Duke4.net Forums: EP2 bug reports - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

Wise choice now you're talking.

Since I've backed up multiple months of play from Ep1 over to Ep2 there sure must be things that only people like you who start freshly on Ep2 can stumble accross.

HI again !

I got some new things to report !
(tis' getting hard finding new things)

1_ The sprite of Geoffrey in the cinema of City Under Siege is also too small just like with Mikko whereas Micky's sprite has good size.

2_ Small display bug with Geoffrey's HUD :

Attached Image: duke00 + Geoffrey MAC 10 hands.png

It affects only this item as far as I've seen, I'd like to test if the same happens with the air filter I know where to test that, keep in touch for that.

3_ I have noticed that Geoffrey's hands when in use of the MAC-10s aren't gloved, they look like normal hands although they have a slightly weird color but what's sure is that they're not green and therefore not gloved. I don't recall seeing this with any other OCs.

4_ I've had the bug in Zeta Base but I have new things to report along with it. So I was playing as Geoffrey and when I used an elevator to get to the upper part of the level I turned into Mikko so I used the console to revert to Geoffrey BUT I needed to go back through the elevator in order to retrieve a temp weapon I need for the upcoming section, so I did and when I got back to the upper part I didn't turn into Mikko BUT ALL enemies were dead !
When I first got there and turned into Mikko I just dropped my current temp weapon in order to go back and get the other one without activating any of the enemies (I didn't get spotted) and when I got back there were corpses everywhere the enemies were supposed to be standing !
I don't know if it's the "setvar CHAR *" that killed them but I'm sure it's not the fact that I went in, out and back in that killed them because I had done it previously with Mikko and Micky and nothing had happened to the enemies so it must be the setvar CHAR that killed them but I didn't hear anything. I also didn't hear anything when I went back to look for the other weapon I wanted to bring. It seems that when playing as Geoffrey the level wants you to play as Mikko in the upper part and if you change OC (which is not supposed to happen normally), go back in the previous level and then back here it will "remember" the fact you're Geoffrey but it will "forget" about the state of the enemies. (ain't an expert but just venturing a guess)

EDIT : As I was writing all that I noticed something. I had played as Mikko previously and then changed to Geoffrey without launching a new game and I noticed that in my inventory with Geoffrey I have the cog the same cog that I found when playing Zeta with Mikko. And now I have noticed that all the temporary weapons of the upper part of Zeta Base that I had used with Mikko when I played as him previously are gone, the auto-save points don't work and there were not ammo at places where there usually are ammo.
In other words that whole level has kept in mind the state in which I left it when I played with Mikko and applied it to my playthrough with Geoffrey !
For instance I perfectly remember having left an AK-103 near the door to the last portion of the level with Mikko in order to have the AP-Slugs available to use and right now with Geoffrey that same gun is where I had left it ! That's an extremely weird bug there is something wrong going on with "Zeta Base Upper" when playing as certain OCs because that never happened to me when I played as James, Micky and Zaxtor long ago and recently with Mikko.

5_ When using the "setvar CHAR" command you lose all the upgrades you had bought. I can't yet tell if you lose the upgrades of the OC you want to turn into or if you lose really every single upgrade you had bought but still. But you don't lose your credit though, so buying them back shouldn't pose a problem.

There, I'm sorry it's such a long post but the bug with "Zeta Base Upper" is so strange and apparently complex that I want to explain with maximal detail in order to make sure it'll be understood and able to help fixing it.

User is offline   Jblade 

Number 4 is due to using an older snapshot, it's a bug that was fixed by helixhorned - if you update to the latest Eduke32 snapshot it should fix it.

ETA on the next bug-fix release my friend?

You mean replacing my EDuke32.exe by the one of the latest download ?
Isn't this going to screw up things like voxels or rendering ?

EDIT : the display bug with Geoffrey's HUD also affects the air filter, here's the proof :

Attached Image: duke0000.png

As you can see the "infinite" symbol is at the same place as where the flashlight was in the previous screenshot.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 20 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

Not sure if anyone has reported this but when you research the AMC Troop Laser Gun. You see the AMC troops ejecting bullet casings even though they're firing lasers. This is easier to see if you go to the shooting range in the Armory section of the AMC Base.

This post has been edited by KillerBudgie: 20 August 2015 - 05:44 AM

You could say the same for Geoffrey's default pistol ejecting bullet casing when upgraded to fire lasers, I don't think it's a bug.

