Duke4.net Forums: EP2 bug reports - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

"You don't get skill medals if you cheated" well you're almost wrong there because in the following levell "Abyss" I had to use dnclip because of that organic tower being impossible to reach otherwise I still don't understand why but despite having used dnclip (aka a cheat) I still got the medal for Amragedon difficulty :/
BTW I didn't cheat at all on my first Amragedon attempt at it, surely I saved and loaded tons of times but that doesn't count right ?

I guess it takes into acount the type of cheat you use since for DisBase when I tried re-doing it for the normal exit I used dnkrow and dnclip together, I guess dnkrow sort of overrides medal aquirement, OR the fact I took the secret exit at first simply screwed the thing up and made the medal imossible to obtain which would suck but I don't think it will happen, I'll be able to verify that this Thirsday.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 31 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

I've notices some bugs here and there. On missions with multiple levels (like Zaxtor's jungle base mission), the game has a habit of clearing your gear and resetting you to your standard gear. I don't know if this is a problem on my end, or if people have had this same problem.
Also for :
Spoiler

Asides from those bugs, I've been enjoying the TC so far. Still stuck on Ice Station Colossus thought. Found the UFO, just don't know what to do with it. I hope picking Merlijn didn't screw me over for this.

Appearantly for Ice Station it's a bug with the end-of-level script, I suppose it must end the level when you beat the boss or destroy the UFO's antenna or maybe a door unlocks somewhere but actualy doesn't ...

I haven't been answered for it but I guess that level is unbeatable because of that, it has nothing to do with the OC you're playing as since it happened to me with James.

User is offline   Jblade 

the audio for the foosaperson you meet in Jungle Base starts playing.

...damn, Mikko spotted this but I thought he mistook the audio for the abyss sounds. I just checked and sure enough you're right - I'll fix this right now. Guess I owe him an apology.

When you say gear btw, do you just mean the temp weapon?

View Postthedrawliner, on 31 March 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

Appearantly for Ice Station it's a bug with the end-of-level script, I suppose it must end the level when you beat the boss or destroy the UFO's antenna or maybe a door unlocks somewhere but actualy doesn't ...

I haven't been answered for it but I guess that level is unbeatable because of that, it has nothing to do with the OC you're playing as since it happened to me with James.

I did answer it, I said it was a known bug :D Sorry about that one guys, it's been fixed for the patch.

I've just tested ingame and I carried every one of my items over from the first jungle base map to the second one - so just to be explicit, are you guys sayng your gear is taken when you enter the level? I need a bit more info as I've not had this problem myself.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 01 April 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostJblade, on 01 April 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

I've just tested ingame and I carried every one of my items over from the first jungle base map to the second one - so just to be explicit, are you guys sayng your gear is taken when you enter the level? I need a bit more info as I've not had this problem myself.

Here's what's been happening to me. It happened to me on the jungle, and it happened to me on the mars colony. What happens is, I'll get to the second part of that level, only to find that the weapons I earned have been swapped out for the regular ones. This led to cases where I'd suddenly have Rusty's revolver when I was using his mac 10 for the previous level. It also happened to me on one of the custom missions, the Red Saga missions. Thing is, for that one, the weapons swapped over when i'd gotten to the second level, and it's always the second level.

User is offline   Jblade 

Well, that's honestly got me stumped since it's never happened to me - the only thing I can even conceive it being is perhaps the game's not reading the data array files properly...does the console say anything in the log when you enter the level? What operating system are you using?

Weapons going back to the default ones didn't happen to me on Red Saga, I was using James with his OTs, Auto5 and PP19 and I kept those from the beginning to the end :/

In addition to what JBlade said I'd also suggest the EDuke32.cfg might have not been replace with the Ep1 one, maybe that's not it but you never know.

BTW sorry JBlade I never noticed that you DID answer it ^^;
Mea Culpa.

ALSO I noticed something weird about Highwire's grenades, I don'tk now if it applies to other grenades, like Mikko's or Geofrey's, when the grenade immobilises on the ground the breakable objects of the room break themselves BEFORE the grenade gets to explode and sometimes enemies act like they had seen you even if they actualy didn't.

Is this a bug (concerning objects that break themselves before the exlosion) or is it related to a mechanic ?

