over again unless extended slow-motions give you head aches :/

As I said you must ensure that the triad will be flaming for a long time, I once managed to finish the Island Facility with something like 2100 kills thanks to that glitch (new record ftw) But since I don't know how much you get for one kill I can't say how much you get for that much, I suppose I'll test this next week-end just to see ... Anyway you do as you wish ^_-
As long as it has helped you repair the dammage your glitch did ME is happy ^^

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 25 November 2015 - 11:28 PM

Thank you for telling me to use this glitch to get my gold guns back. It did helped me out alot.

Anyways, there is one thing I like to report. It's not a really a bug though, but more of a mapping mistake (I think). On the island facility, there is a vr system you enter as Mikko or Geofferey to turn on the turrets to take out an armored guy. While in the vr system, you can jump over the gates, therefor bypassing the gates without even spending one action point.

Attached Image: duke0031.png

(I should've took more screenshots though)

Greetings world !!
Ultimate bug report before I go OOO on that T_T

So as I said I've done some more testing and it has proven to be quite productive, so much that I actually uncovered a (not so) brand new glitch but no big deal ... Here we go :

1_ This one's for Jolteon. Just showcasing the exploit I told you about ^_-
I played the first HK level with Zaxtor and the temporary Flamethrower, I used up ALL of it to kill as many enemies as possible (had to kill a dozen normally because I ran out of fuel) and so Here's what you get :

Before : Attached Image: duke0000.png

Finished the level with almost 4000 kills on the count : Attached Image: duke0001.png

120k budget AKA 1 Golden Gun for each try ! But it took a long time because of repeatedly longish slow-motions but at least you have the fun of extensive slow-mo speech and one-liners ^^

2_ So as I said before using silver ammo with James' 1911 consumes normal ammo (reminder of going from 200 to 128 normal with 100 silver bullets) and so I tested if the same thing happened with Micky's Longslide and the result is POSITIVE !!
With 100 silver bullet I went from 78 to 46 normal.

3_ Same story with James' UMP45 and the result is NEGATIVE !! With 100 silver bullets I went from 300 to 300.

4_ I suppose this is a glitch. When we complete the first level of Far Mountain Reach or its secret level our HP gets reset to 100. For instance at the end of the secret level I had 200HPs (sphere) and when starting the next level I was back to 100 but I still kept my 200 armor points and the other types which is weird :/

5_ I have tested the Spirit Vest a bit more as I said I would and here's the situation. Contrary to what I feared it appears that if we have more than 100 armor points (sphere or super armor) we cannot take the spirit vests which is normal BUT IF we get to have less than 100 armor points then we CAN take the spirit vests and this will bring us back to 50 even though we were higher which is what I expected. So the glitch with the Spirit Vest occurs only if we have armor between 50 and 100.

6_ (not so) NEW ! In the Loadout Editor if we have James' Golden Jackhammer selected we can't deselect it by clicking on it again, we have to select something else beforehand.

Finis !
From now on I'll only try to help victims because I've reached my limits of glitch hunting and can't decently continue reporting so unless I find something REALLY big I'll be Out Of Order anyway I'd say I've done quite a substantial work in the end ^^

I'm not sure if this is fixable or not but, as Merlijn, if you attack with the Dragonslayer while the Power Bracers are in use and you keep going forward (very quick due to the Power Bracers effect) while the sword is swinging, you kill yourself. :)

No need for a R item for that, you can perform that kind of thing while sliding, it also works with projectile weapons such as rocket launchers :/

There's a bug in the katana low-calibre bullet repel research: if you change the katana for another temporary weapon while you're in the defense stance through the 'hold-the-action-button' feature, you'll still repel low calibre bullets with the new temporary weapon. :(

I think that there's a bug with the cybertaur sheathing research as well: according to my understanding it's supposed to increase the life of Mikko and Micky by 20, isn't it? Since researching it Mikko's max life have been dropped by 10, making it 170 - I'm pretty sure it was 180 before the research. I think (again) that this research project alongside the multi-function ceramics should make his life reach a max of 200... :thumbsup:

