Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms is hiring for new Build Engine Game - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3D Realms is hiring for new Build Engine Game  "Get in touch!"

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Are you experienced with Build Engine?
We're looking for Artists, Level Designers, Game Designers, Animators, Programmers and Techincal Artists with Build Engine experience, for an exciting new 3D Realms Project.
For more info, please email freds@3drealms.com

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I have 19 years of experience on BUILD behind me, but I just want to go on record on behalf of most of the community by saying; what?

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm gonna quote Daedolon with saying "what" and add "why". You already picked up a Doom mapper/coder for ROTT and got him to work with (probably) superior Unreal 3 technology, why take a step back with Build?

User is online   zykov eddy 

I'm ready. Here's my portfolio.

I've made 8 indie games based on build engine, and also lots of mods & maps for regular Duke Nukem 3D. Few of my games used to be hits on Indie sites.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 27 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

I think Duke64Nukem can do that, also I tried to talk to 3DRealms but they didn't say anything back Guessing that is a no for me :) which sucks I love making sure the game works I could say perfectly

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 27 March 2015 - 04:38 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

You should consider hiring the authors/people behind mods such as:

Blood TC
Attrition
DukePlus
AMC TC
Duke bike mod (now included in DukePlus)
WGR2
Sonic3D TC
Duke64 mod
Duke Nukem Forever TC

and many others.

All the people behind the above mods/TCs deserve this. I believe Trooper Dan and Jblade are the most experienced with con coding.

Of course you should consider a close partnership with EDuke32 developers.

Anyway good luck to all.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 27 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Feel free to forward them to my email.
We're currently assembling a team.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Is there a strict deadline here? I know of some really talented people who would definitely be interested, but just might've not heard of this yet.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 27 March 2015 - 06:06 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postsupergoofy, on 27 March 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

You should consider hiring the authors/people behind mods such as:

Blood TC
Attrition
DukePlus
AMC TC
Duke bike mod (now included in DukePlus)
WGR2
Sonic3D TC
Duke64 mod
Duke Nukem Forever TC

and many others.

All the people behind the above mods/TCs deserve this. I believe Trooper Dan and Jblade are the most experienced with con coding.

Of course you should consider a close partnership with EDuke32 developers.

Anyway good luck to all.

Agree with this.
Also Mikko Sandt is getting into coding

View Postzykov eddy, on 27 March 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

I'm ready.

^Also recommended.

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I have experience with Build Engine mapping. Unfortunately most of my old maps were lost in a drive failure before I got a chance to upload them, so I don't have much to show for it, but I have a good sense of flow and fun gameplay, especially for Deathmatch type maps.

User is offline   Paul B 

While Build was a great tool in the day for DOS why not move forward with a project that would be built around the Mapster engine? Build is kind of a dead end street. Mapster has way more flexibility built into it. Mapster is also more reliable and it includes all the existing features of build and improved upon them. Anyway that's just my two
cents.

As some people might know, i'm a expert mapper when it comes to copying and pasting Gambini's works. We make a great team. haha

This post has been edited by Paul B: 27 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

All I can say is I hope Fresch is a whip cracker.
I wanna hear the "Me,me,me!" people crying like little bitches when they realize they're not doing things their way, in their own time, or for fun.

Don't be soft Fred!

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

niice

Does this mean a new build-engine powered game coming in the future? Can't wait to see the return of secrets, cheats, shareware (one episode for free, pay a fee for the remaining episodes), mazey levels, automap, colored keys, custom levels, manual saves, expansion packs, hold alot of weapons, inventory, health and armor pick ups, powerups (ex. invulnerability, invisibility, & soulsphere-like health boosts). interactivity and so on.

Suck it IGN; w/ your pro-graphics whoring and Halo & COD mechanics and AAA Gaming!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 27 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

User is online   zykov eddy 

I think I know what this project is all about... *looks at TerminX*

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostForge, on 27 March 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

All I can say is I hope Fresch is a whip cracker.
I wanna hear the "Me,me,me!" people crying like little bitches when they realize they're not doing things their way, in their own time, or for fun.