As in a mechanic that ensures enemies will suffer from the explosion and take the damage unlike in Ep1 where for example Geofrey's explosive frisbees would just "awake" enemies instead of killing them.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 01 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

It's a bug, I think I know what it is - thanks for reminding me to take a look into it.

BTW last thing I can report so far is that in the inventory screen, on the part of speciality weapon with Geoffrey I've noticed that the icon for the Plasma Shortgun is actualy a Golden shotgun that doesn't look like it, I haven't unlocked it but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Plasma Shotgun's image for the Golden Shotgun as in you guys had inverted their respective images.

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

Not sure if its a bug or not, but I am missing mind shield level 2, its required for mind shield level 3.

User is offline   XThX2 

A bug I noticed with Mikko's auto shotgun (from the loadout) is that, if you have a temporary weapon that is a shotgun that can fire other shell types, switching between those will force the auto shotgun, which can't fire these types, to most of the time also force to reload itself. This is a weird bug because although not always, sometimes this starts eating up your ammo. I think this might be a general issue with other shotgun weapons that reload.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 01 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

The thing is that when you select a different type of shells for a shotgun, the modification will apply to all shotguns that can also do it, so I guess this is a bug specific to Mikko's Assault Shotgun because I didn't witness this for example with James's Jackhammer or Highwire's Saiga 12.

Okay, time to report some more bugs: the first has to do with the FN-FAL as your temp weapon. If you carry it from mission to mission, the mag size suddenly increases for no reason from 20 to over 40 rounds and the gun eats through your ammo really fast that way. Second problem has to do with KAlTech Shotgun and alt ammo: If you feed like say, flechett rounds into the second tube and empty it, you are unable to switch back to the first tube because the game counts it as "empty" and the whole HUD screws up as well. You cant select the Shotgun then anymore even picking up new alt ammo doesnt work. I had both magnum rounds and flechett rounds in my inventory and I could not do anything with them. Also, you cant select the LR-300 anymore even if you still have 40 mm grenades you could use. I noticed that during the end battle with PacTOS, I ran out of ammo for all guns and head to cheat for ammo so I could even beat the map, because alt shotgun ammo didnt count towards the regular ammo count.

User is offline   Jblade 

type weaponswitch 0 into the console to select the empty guns and carry on using them.

Ah, thanks for the info.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Beating EDF Mission 'Underground Fortress' lets you select the non-AMC characters to play with and the filter in the 'mission room' lets you filter out Episode 4 & 5 missions... :D Re-entering the AMC base through the 'briefing room' makes things go back to normal.

Ah thanks you RhaiNukem thanks to you I remember how I got occasion to do that ^^

BTW I tried the only EP 3 map that appeared and it actually sends you back to title screen with your OC on the right while there usually isn't, no big deal in the end :/

BTW2 any idea when you could release a patch ?
That Ice station mission was very good, it's frustrating not being able to beat it because of a bug T_T

User is offline   jake_cobb 

looking good so far.. aside from a few issues (mostly re-configuring the setup a few times), I am now completely stuck. I've got through to the shadow warrior themed levels (now on the island), after using the tank for the second time, which got blown up (sadly) and I noticed that I can no longer jump or manually re-load. I double checked that it wasn't my keyboard playing up and then checked the compiler log (the one that eduke produces) and it seems that after I saved the config was re-written, but not by me?! can only think that it still thinks i'm in the tank. :S

User is offline   Jblade 

What happened exactly - were you in the tank when it blew up? that should automatically kill you, unless god mode was turned on.

User is offline   XThX2 

Ok this is a hilarious bug. I went to the upper section of the Zeta Base as Geoffrey, guess what happened? I turned to Mikko! I was Mikko on the upper level. I went back to the lower, and I turned back to Geoffrey somehow. A really funny bug.

I have some suggestions for Geoffrey. Why can't his GL fire other grenade types? I think this could serve to be a good upgrade for his GL. His shotgun and machinegun also have some frames that go off the screen on certain frames due to some offset errors.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 04 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

User is offline   xenoxols 

The Over and Under shotgun doesn't appear to be able to use magnum hurk shells.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostXThX2, on 04 April 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Ok this is a hilarious bug. I went to the upper section of the Zeta Base as Geoffrey, guess what happened? I turned to Mikko! I was Mikko on the upper level. I went back to the lower, and I turned back to Geoffrey somehow. A really funny bug.