Micky's life hasn't changed. I started 'Ghost Ship' once with 125, but after health dropped below 100 it wasn't possible to regain the 25 points left. :)

It doesn't affect Micky, it affects Rusty, you'll start levels with 140 instead of 120 ^_-

As for Mikko I've had that same impression of starting with 180 before, I suppose the research for MSC materials was intended to be done after the Sheathing but since the latter was absent in Ep1 it's most likely to be a bug

Uhm… I didn't know the cybertaur sheathing affected Rusty. I didn't play as him before the research so I didn't notice the increment in his max life. :thumbsup:

I guess Micky starting with 125 health points is related in some way to his starting life/armour bug you reported some time ago. :)

View PostRhaisher, on 12 December 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Uhm… I didn't know the cybertaur sheathing affected Rusty. I didn't play as him before the research so I didn't notice the increment in his max life. :thumbsup:

I guess Micky starting with 125 health points is related in some way to his starting life/armour bug you reported some time ago. :)

Indeed, right now I started a level with him with 144 HP and 100 armor which is lucky because usually I get the difference on APs (for instance if I start a level with 104 HPs I'll most probably have 96 APs).

BTW I can report a bug !

It looks like the request for a Airborne Supply delivery doesn't work on Tower Of Life.
It is either related to the patch or something else ...
It's supposed to drop in front of the Buddha statue with the Atomic Missile right ?

Wouldn't it be nice if he got a patch out before Christmas?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The zaxtor hologram has a bug.
When you don't have it you can "Still spawn it" by pressing H
And if you press H many times you flood of holograms.
They deactivate as soon you have the hologram and press H or probably Enter.

User is offline   Jblade 

wow, that's a dumb error on my part :thumbsup: thanks for letting me know!

There is a bug that I'd like to report. When talking to the shopkeeper, you can look at the other characters weapons by pressing the turn left or turn right keys. Weirdly though when pressing the right key on James weapons will bring you to Mikko's weapons, skipping Micky, but pressing left on Mikko will bring to Micky's weapons (Pressing left again will bring you to James weapons). But When pressing right on Micky though will bring a blank screen, showing no weapons at all. Pressing right doesn't do anything, but pressing left will bring you to James weapons.

Attached Image: duke0038.png

View PostJolteon, on 28 December 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

There is a bug that I'd like to report. When talking to the shopkeeper, you can look at the other characters weapons by pressing the turn left or turn right keys. Weirdly though when pressing the right key on James weapons will bring you to Mikko's weapons, skipping Micky, but pressing left on Mikko will bring to Micky's weapons (Pressing left again will bring you to James weapons). But When pressing right on Micky though will bring a blank screen, showing no weapons at all. Pressing right doesn't do anything, but pressing left will bring you to James weapons.

Attachment duke0038.png

This has already been reported a while ago, it does the same in the Loadout Editor

Sorry. I didn't know it was already reported.

View PostJolteon, on 28 December 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Sorry. I didn't know it was already reported.

Don't worry, I don't think it's bad reporting things back especially if old ^_-

Greetings !!

Just reporting a very weird texture bug in 2Bizzare ^^

Attached Image: duke0000.png

Attached Image: duke0001.png

Attached Image: duke0002.png

Attached Image: duke0003.png

Do you think it's related to the fact I have the textures of Ep3 for Snowfall's maps or do you think it's a random glitch just like the one I had reported in Megabase ?

User is offline   Jblade 

The game isn't loading the art file for 2bizarre, it's probably an old bug or oversight with the snapshot included with the TC.

Hi again !

Found a new small bug about water ...

When you're underwater the use of the "voice" command can lead to weird results :

1_ If you select "taunt" while underwater the OC won't speak and you won't be able to sprint until you surface. Also if you're kicking your leg sprite won't show but the effect will still be there. The character will speak once out of water.

