Duke4.net Forums: EP2 bug reports - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

I got a few new things to report as well :

1_ You remember back then I told you guys that the enemy life bar would turn into a switch's sprite before disappearing ? Well for some reasons this time it turns into a blue Key Card Reading spot's sprite o_o

2_ About Rusty's AK74 (I suppose the FG42 is also concerned) when you're riding a bike while having that weapon selected, if you press the melee button you will not only invisibly strike things with the bayonet but you will also generate free bullets for each swing ! You can do that during cinematics as well. Thing is that it will put you into GL mode while riding the bike but you'll still be able to generate free bullets. I didn't test this too much but I could generate bullets above the normal maximal amount so I'm pretty sure you can go pretty much infinitely upward and I'm sure you can do the same with the FG42.

3_ You can do exactly the same with the Hovercraft, however you will damage it for each swings.

4_ Rusty's Nailgun and AK74 are also affected by the weird glitch I had described earlier with Highwire's M16 and Micky's default AR. sometimes upon selecting the gun will appear more downward than usual and after a few second the GL's reloading sound will play and in the case of the Nailgun a case matching the selected grenade type will be ejected. Fortunately those bugs don't consume grenades and don't prevent us from firing.

BTW I've tried to reproduce the glitch that allowed me to fire free bullets by using the FG42's bayonet. At the base if you use DNstuff or such it will not occur. I'll have to try and do a level with it without buying any upgrade. Either that glitch occurs on precise levels similar to Zaxtor's Gallil's ZML or it's the Accuracy or ROF upgrade that does that.

HI HI HI !

Some new buggies to reportee !!
This'll end up being my trade mark if this keeps up :/

1_ Amazing what you can do with ropes these days ....

Attached Image: duke0000.png

BTW When I reached the place where you're supposed to use the rope, it didn't show up in the screen. I suppose that if I had reached said place with the toolbox in stores it is its sprite that would have shown up ...

2_ Amazing what you can do with motorbikes these days ...

Attached Image: duke0001.png

And it works mighty fine too !! Just as if you were on land. However there's no way to go back up XD Also according to how you fall in the water you will sink at various speeds. If you were slow then you'll sink like a rock but if you were going fast you will slowly sink while slowly slowing down without possibility to speed up until you reach the bottom. Eventually when you fall in the water with it the bike will first make a big bounce before sinking into the depths.

3_ I've made some testings and I can confirm that it is the ROF upgrade that makes Rusty's FG42 fire free bullets when using the Bayonet. The others upgrades don't have any influence. It seems that if you obtain this gun with its upgrades by using a cheat it will not have that glitch.

4_ I've noticed something about weapons with a GL. I looks like the bug I had described some time ago seems to occur only if you deselect the GL by changing weapon instead of pressing its number again or using the fire-mode menu.

5_ The display glitch I had described recently in MegaBase didn't occur last time I played it and yet I didn't change any of my settings although I did play as a different OC. I doubt playing with a particular OC can produce display glitches that wouldn't occur with others but since playing as Merlijn in MegaBase has some minor differences then maybe it's actually possible :\

6_ When you're in the water (either submerged or on the surface) you can sprint for a longer time if you hold the melee button down. This works better and more visibly when on the surface but it still has the effect when underwater.

Hi again !!

Quick report of 3 things.

1_ I've had a weird bug with the new SG ammo system. This only concerns the secret level of Loke's map, I did it twice using the Striker and both times the glitch happened :

Basically when firing I not only deplete my mag but I also consume ammo in stores, in the end 1 shot counts as 2. The same goes for the alt ammo as well. As far as I've seen this only occurs on that precise level because the first part of Loke's map is not affected and it goes back to normal once the secret level is completed and I've never experienced that bug on any other level.

I'm keeping the corresponding save file just in case you need it for fixing.

2_ I have upgraded the included EDuke to the latest version as I heard that it would fix some bugs. However it has created one glitch as far as I've seen and it concerns the beginning of Ep2 and slow motion.

Basically what happens is that when the dream or Ep2 starts, the display flickers with black bars a bit for a second. Whenever a slow-motion is in effect the screen turns red which is normal but the same flickering happens with whiter shaded bars. I tried to take screenshots of those but it does not capture them. I don't know if that's related to my resolution or the fact I don't use widescreen but it's still weird. At least it happens only on 2 instances...