Don't be soft Fred!

Currently I am spending most of my awake time working with the Build engine. I also would like to follow someone lead, as deciding what to do is the most exhaustive part.

But getting paid for this? Pfff.

If I was to look at TerminX Does that mean it a Duke Title? usually that is what it means.

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 27 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

User is offline   Hank 

@ Fred, email sent, @ everyone else, I kept this post, since it got upvotes.

http://www.mediafire.../HanksStuff.zip
This is a compilation of all the work I did with the Build engine, Duke 1.3. Please read the Readme file of what I did and what I did not.

Textures. A lot of textures were re-done to look flawless in the Build engine
I do textures now with Genetica Studio and the Gimp. If you don't have a texture artist, I might be able to help you. If you have one, flush it.

This post has been edited by Hank: 27 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postzykov eddy, on 27 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

I think I know what this project is all about... *looks at TerminX*

I'm not responsible for this, though I can see how anyone I've spoken with about similar thoughts might get that idea. I've long thought that with the popularity "retro" stuff currently enjoys, the medium still has the potential to convey a story and be taken seriously.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Whatever happens in the end, I'd really love to see what a build engine "all star dream team" could knock up.

While I might not have a big release history, something like this would definitely be interesting to work on.

Fox has my +1 vote, Duke64 is a good example on what he can pull off with the right ingredients.
Eddy also gets a +1, "wacky" custom mods really give you an idea what sort of wild game play potential there is.

There are some more who would definitely have what it takes.

This post has been edited by oasiz: 27 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

I agreed with post 20

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Well this is really cool to me older games are better anyway. I know and am learning small bits of coding. But I am mostly a mapper who can produce some quality quickly why last year I released 8 from scratch maps and imo they all have quality but you can check for yourself with the email I sent you

Are you guys going to need any voice actors? Because while I'm not very experienced with BUILD, I've been acting and doing voices since pretty much as soon as I could talk. Some of my notable credits include Brutal Doom and AMC TC Episode 2. If you're interested, I've got a couple of demo tapes I can e-mail you.

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Yeah voice acting would be smart to look for to, that's cool you did some voicing on those projects :D And just think we are the cheap versions or you could go buy some people for bigger money heheh

This post has been edited by DNukem: 27 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHank, on 27 March 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

@ Fred
http://www.mediafire.../HanksStuff.zip
This is a compilation of all the work I did with the Build engine, Duke 1.3. Please read the Readme file of what I did and what I did not.

Textures. A lot of textures were re-done to look flawless in the Build engine
I do textures now with Genetica Studio and the Gimp. If you don't have a texture artist, I might be able to help you. If you have one, flush it.

I think you forgot to include the readme.txt in the zip. It's okay, I'll upload it with my readme.txt =P

This post has been edited by Paul B: 27 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPaul B, on 27 March 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

I think you forgot to include the readme.txt in the zip. It's okay, I'll upload it with my readme.txt =P

It's pdf not txt. :D

I'd try applying, but I doubt Interceptor would want some bloke working for them who had to do everything on a Pentium III.

If you were looking for a composer I'd have applied for that, but it's not on the list.

Oh, well. Good luck everyone.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I don't know if i should apply. All i got is the Duke 3d voxel pack, minor art work for the Duke Begins Mod, and a few smaller projects.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostReaperMan, on 27 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

I don't know if i should apply. All i got is the Duke 3d voxel pack, minor art work for the Duke Begins Mod, and a few smaller projects.

Worst case = No. But you won't know for sure until you do. This reminds me, I should actually use the email to get my answer. :D

This post has been edited by Hank: 27 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHigh Treason, on 27 March 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

I'd try applying, but I doubt Interceptor would want some bloke working for them who had to do everything on a Pentium III.

If you were looking for a composer I'd have applied for that, but it's not on the list.

Oh, well. Good luck everyone.

High Treason, your over qualified for a project like this, all the more reason why you should apply. I've seen your work, and quite frankly your one of the most logical and organized minds around the Duke Community. Give yourself some credit! Your work is exceptional. It's quality that counts. =)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 27 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options