2_ If you select "taunt" while underwater while in a slow-mo moment you will have the same effects but you'll also be in slow-mo perpetually until you surface and the screen filter will remain in place as well.

I didn't test it with the normal "command" menu but I suppose the same thing could happen.

Greetings !!

Got a few new things to report ^^

1_ Sometimes the Protecta Magazine upgrade doesn't work, the magazine has the upgraded look but holds 12 instead of 16, I can't understand how it occurs though, it doesn't seem to be related to playing in Ep1 or Ep2 mode and it appears to be in effect a bit randomly, probably similar to Zaxtor's Galil glitch.

2_ When you pick the UMP45 (James) up it indicates you get 40 bullets while in reality you get 80.

3_ When you pick the AUG up (James) it indicates you get 50 bullets while in reality you get 100

4_ When you pick the LR300 up (James) it indicates you get 30 bullets while in reality you get 100

5_ Also Whenever you pick an object up and happen to stand on top of a health item the number will change, for instance if you pick up armor the number 100 will be displayed but if you stand on a 30 health bottle it will change to 30.

Minor details I know :/

Hi everyone !

I got a small bug to report, been a while ...

If you press the knife key and and Pause key almost at the same time the game will not pause and the PDU will keep going up and down and up and down until you press its key.

Weird because I don't see how the game could interpret "quick kick + Pause" as a "Scroll Lock" :/

EDIT :

Attached Image: duke0000.png

BTW I think there is a small mistake in the text here.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 18 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

Hello !!

Hey I think I understand what's causing that bug that makes all our upgrades disappear from one mission to the other !

Actually in Millhaven I noticed that during the ending cinematic we actually turn into Mikko (viewable in pause menu and next loading screen) and so my guess is that there must be some sort of "set_char_var **" somewhere in the codes of the levels. For levels such as Millhaven (if it really is the thing) it can be fixed easilly I suppose but for multi-OC missions like on Mars it can be problematic but I hope it can serve as a track for a fixation ^^

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 04 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

Hello world !

I have 2 things to report :

1_ With James' XM-8 there is a small glitch. For it to happen you need full ammo for the XM-8 and find another one on the ground. If you have between 190 and 200 shots remaining stepping on the gun will replenish ammo without making it disappear and it's doable infinitely as long as you have 190 shots or more remaining.

It's similar to the original Duke3D glitch with Pipebombs allowing you to get 1 for free...

2_ When you're playing as Sang, pressing H (or matching key) for using the Mirror Orb while in use of the Flying Pitchfork will spawn a Duke sprite falling to the ground and it will disappear when it reaches the ground.

Attached Image: duke0001.pngAttached Image: duke0005.png

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 19 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Dunno if this counts as a "bug", but I DL'd the AMC TC Ep 2 from ModDB yesterday.

To keep a long story short and eliminate all the needless swearing: the archive I got was missing WGGAME.CON and the .BAT file. Meaning I can't run the thing at all. I try just using EDuke32, but it doesn't work.

....so, do I have to redownload the entire thing, or can someone just send me the files I'm missing?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Why would the AMC TC have a WGGAME.CON? Something must be wrong on your end. Clean out your EDuke32 folder.

View PostHendricks266, on 22 March 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Why would the AMC TC have a WGGAME.CON? Something must be wrong on your end. Clean out your EDuke32 folder.

I made a clean install to an AMC TC folder, but the stupid thing was trying to read from my 3D Realms Anthology Duke Nukem 3D folder...hence me wanting the .BAT file for AMC.

Redownloading it from MSDN now.

For the record, I've WANTED to play this for a very long while, but the last time I tried was on a POS Dell Dimension L933r that crashed when it was loading the menu. My current PC can play Attrition and other more modern mods without issue, so I would love nothing more than to dive into AMC and just enjoy it.

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 22 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options