3_ When I upgraded I thought it would fix a bug I had noticed before but never thought about reporting it, it's more of an EDuke32 bug I suppose but happens only on AMC so I don't know. The thing is I can't change contrasts !
I can lower the contrasts setting but I can't increase it. it is the only option in overall that is bugged. I tried using different keys and even the mouse but it just won't move rightward.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

For once, it's not tdl who's reporting a bug, lol. :) IIRC, we discussed this issue or bug (whatever you want to call it) in the past in the 'general' thread -when we were listing the 'decorative items'- but we didn't conclude it. Yesterday, I decided to start a new game (in a new folder, so I didn't have anything researched/bought) and realized that, indeed, there's a bug in Sang's 'Skull Lamp' decorative item.
The thing is that this item exists at the same time in Sang's room and 'Wet Dream' (or something like that), so Sang starts with it already on his nightstand and IF you grab it in 'Wet Dream' (making it disappear from the map) it disappears from Sang's room as well. :P
I was shocked when I played as Sang before beating 'Wet Dream' and realized that his lamp was already there. :)

So according to you if we want to get that object back we would have to delete the file that handles those and refrain from picking it up in Wret Dream ?

Fortunately it is the very only item to sustain such a bug but I think I already reported it in this thread but it's sure that it had been reported in the general thread as well ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

No no it's nothing as complicated as that - I forgot to give the lamp a proper setting in the base map which is why it disapears when picked up in Wet Dream. I've fixed it now, thanks.

There's a... weird bug in the Arsia Mons mission. I decided to replay the mission right after finishing it (searching for those coolant capsules I mentioned in the general thread) and every character started with the equipment and upgrades they had when I first beat the mission (Micky even had a gas mask in his starting equipment :)). Not only that, Unknown Space Station (upper floor) goes beyond that and all enemies are dead (the way I killed them in my previous playthrough) and all doors are open. It breaks the game, because there's no red keycard and, hence, you can't access the PATCOS chamber. :P Is there a way to summon one of those via the console or do I have to abort the mission?

Edit: Apparently is "spawn accesscard 21" :)

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 06 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

That's an old bug, it's been fixed over here (it's both a problem I overlooked and also previously a bug with Eduke) :)

Speaking of EDuke I had tried playing with the latest EDuke32 and I don't advise it because not only of the things I reported recently but I also noticed that Zaxtor's Galil glitched out even more and the Zilla Rocket Launcher could no longer fire Atomic Bombs, the sprite would change accordingly but you'd never hear the voice and the light would never turn green.

User is offline   Jblade 

I just tested it and it works fine, there's no problems there at all.

Weird ...

Anyway I won't use it again, BTW as I said I can't change contrast, I can reduce contrast but I can't increase it and if I reduce it then it'll be permanent unless I use "default". That's the only problem I have with the included EDuke32 and the latest one did not fix that problem :/

ETA on the next patch, my good sir?

User is offline   Jblade 

I don't know, sorry - my time's limited right now and I'd rather focus on ep3 development but if my work schedule clears up I will try and get something out.

You know with the gargantuan amount of bugs me and some other people have reported you definitely should have something to release ^_-

Although I'm pretty sure that compiling everything up and making a list must be tough work :/

View Postthedrawliner, on 14 November 2015 - 04:43 AM, said:

[...]you definitely should have something to release ^_-[...]

Don't forget that he (and his team) develop the game which we have grown to love on their scarce free time (and for FREE). I'm sure it wasn't your intention but that sounded like if you were pushing him.
It looks like he has been very busy since EP2's release (besides having other hobbies/interests) so keep being patient. After all, 'patience' is the key word in this community. :)
What's more... I already asked him about a patch a few days ago and this was his answer...

Jblade, on 07 November 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

I'm not sure - it may happen but I can't promise anything yet as I'm sure you guys understand Ep3 work is much more important. I won't rule it out though!

No don't worry my intention was not of rushing him, besides I'm a very patient person in nature (most of the time). I was just saying that with all the reports there is definitely enough elements to justify a release in a neutral/objective way.

Besides several times in the past I had used the same speech as you've just did so rest assured that, although Ep3 hypes me because of having listened to the left-in conversation files, I'll be more than patient enough especially if Ep3 has the same effect and shock-wave as Ep2 !

BTW I have something new to report !

Major sequence breaking in MillHaven :

1_ Jump at this place (can be tricky) :

Attached Image: duke0000.png

2_ Wall Jump on that spot :

Attached Image: duke0001.png

3_ Here's where you get to :

Attached Image: duke0002.png

4_ There you are :

Attached Image: duke0003.png

I think long ago before Ep2's release another sequence break in MH had been reported I don't know if it's the same one or not but I doesn't look like it.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 14 November 2015 - 09:47 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postthedrawliner, on 14 November 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

BTW I have something new to report !