User is offline   Jblade 

it won't be for a while - I've got other commitments and stuff (most notably my job that keeps a roof over my head :D)

I got some new developments concerning Rusty :

1_ Remember when I told you that using the bayonet of the AK74 or the FG42 would sometimes grant me free bullets ? Well I think I have discovered how it happens : Actually when you enter a cinematic while you have one of those selected you can press the melee button in order to strike the bayonet during the cinematic; at the end of the cinematic you will have 1 free bullet for every strike of bayonet you performed. For instance in Millhaven when entering the library with the AK74 I pressed the melee button 8 times during the cinematic and so I resumed playing with 258 bullets instead of 250, and recently in the first HK map when the train stops I pressed the melee button during the cinematic and got 2 free bullets for my FG.

2_ Only the FG42 has that. I have the FG42 with the accuracy and ROF upgrade and the Silver Bayonnet. When I strike with the bayonet it plays a firing sound, and then I noticed it really was firing the gun BUT FOR FREE ! In other words I potentially have infinite bullets. However in order to work you must not keep the melee button pressed, you have to keep hitting the button not holding it and you'll see that your mag and ammo won't be used (AKA free shots).
I don't know what's causing this it might be linked to the fact I can't know what bayonet I have because the text in the loadout editor doesn't change color but I'm not sure I'll have to see if the bug occurs with the regular bayonet but I don't think the AK is influenced by that, I'll see about this later.

I'll keep that save just in case ...

BTW Rusty's sprite in the cinema of City Under Siege has normal size just like Micky's.
So far Mikko and Geoffrey's sprite is too small.

I have noticed 2 other things :

1_ Last bit of info concerning Rusty's Ak74, What happened is that I killed an enemy using the bayonet and it gave me a free bullet, so it appears that not only cinematics give you free bullets but enemies too but it appears to be random because if it were constant I would have gotten something like ten bullets out of that and yet I got only one (played Tower of Life). It seems that only the killing blows awards you with a free bullet but I may be wrong since that bug is not constant.

2_ I've noticed something weird with the tank vehicle. When you're moving forward and firing the LMG at the same time the tank can sometimes (quite often) want to turn right and/or even turn around. I don't remember seing that in Ep1. It doesn't seem to depend on the OC you're playing as since I've been playing with 4 OCs and that glitch occurred more than once for each. That bug is semi constant since there are time where I can move and shoot normally and sometimes the tank will turn and obviously trying to counter the movement with a different directional key doesn't do anything.
However it looks like moving sideways is not affected by that bug.

3_ Still about tanks but enemy tanks this time. When you destroy an enemy tank its turret is supposed to detach and fall, and yet 9 times out of 10 this doesn't happen, it'll remain attached to it. I don't know if this is related to the area's size, last time I witnessed the turret going off the tank was in the Island Facility where the area is quite wide for tanks and yet it happened rarely. Since it's a 3D enemy I guess this will be a tough fix. Or maybe it's a random effect I don't know but still it's weird to see the turret going off the exploding tank sooo rarely.

4_ it has already been reported I think but still. When you exit the tank the turret will still move along your sight but not until you get far enough from it.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 21 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

A few new things to report again ^^

1_ I didn't know that a warlock had 4 hands O_o

2_ I didn't know that a warlock had 2 left hands o_O

Attached Image: duke0001.png

BTW Sang's sprite in the cinema of City Under Siege is too small just like Mikko and Geoffrey. So far only Rusty and Micky have normal size.

Hi hi !!

I got a few things to report again ^^

1_ The bug I had described concerning Micky's AR GL and Higwire's M16 happened again but with his default AK this time :

Attached Image: duke0005.png

Unlike the other times the sprite is stuck in a firing position and it doesn't move until a few seconds even if I reload or use the sight.

2_ I don't know if it's a bug or not but it happened to me once with Micky, Mikko and Merlijn so I'm wondering >>> In the Shadow Realm when I happen to be low on health (last time I was at 64 with Merlijn) after a while my health suddenly goes back up to its maximal amount. Is it because of that Lo Wang's sword having a special ability or is there something wrong ?

3_ Highwire's sprite in the cinema of City Under Siege is too small. But Merlijn's sprite has correct size. So far only Rusty, Micky and Merlijn have normal size.

4_ Is it normal that one of the bikers is at 2 places at the same time ?

