Duke4.net Forums: EP2 bug reports - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

User is offline   Rhaisher 

There's a bug in James' 'Russian-assault-rifle-speciality-weapon' (whathever it's called, I don't remember its name and I'm not at home right now to check it) alt-fire (grenade launcher) menu: the numbers don't correspond to the choice they're supposed to do. :D

That really bothers me on that moment I did use Dnclip without the console and the game still gave me the Armagedon medal, your anti-cheat system seems to have a few flaws or maybe this is just me :/

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

I always thought that the anti-cheat thing applies to console cheats, because I did not get any medal, but maybe thats just because I played on Easy first. I am not really sure I am able to even beat it on any higher difficulty, seeing how the last boss is really annoying at times.

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postthedrawliner, on 05 April 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

That really bothers me on that moment I did use Dnclip without the console and the game still gave me the Armagedon medal, your anti-cheat system seems to have a few flaws or maybe this is just me :/

There's nothing I can do about this, but if the player gets stuck in an impassible situation due to a bug or whatever than having an exit is necessary. There are plenty of ways to cheat the stuff we've put into the game, it's up to the player to decide if they want to play properly or not.

I'll take a look at the grenade launcher and see what the problem is.

User is offline   Jblade 

In some good news, I managed to fix the strange bugs with map changing in Zeta base and Millhaven (thanks to XThX2 for the extra bit of info about it being the 2nd playthrough which helped me realize what the issue was)

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postthedrawliner, on 05 April 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

After applied the 2.0.1 patch, console cheat just blocked in Professional skill, not sure if it comes with eduke32 engine update... I just hope I don't get totally stuck on a level and have to restart all over again... :\

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 05 April 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

After applied the 2.0.1 patch, console cheat just blocked in Professional skill, not sure if it comes with eduke32 engine update... I just hope I don't get totally stuck on a level and have to restart all over again... :\

Yes I noticed too, it says "Tried to cheat? Shame on you.".

BTW I found a bug with Zaxtor's equipment, both with and without patch.

I found the Super Galil, I had the AP-SMG equiped and when I selected the gallil in the equipment screen BOTH got selected and if I deselect the Galil it deselects the AP SMGas well, and if I deselect the AP-SMG the Galil remains selected.

Results are that I either have the default SMGs, the Super Galil OR the AP-SMG with the caracteristics of the Galil.
In other words there's absolutely NO WAY I can have the real AP-SMG back and I like this gun T_T

User is offline   Jblade 

Looks like the ability to use cheats via console has been taken out in the newest snapshots, that's not on my shoulders I'm afraid. I've fixed that bug with the Galil and RC-AP though, thanks for letting me know.

User is offline   XThX2 

The uzis of the purple ninjas don't play their firing sound on my end. Is it just me? (The temporary weapon one)

Also the sky goes full black on Island Facility if I use the crouch kick combo to do a sliding kick until the move is over.

Clip counter of Geoffrey's MG doesn't follow the lit area while switching weapons.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 06 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Sky going black when sliding doesn't happen ONLY on that level, I've witnessed it on other levels.

User is offline   Jblade 

The uzis of the purple ninjas don't play their firing sound on my end. Is it just me? (The temporary weapon one)

I don't know why this happens, it happened to the other testers but the sound is definitely 100% in the group file and hasn't been left out. The file's called SMGS.voc, I can only postulate that maybe Megaton has a file with the same name and it's being loaded for some reason (because likewise a file was called subway.voc but for some reason Eduke32 decided to load up the music file from Megaton edition for that so it played music instead of the sound)

The sky black is an engine problem, I can't do anything about that unfortunately. Originally it caused freezes until Helixhorned added something in that just made the sky go black, which at least meant we could use the skybox feature.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 06 April 2015 - 01:09 AM

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostJblade, on 06 April 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

I don't know why this happens, it happened to the other testers but the sound is definitely 100% in the group file and hasn't been left out. The file's called SMGS.voc, I can only postulate that maybe Megaton has a file with the same name and it's being loaded for some reason (because likewise a file was called subway.voc but for some reason Eduke32 decided to load up the music file from Megaton edition for that so it played music instead of the sound)

The sky black is an engine problem, I can't do anything about that unfortunately. Originally it caused freezes until Helixhorned added something in that just made the sky go black, which at least meant we could use the skybox feature.