I have some suggestions for Geoffrey. Why can't his GL fire other grenade types? I think this could serve to be a good upgrade for his GL. His shotgun and machinegun also have some frames that go off the screen on certain frames due to some offset errors.

That's extremely bizarre, I can't think how that could even possibly occur.

Geo's grenade launcher isn't a 40mm one which is why it isn't compatible with the 40mm grenades - I should add at least an assault rifle for him so he can utilize them though.

The Over and Under shotgun doesn't appear to be able to use magnum hurk shells.

That's intentional - in the interest of balance, semi-auto shotguns can only fire flechette and explosive shells. Pump-action shotguns, since they're the slowest firing, can fire all shotgun types (Magnum and future ones as well) and fully automatic shotguns can't fire different shell types at all (exception being the AA-12 which has exploding shells as the expander replacement)

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostJblade, on 04 April 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

That's extremely bizarre, I can't think how that could even possibly occur.

Geo's grenade launcher isn't a 40mm one which is why it isn't compatible with the 40mm grenades - I should add at least an assault rifle for him so he can utilize them though.

That's intentional - in the interest of balance, semi-auto shotguns can only fire flechette and explosive shells. Pump-action shotguns, since they're the slowest firing, can fire all shotgun types (Magnum and future ones as well) and fully automatic shotguns can't fire different shell types at all (exception being the AA-12 which has exploding shells as the expander replacement)

If it helps this is my 2nd playthrough and I've had finished my first with Mikko. Weird as I tried to play it again, same thing still happens when I go to the upper section. Really messed up :D

Ok from the new patch:

- Rusty's equipment changes are not reflected when he goes into the power station. I had golden revolvers and they turned to regular ones.
- I was somehow shooting flechette shells from my sawedoff despite not having those, when trying to switch to regular mode from explosive shell mode in Millhaven.
- The reload bug somehow happens with rusty's shotgun too, again, sawedoff related probably.
- The bishops in the Millhaven cave section teleport themselves half buried into the ground (near the c4). And if I jump to the other side, when they teleport to reach to me they are still half buried.
- Book of Viridi does not work on all grass floors, only the Duke one AFAIK.
- The combat knife sometimes does not break breakable objects for some reason.

These are some I found on my playthrough of Millhaven. Will report back some more when I play more.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 05 April 2015 - 06:08 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

I know I was asked this problem on EP1 era, but I totally forgot and I just lazy to find the old post on the EP1 threads, also I'm not sure it's bug or I just did something wrong/stupid so I stuck at "The Abyss" level...

Attached Image: 0000000000000007581468752.png

As the screenshot, I remembered player can go to the "hole" and bump into the air to the next area, but for some reasons, it doesn't let me to that, it just let my James up and down repeatedly. Sometimes, it jumps higher but not enough and fall down... and I'm stuck...did I missing something?

User is offline   Jblade 

That's fixed in the patch.

- Rusty's equipment changes are not reflected when he goes into the power station. I had golden revolvers and they turned to regular ones.

You'll need to send me a savegame for this - also throw in the data folder for me as well. I can't recreate this and it's never happened to me so I believe it's a problem with Eduke32 reading arrays on certain systems or something.

If it helps this is my 2nd playthrough and I've had finished my first with Mikko. Weird as I tried to play it again, same thing still happens when I go to the upper section. Really messed up :D

Ok, that's more helpful as I have an idea what may cause this now.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 05 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

Player Lin, I got the same problem, reported it earlier and never saw an answer for it :/

View Postthedrawliner, on 05 April 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

Player Lin, I got the same problem, reported it earlier and never saw an answer for it :/

I didn't noticed your report... Since I got PDU bug when last time I aborted Dis Base mission and restart with James character.
(Were used Merlijn, and still make the level so hard...Also I don't want missed the time travel semi-secret on that level...)

And I don't want give up my progress(The Abyss level) to apply the 2.0.1 patch... :D

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 05 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 05 April 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

And I don't want give up my progress(The Abyss level) to apply the 2.0.1 patch... :D

Sorry, there's no choice I'm afraid. You can just type noclip into the console to move onwards with the level and it won't count as a cheat.

View PostJblade, on 05 April 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

Sorry, there's no choice I'm afraid. You can just type noclip into the console to move onwards with the level and it won't count as a cheat.

Oh, nice to heard this from you, as I already suspect console cheats do not count as cheating but not sure...thanks. :D

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options