A small portion of the far away sprite is purple which proves it's the same dude as the one on the right. (BTW sorry for the speech bubble ^^)

5_ Here are the display bugs with the Airfilter :

Attached Image: duke0002.png
Attached Image: duke0003.png
Attached Image: duke0004.png

It seems that only James, Zaxtor, Highwire and Micky don't have this problem.

6_ lastly I had made a mistake concerning tanks. When you're shooting with the LMG while moving the tank wants to turn and go backward when moving in any direction, even sideways contrary to what I had told.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 24 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

2_ I don't know if it's a bug or not but it happened to me once with Micky, Mikko and Merlijn so I'm wondering >>> In the Shadow Realm when I happen to be low on health (last time I was at 64 with Merlijn) after a while my health suddenly goes back up to its maximal amount. Is it because of that Lo Wang's sword having a special ability or is there something wrong ?

Destroying the statues restores your health by 100 :D

Weird because it always happened after a long time, not upon destroying a statue, maybe the healing effect of destroying a statue gets stocked in until needed ?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It doesn't happen immediately when you destroy the statue, but a few seconds later when those flying balls rise up and vanish.

That reminds me, those flying balls don't seem to work on that statue at the top of the big tower across the bridge. Possibly something to do with the SOS?

Hieee !!

Newee thingies to reportee !!

1_ First off Zaxtor's sprite in the cinema of City Under Siege is too small but not by far.

2_ Small display problem with Zaxtor's HUD :

Attached Image: duke0002.png

As you can see when we have Magnum shells in store the number is located out of the window and since it's written in grey it's quite hard to read, personally when I have 10 I have the impression to read "01" instead.
Also I'd suggest making it so that we know what shell is selected when playing as Zaxtor, just making said shell's number underlined would be enough.

3_ A display bug concerning enemy health bars.

At first it looks like this :

Attached Image: duke0010.png

Then when the enemy is dead for a split second the bar looks like this :

Attached Image: duke0011.png

You can guess that I've had a hard time getting the second snapshot just right.

4_ Finally I don't know if it's a bug but I'll report it anyway ...

When in use of the tank's LMG it appears that its accuracy depends on the selected gun. I first thought its accuracy was fix and independent but no, here's a screenshot just to show :

I have fired at the wall while having 3 different guns of 3 different accuracies selected all from the same distance and spot. The one on the Left was with Zaxtor's RPG, the one on the Center was with his Golden Shotgun without using the "crouch" button and the one on the Right was with the Galil without pressing "crouch".

Also about Zaxtor's Galil I've been able to play the HK maps with no glitch whatsoever and so I could do it all without ever using the ZML. I'll see about that but it looks like the glitch that prevents us from using its alt-fire occurs only on certain levels, for instance I have NEVER been able to use it in Jungle Base, and the few times I tried I couldn't use it in Repent Base. This will require more testing but since I've sent JBlade a save back then .... but I want to understand since I feel like I'm on a trail ^^

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 26 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

2 new things to report !

1_ I'll describe what I did because it's a bit hard to explain otherwise ...
I was playing City Under Siege as James, I had the Calico as a temporary gun. When I found the MP5 specialty weapon I went back to using the Calico and guess what happened : I was able to use a GL with the Calico with the special crosshair and everything but obviously it still fired normally (and there was the display of the number of grenades I had).
Then later when I obtained the M16+Mossberg if I went back to the Calico I was able to select alternate shells but yet again it didn't change anything.
I don't know if that happens with other OCs but what you must do is have a weapon that has a GL and directly switch to the Calico by pressing 1.

2_ Not really a bug but :
What is this that we see when reloading the MP5 ?

During the reloading animation its fix, it doesn't move and doesn't look like something stuck to the weapon. I suppose it's a reminiscence of an old pre-Ep1 sprite for that weapon...

BTW James' sprite in the Cinema of City Under Siege is too small.
In the end only Merlijn, Rusty and Micky have correct size.

User is offline   Jblade 

it's the gun's belt, that's all. If you move the gun around when it's idle you can see it swinging about (same as the AUG)

I've never noticed that o_O

BTW not really a bug but >> You can wall jump off the ground. If you look the most downward possible you'll be able to wall jump using the ground as a wall but it doesn't take you any further or higher than a normal jump also it's extremely hard to combo them up :/

Found a new oddity concerning James :

Sometimes when dual-wielded the OT-33s has one of them lower than the other whereas most of the time they're at the same level.
For the time being I've seen this only with the OT-33s, I never noticed that with the other dual-wielded guns but I'll keep an eye out for that just in case.