If it helps I'm not using the Megaton edition.

Also some random thing I found: The personel infos on the computers have some of the longer named characters' names not highlighted properly/going out of the bounds of the graphic. Very minor, but still. (An example is Minerva Armitage's name)

EDIT: Something new I noticed. My loadout preferences on temporary weapons and artifacts are not kept for the different members, only the one I played last with is kept. I play missions I already have finished, but I think it should save my preference on all of them, right? (Upgrades, weapon swaps and the melee weapon choices are somehow kept) If it helps I always hear the weapon toss sound and the "Empty" text comes up.

EDIT2: My kick move is bugged now and everytime I finish a sliding kick, I look at a fixed angle I think, a really sudden and sharp turn.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 07 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostXThX2, on 06 April 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

EDIT: Something new I noticed. My loadout preferences on temporary weapons and artifacts are not kept for the different members, only the one I played last with is kept. I play missions I already have finished, but I think it should save my preference on all of them, right? (Upgrades, weapon swaps and the melee weapon choices are somehow kept) If it helps I always hear the weapon toss sound and the "Empty" text comes up.

What operating system are you on? can you check in the data folder and look for an artifacts_loadout.amctc file? It sounds like they're not being written to properly, which I can only guess must be related to the OS or something like that, since this is the first time it's come up.

EDIT: actually, it might be something else. So can you lay out step by step what you do?

Basically like:
1) load up game
2) change a character's loadout
3) head to a map with that character
4) his loadout hasn't been updated yet

This post has been edited by Jblade: 07 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

User is offline   Rhaisher 

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but after beating 'City Under Siege' in a new patched game (without any progress) as Micky I changed to James to read his phone conversations and they were the same that before beating the level (the AMC base ambient music as well). The level counts as completed, though. :D

Also... I realised that, sometimes, you have to choose twice the alternate ammo type to actually being able to use/load it (tried with the Police Shotgun). According to the patch description, this should have already been fixed, isn't it? :D
The grenade launcher bug that I described two or so days ago happened with the temporary M16 as well: I blew up a Pigcop, tried to change to 'regular grenades' (or something like that, the first option) to see what it was and realised that the M16 was in 'normal fire mode' again, but with the fire mode menu still being shown, so I pushed '0' to hide it and then the M16 returned to the 'grande launcher mode'. :D

Indeed I also witnessed the need to select 2 times alt ammo.
I noticed a few things though, one of them being half-new ...

_I also saw with the LR300 (but it probably happens with other guns but I recall seeing that only with LR300) that the ammo count for its GL tends to be misleading, I recall having 0 displayed and yet still be able to fire one or two more rounds before it switched automaticaly back to normal mode. You guys got something to investigate there ^_-

_I heard about Highwire's phone being glitchy, it's not fixed in the patch but I noticed that Mikko's phone is also glitchy, and if you try using Jame's phone with those characters it's still the same, pressing the buttons will play the sound but the display won't change and no conversation :/ I haven't tested if the Episode One conversations still work ... I guess they do but you never know (too late for me to investigate right now, waiting for week-end).

_The inversion for Geoffrey's shotguns is still present, as in when in the loadout screen when you point at the Plasma Shotgun you actualy have a picture of the Golden Shotgun, I haven't unlocked it yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see that if you point at the Golden Shotgun you see the image of the Plasma one, this must be an easy fix I guess since it's only a matter of sprite assignement ....

_About Zaxtor's Jungle Base level I noticed some sort of bug, I don't know if we can call that a bug or an abusive anomaly : when you exit the level in the end with the timer, first time I did that I reached the exit with something like 3 seconds left and during the cutscene the screen sudenly became all red and as I waited nothing happened, I reloaded and did it again, got out with something like 7 seconds remaining and it all went fine.

_Finaly although it's no REAL bug, when using the hydrojet vehicle its engine sound doesn't loop correctly, I think it was already present in Ep 1 but since its use is obligatory here it's most noticeable, mostly if you start going on gear 4 and 5. That requires just a litlle sound file modification I suppose, not an expert.