Major sequence breaking in MillHaven :

1_ Jump at this place (can be tricky) :

Attachment duke0000.png

2_ Wall Jump on that spot :

Attachment duke0001.png

3_ Here's where you get to :

Attachment duke0002.png

4_ There you are :

Attachment duke0003.png

I think long ago before Ep2's release another sequence break in MH had been reported I don't know if it's the same one or not but I doesn't look like it.

I can't remember what the original sequence break was exactly but it was to get from the start of the map to the library like you have shown. It was because Rusty forgot to block some walls on the cliff, but IIRC it was decided to leave it how it was. After all, finding new ways to progress a level is part of the fun of old school games. The key being that the levels are fun enough that players want to play the full thing anyway.

I see ...

Yeah I agree it's more fun to play it entirely, it's just like as if you were on a tour and skipped all the best things, or watching the first episode of a series and then skip directly to the end :/

Personally the only sequence break that I now always use in the last level of The Final Confrontation. Right at the very start if you look on the right you see that ledge with 2 enforcers on top of a "tower", well you can sprint and jump right on it and skip 3/4 of the level although it becomes harder to navigate because you're attacked from all directions but still. I always use this sequence break because I don't like that level, it's too long, and since it's an ending map I'm feeling like going onto something else.
(it always hurts because I leave 3/4 of the enemies alive which is the opposite of my mentality ^^)

User is offline   Jolteon 

There are a few glitches I'd like to report.

Not sure if this one was reported before. When you're playing as rusty and are holding his 8th slot weapon (forgot the name of it.) If you turn right, and moving forward, his weapon gets cutoff. Here's a screenshot I took of this cutoff. I was playing a usermap when this happen though.

Attached Image: duke0005.png

There is a way to get on top of the mountains as well as the buildings you see in the background in the amc base. Getting up there requires the flamethrower turret in Micky's room, as well as how big the trees are (I didn't realize the trees sizes were random, at least I think they're random). Place the flamethrower turret by the trees that are near the upper right corner of the fence, then just jump on them and if they're big enough, jump onto the hill, and now you can go to those buildings.

Attached Image: duke0009.png Attached Image: duke0010.png Attached Image: duke0011.png
Attached Image: duke0012.png Attached Image: duke0013.png Attached Image: duke0017.png

That's all the glitches I am aware of, for now. I'll let you know if I find more.

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 18 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

The sprite being cut off the edge of the screen is not a real bug it's just that the sprite is slightly too small and it was not positionned with the idea that people would do as you did and pay attention to it.

You could say the same for Rusty's M-41C for instance, the most flagrant case being Geoffrey's Golden Shotgun in which case you clearly see that the bottom of the sprite is far from the edge of the screen, same for his pistols for which the right side is cut off.

View Postthedrawliner, on 19 November 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

The sprite being cut off the edge of the screen is not a real bug it's just that the sprite is slightly too small and it was not positionned with the idea that people would do as you did and pay attention to it.

You could say the same for Rusty's M-41C for instance, the most flagrant case being Geoffrey's Golden Shotgun in which case you clearly see that the bottom of the sprite is far from the edge of the screen, same for his pistols for which the right side is cut off.

I thought it was a bug. When I noticed that the weapon was cut off, I just thought that was weird. Guess I just got confused. :) :)

Yeah I thought myself that it was a bug as in the resolution was too big or the fact I'm not using Widescreen but it turns out that it's just a problem of sprite size ^_-

Actually you can have an idea of the size of some of them just by looking into the Shopkeeper's screen in which the weapons' FPS sprites are fully displayed. For instance you'll see in this screen the entire sprite of James' MP5 which is way bigger than what you see ingame whereas Geoffrey's golden SG or Sang's F2000 you'll see that it has the same size as what you see ingame which is why it is cut out when you move a lot like you described.

But as I said Rusty's weapons aren't the most noticeable and disturbing cases, the worst is Geoffrey's golden SG and maybe Rusty's M-41C (this one was actually even worse in the original Ep1 game in which it had a different sprite)...

Okay. I did check the shopkeeper just now to see the size of those weapons (at least the ones you mentioned). I understand about it now. :)

HIEEEE !!
(for a change)

I got some new developments on a a bug I recently reported and a (not so) new bug which I believe was already present in the original Ep1 ...

1_ Already reported in the original Ep1 I think. If you use Silver Bullets with James' 1911 this will actually not only use up silver bullets (which is normal) but it will also use up regular bullets (which is NOT normal). I remember playing Providence once or twice with the 1911 and saving up on silver bullets as back up ammo (that's why I think I already reported back then but can't remember for sure) and so when I got to something like 16 normal bullets I'd switch to normal and be able to fire only 16 of them before '"running out". Yet what I described is not 100% accurate because I played Loke's map and while I had 200 regular bullets and 100 silver, I fought the boss with them and when I fully depleted the silver bullets I was down to something like 128 regular bullets, as if using silver bullets counted as 3/4 of a regular one.
I don't remember seeing that phenomenon with the UMP or Micky's Longslide I'll have to test those out just to see.