The 24px difference (like with the M-16) is based on my software, I dunno if it's the same difference as far as the display's "coordinates" go but I hope that indication will help.

HI !

Few new things :/

_Weird sprite problem with Sang's fireballs :

I don't recall seeing that with his other projectiles...

_I don't yet understand how it happens but sometimes when you change setting in the Loadout editor, mostly considering Alt Ammo, and then access a mission for the OC you're currently using (non-OC-specific) you can sometimes keep the alt ammo you had selected earlier. For instance I was playing the EDF missions as Sang. I gave him the double saw-off at some point and so wanted alt ammo, I selected the explosive shells but then as I was heading to the Command Center I changed my mind so I went back to the loadout editor and selected the flechette shells and when I entered a mission I happened to have BOTH alt ammo in my inventory whereas I was supposed to have only the second one I selected. It didn't happen all the time so I still don't understand how to reproduce it, it must be linked to the fact you lose your temp weapon when you exit the armory ...

_For some reasons when you're playing Ep1 you'll never be able to earn more than 200 credits, I used to play EDF Mission through Ep1 because I have less clicks to do in the Command Center but I noticed that when I wanted to upgrade a weapon I never got more than 200 credits. While when I do that through Ep2 I do get more than 200 credits.

_I think that's already fixed but just in case. Sang's F2000 firing 2 bullets by 2 while counted as 1 doesn't happen all the time. It seems to be corrected if you have used a Uzi single wielded before using the F2000 but it somehow ends up having that glitch again at some point but not always. This at least confirms what James said when I first reported that bug ^^

BTW I never noticed it before but the "New LA" (Moon) map indicates that there is a secret there O_o I dncliped all around the place and found nothing. Is this some sort of accidental inclusion or is there really a secret in it ? And if there really is a secret any hint about its location ?

User is offline   Jblade 

BTW I never noticed it before but the "New LA" (Moon) map indicates that there is a secret there O_o I dncliped all around the place and found nothing. Is this some sort of accidental inclusion or is there really a secret in it ? And if there really is a secret any hint about its location ?

In the fountain - it's a leftover since originally there was some treasure in there but I removed it as given the nature of the map it would of been exploitable to get free easy treasure.

Really ? You mean in the swimable part ? I went there a few times and it never counted as a secret O_o

Anyway I see, it would have definitely been too much of an exploit, even though we already got an easy money exploit by beating the purple triads with a flaming weapon.
Maybe next time you'll replace said secret by an Easter egg ? Or a decoration item or whatever ^^

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You mean the treasure re-spawns when you enter the map? Wouldn't it be possible to make it so that treasure can only be picked up once?

That would make some replay value thrown in the bin, besides if you make a map with a secret that conceals nothing but treasures it would become completely useless

HIIIEEEE !!

Few things to report again :/

1_ When we're in use of laser trip bombs with Highwire we have a "Mag" count that doesn't really belong there ...

2_ Sometimes, I don't know if it's a gameplay mechanic or not, when using Highwire's rocket launcher the rocket happens to pierce through enemies. For instance I once shot a rocket towards a commander and the rocket not only hit him but it also hit the enemy that was behind him and the wall further away. It happens rarely but it does happen at times.

3_ A bit the same with Sang's slot 0 weapons although it happens more often with the Oblivion staff than with the Nemesis staff.

4_ When shooting with Highwire's alternate Dragunov (red mag) the mag count is not affected, it indicates 5 but it never goes down. Also this actually depletes the mag of the regular Dagrunov but fortunately it doesn't consume its ammo.

5_ Not necessarily a bug but ... When we hit a Protector Drone with Highwire's alternate Dragunov they turn grey (normal) but when we hit them in order to shred 'em to bits, the little mass of goo happens to be an invisible wall. Recently I played ABBA and in one of the rooms in the second half of the map I killed a Protector Drone this way and since he was near the door I could get in but not out.
This was already the case in Ep1 but I never thought about it :/

6_ I don't know if it's a gameplay mechanic or not but ... I had played the Secret Base EDF Mission in Madagascar with Sang and in the portion outside to get the blue keycard something happened. A lot of the grey Protector Drones happened to shoot white magic (like Sang's slot 0 weapoon) instead of shrink rays. If it's not a random gameplay mechanic my guess is that it's the same pallet problem as there used to be with Yellow Troopers resuming to normal lasers if they hit themselves with freezing shards. But since there's no real difference between shades of Protector Drones I might be wrong but still.