User is offline   Jblade 

_I heard about Highwire's phone being glitchy, it's not fixed in the patch but I noticed that Mikko's phone is also glitchy, and if you try using Jame's phone with those characters it's still the same, pressing the buttons will play the sound but the display won't change and no conversation :/ I haven't tested if the Episode One conversations still work ... I guess they do but you never know (too late for me to investigate right now, waiting for week-end).

I just checked ingame and Highwire can't use the phone in episode two.

_I also saw with the LR300 (but it probably happens with other guns but I recall seeing that only with LR300) that the ammo count for its GL tends to be misleading, I recall having 0 displayed and yet still be able to fire one or two more rounds before it switched automaticaly back to normal mode. You guys got something to investigate there ^_-

I need more information, if this happens again send me the save game (jstanf36@gmail.com)

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but after beating 'City Under Siege' in a new patched game (without any progress) as Micky I changed to James to read his phone conversations and they were the same that before beating the level (the AMC base ambient music as well). The level counts as completed, though.

That's not a bug, the phone conversations change depending on what base level 'slot' you're in. If you started a new episode than the base map is chronologically before you do that mission.

So you mean it is intentional that Highwire can't use phones in Ep 2 ? What about Mikko then ?

And as for sending you the save game what do you mean ? I might sound silly but I realy want to make sure I understand that the way you want it to be understood ^^
I think I'll use the "Clear the Coast" map, I'm certain that I got that bug there, I probably also got it in the Switzerland mission but I don't reacall it for sure ...

there are save files in the came directory, the one where you encounter the bug, you attach to an e-mail and send it to James so he can check and see the bug for himself.

This post has been edited by Lt.Havoc: 07 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

You mean for example one of my saves is simply called "AMC" then in the directory there's a file named "amc.sav" ?

If that's the case then it's definitely in my abilities, and I already have an idea of how I'm going to reproduce the bug, you can count on me then ^^
But that'll wait till this week-end because of freaking College I'm not on my PC that has AMC in it :D"

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 07 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

No, the savegames are stored in the files called "dukesav1.esv", "dukesav2.esv" etc. in your AMC_TC main directory and the file where the bug/error occurs you send to James via mail.

This post has been edited by Lt.Havoc: 07 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

I see, so the number corresponds to the slot ?

As in the first slot is "dukesav1.esv" and the last slot "dukesav9.esv" ?

Actualy now you told me that this will help me clear my saves a bit for WGR2 and Attrition because of those pesky auto-saves that always use new slots >_<

Yes the number indicates the save slot.

User is offline   XThX2 

Found an interesting bug. If you start firing the riotgun-minigun and then start sprinting, it will act as if it's shooting (depleting ammo) but won't fire.

Weird indeed ...

And what happens if you slide ?
Does it "non-fire" as well ?

User is offline   XThX2 

View Postthedrawliner, on 08 April 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

Weird indeed ...

And what happens if you slide ?
Does it "non-fire" as well ?

Yes, same thing happens again.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Found some display glitches about clipping on Hidden Pagoda...
(Warning: Spoiler materials...)

Spoiler

Play with 2.0.1 patch applied.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 09 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

That's unavoidable, it's just due to the extensive amount of TROR used in that map. It's a bit of a tradeoff for the visuals.

User is offline   XThX2 

Is the Beach mission finishable? I noticed I need to shrink myself to go through a crack using a window on the truck but this doesn't seem possible considering the current weapons. I think a minor touchup is needed.

I thought this was bugged too, then I noticed that there is that pier you can walk on when you are near the supermarket. Walk to the end and shoot the giant red button you can see in the office (a Enforcer should attack you from there) then kill all those Commanders that attack you and go back down to the beach and swim to the wooden plates and dive down, you should be able to go into a flooded office now and up some stairs into another area, there in one of the offices you can find a mini-shrinker, grab that one and make your way back to the giant truck, jump onto the fridge and shoot the shrinker and have it reflected, if it hits you, get down from there over the car hood into the crack, just dont get squished by the Lizard Trooper.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options