2_ I have given the Spirit Vests a more serious try and it didn't take long to see a pretty nasty bug but I suppose this one's clearly due to the engine. Since they now provide 50 armor points the game actually never considers that we have the "maximal" ammount of points for the current armor and therefore the thing is that you can keep on picking the spirit vests even if you're still at 50 which makes for wastes. I can't tell what effect that will produce if we have more than 50 (like after picking a sphere for instance) but it feels like it's going to be bad, I'll be testing that later.

3_ I reported that for some reasons with James' Striker we would have a bug that makes shooting consume both your mag and in-stores ammo BUT I recently played Providence with the Auto-5 and it happened as well and it affected alt shells too. With some more testing it appears that this glitch is partially linked to having a lot of ammo and a bit of alternate shells with us and it might also be linked to the fact when we want to switch to regular shells it happens to switch to another type of shells (this can be seen in Rodrigo's playthroughs) but I seem to have find a way out (Rodrigo seems to have found it as well). It happens with regular ammo most of the time and if we switch to alternate than back to normal it always fixes the bug.
BTW I still have conserved a save with that glitch's occurence, just in case you need it for fixing. (I can still reproduce a new one if necessary).

4_ This concerns SGs like James (except Jackhammer) and Highwire's R870 (Rusty's over-under too). If you have maximal ammount of ammo for these and switch to alternate shells while you had some in mag then you will go above the limit because it gives them back to you (fortunately) but then if you happen to pick up ammo it will be brought back to the normal maximal limit and so there will be a waste. I suppose this is due to the game's engine or ammo system, it can be reproduced with Rusty's bayonnet fitted guns if you generate bullets above the limit like I reported back then but if you pick ammo you will go back to the normal limit.

I'll briefly update on those bugs I'll have to test out next week-end. Anyway I think I've reached the limits now, I haven't seen anything new, I mean really new, that was worth reporting apart from display glitches like the ones people reported on the Hidden Pagoda and such. After my small tests I think I'll be OOO on glitch hunting ^^

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 22 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

I just noticed something, but idk how it happened though. When I played AMC earlier today, I just noticed that all of my gold weapons are gone, even though I already purchased them (Even the characters are no longer carrying them). Now I have to buy them again. :)

Again Idk how it happened though. It just did. But I still have some of the other weapons I purchased though, it's just the gold ones I have to rebuy.

It sounds like it's a problem related to one of your files in the DATA folder of the game ... There is a file that handles weapons you bought and the status of the Shopkeeper and so there might have been a problem with that specific file but you said that not all your weapons were taken out which is weird ...

Since it's only the golden ones it then might be a problem related to another file of the same folder that handles episode completition and so a problem might have made it so that the game no longer considers that you finished an episode in Expert and therefore strips you of all your golden things but I can't tell you which file handles that.

In any case in my opinion it has to do with some files of your DATA folder since this is where the files handling things like weapons, medals, research, level completion, and such are located.

Well, thankfully, I did backed up the data folder a while ago, in case something bad happened, but idk what file had the gold weapons though. So i'm kinda in the dark here. :)

I still have the golden medals in the levels though, it's just the gold weapons that are missing.

Well since I won't be on my "AMC PC" until Week-End I'm afraid I can provide you with more support but I maintain what I said, there is a file in the DATA folder that handles the weapons you unlocked for the Shopkeeper (including the golden ones).

BUT in the end if you want to keep it simple and buy them back here's an exploit that will help you built up tons of money >> Play the Hon-Kong levels with a character that has a flame based weapon (Zaxtor's Firestorm, Rusty's M-41C alt fire, Sang's Fire Spell and Micky's flamethrower) or use an OC to which you assigned the temporary Flamethrower and try to kill all the Triads you see, this will cause a glitch that will count their death way more than once (triggering lots of slow-mo' BTW) and in the end you will finish the level with more than a thousand kills and so tons of budget.
The stronger the weapon is (like Zaxtor's) the longer the glitch occurs and the bigger your profit will be but you'll have to be patient for the continuous slow-motion to end ^_-
It's eisier and more fun than replaying the Beach over and over or trying to fix a file we're not even certain of its nature but I will try to look it up accurately in the upcomming Week-End unless JBlade bestowes an accurate answer upon you beforehand ...

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 23 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

Okay. When I get the chance, i'll go ahead and do just that, to get my gold guns back (Does it count as cheating though? Since I lost the gold gun from a glitch that happened, it's not really cheating, right? :) ).

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options