It's becoming really hard to spot things that aren't already reported ^^

EDIT :

7_ Nasty bug with Highwire's 870 :

On this screen you see that I have 2 magnum shells loaded and 2 in store : Attached Image: duke0000.png

If I reload here's what happens : Attached Image: duke0001.png

Basically whenever we load our last alternate shells, even though we have some already loaded, it will turn everything into regular shells. In my case 4 magnum shells go to waste.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 05 September 2015 - 05:15 AM

Hello world !
Been a while ...

I've found this weird glitch during the Pyramid EDF Mission :

As you can see we we're reloading this weapon of Mikko's, some frames are not affected by the different palette of the place. Here it's the flashing green but later in the level I witnessed that glitch again in the red room with the cages with troopers inside and so when reloading the gun would shortly turn to normal color then to the matching color of the place.

I have witnessed something similar with James' LR-300 in that same flashing green place where his gun would have normal color all along. I'm pretty sure these are just missing palettes, it must be an easy "fix" for you guys.

HI HI HI !!

I'm happy to announce that Rhai and I were right about Clear The Coast EDF mission : The patch added something that made the level slow down and down as we progress just like I reported back then.

The thing is I took my original non-patched AMC, took the map and replaced the one from my patched version, played the level. And it remained normal speed from the beginning to the end !
It seems that Rhai was right about the translucent water of the pool in the building because it was not when I played it right nao.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View Postthedrawliner, on 03 October 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

HI HI HI !!

I'm happy to announce that Rhai and I were right about Clear The Coast EDF mission : The patch added something that made the level slow down and down as we progress just like I reported back then.

The thing is I took my original non-patched AMC, took the map and replaced the one from my patched version, played the level. And it remained normal speed from the beginning to the end !
It seems that Rhai was right about the translucent water of the pool in the building because it was not when I played it right nao.

Just played the level yesterday. I'm "replaying" the TC to see if I can beat it in Armageddon difficulty and buy the remaining weapons. Man, the TC rocks. "Clear The Coast" rocks. I was waiting for a patch, but seeing the low activity that this subforum has had during the last weeks have made me decide to put a stop to my wait and enjoy the game as it is now. :)

Howdee !!
(for a change)

Back with a bunch things to report, although some might have already been reported but I'm not sure, besides a small reminder might not hurt ^^

1_ In MegaBase, the screens at the end have a texture problem :

I don't know if that's related to my 1280px resolution or the fact I don't use Widescreen mode but it sure looks weird :/

2_ I got the glitch that allow me to fire free bullets with Rusty's FG42 by using the bayonet again. I'm starting to wonder if it might not be related to the ROF upgrade, I'll have to test this out.

3_ (I think I already said that but I forgot) In the loadout editor for Rusty I can't know if I selected the Silver Bayonet or not, its text always remains in white. The worst part is that I remember that, before my big cfg problem, the text was stuck in blue.

4_ I was able to select both the Golden Saïga 12 and the regular one with Highwire but it doesn't seem to create any conflicts unlike the old bug with Zaxtor.

5_ I have watched Rodrigo's playthrough and I saw he took the Skull Lamp decoration item in Wet Dreams. Since I have nothing at that place that means I did get it. I read it was a decoration item for Sang. Then why is it nowhere to be found ? I heard it was supposed to be on his desk along with the other items like the Mug or so but it's really nowhere to be seen.

6_ I have played Ep1 again and once again we lose upgrades while we're not supposed to (keep in mind I always buy from Base) :

_If you play Millhaven you'll keep all your upgrades except for Mikko's.
_If you play Revolution and reach James' part, you will lose the upgrades you would have previously bought for him.
_If you play Providence while having bought upgrades for Sang, you will lose them. Noticeable in the second part of Sang's part where you find his Slot 4 weapon.
_I think you lose James' upgrades when you start Providence as well but I'll have to check that out again.

7_ I think the upgrades bought from a vending machine in a level are supposed to last for the duration of the current level, yet the upgrades I had bought for Geoffrey in Disbase got carried on till the very end of the episode.

8_ I don't think it's a bug but why is it almost always raining at the base ? 75% of the time when I'm at base it's raining, I know it's in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean but still :/

9_ Finally I think I already said that but your melee weapon will be changed if you get to play as a different OC in a level that has a different melee weapon, in my case after Sang's first part in Providence James' had his melee item turned into Sang's. The same happens in Revolution.

BTW Nice to see Jack O' Lanterns in the base ^_-

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 16 October 2015 - 11:41 PM

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options