Duke4.net Forums: Turok Forum - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turok Forum  "New"

View PostSixty Four, on 28 November 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

Yeah Duke of Hazzard its Shadow Man on steam and anything is better then an emulator :) Plus its cheap on steam its pretty much a port especially while on sale though for $1.24 us currency right now! http://store.steampo...com/app/251770/

I'll get it! Voice acting seems pretty good, I wonder if it's the same voices as on N64? The few N64 games with voice acting had great acting IMO. Unfortunately Goldeneye doesn't have voices, it would've made the game even better (as in Perfect Dark).

Night Dive are heroes for supporting Kaiser's work! :P

I wish Atari had some sense and gave Blood a proper port, but they're lazy and only care about the quick buck. :)

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 28 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 28 November 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

Night Dive are heroes for supporting Kaiser's work! :P

Night Dive and Kaiser are my heroes right now to because they acquired the rights to release Turok, oh yes they had the balls of steel. Good thing Kaiser had already started work on Turok Ex before that happened. I been wanting a level editor for Turok 1 and 2 very bad! can't even express the joy there. That was Turok's main setback... no editing tools at least imo. But all of it is about to change making maps for this game is bad ass! Plus with the possibility of a workshop things are really looking interesting :)

Since Turok never had a level editor this is all brand new so it actually feels like a new Turok game. This will be the best Turok game ever released with the editor :)

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 02 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

User is offline   Steve 64 

Wait is it the rights to the first two games or is it the full rights to the Turok Series?

• Turok Nukem

View PostDemon Duke, on 02 December 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

Wait is it the rights to the first two games or is it the full rights to the Turok Series?

That's sensitive information and is not for me to say, leak, or announce since they didn't release that statement to my knowledge... i'm just testing i'm under an NDA and am limited on what can say. Try asking on the Night Dive Studios twitter page, they seem to be responsive there.

View PostSixty Four, on 03 December 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

That's sensitive information and is not for me to say, leak, or announce since they didn't release that statement to my knowledge... i'm just testing i'm under an NDA and am limited on what can say. Try asking on the Night Dive Studios twitter page, they seem to be responsive there.

Never got a word from those guys on details and Im sure they are really busy at the moment

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 03 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

• Turok Nukem

View PostDemon Duke, on 03 December 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Never got a word from those guys on details and Im sure they are really busy at the moment

Very busy indeed buddy that's for sure and not just with one project. You know they recently released WW II game (well that was sneaky lol) plus you know the System Shock ip news who knows what else they have in there hat. I must say one thing there making positive movement. With 93 games published on steam alone lol

Some things may or may not be to much info to answer publicly for them but i'm just saying there twitter is worth a shot because they seem pretty responsive there, here is a little funny they made :)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 03 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Don't forget to check Vis video for problems I think he recorded 2 to 3 videos of bugs problems in Tuork 2 Mp

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 03 December 2015 - 05:57 PM

• Turok Nukem

I think I know my Turok no need for any videos my friend :)

User is online   Lunick 

They're up to no good

Posted Image

I think some of those guys that was asking was me duke64 and hardcore Turok Guys

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

https://www.facebook...664777180331039

Well... it sure looks like Turok.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Hmm... would this be a Steam/PC game, or do they do console ports also? I know nothing of modern PC gaming or of this studio.

MrBlackCat

• Turok Nukem

Unfortunately a console release has not been mentioned I don't think but I think there will be enough demand for it after its release especially considering Turok is originally a console game(well damn). Steam and gog are confirmed and both Turok 1 and 2 are already in the steam data bases. This is a remaster and not a complete remake so its merely the same game with modern functions, looks, etc etc, and and a possible level editor. So you won't be needing a super power pc to run it but this will be the best Turok game yet with level editor is a big addition its what I'm really looking forward to that hasn't been confirmed.

Seems Turok is trending on facebook something I thought I wouldn't ever be saying :) Let the bandwagon internet hype begin... Yeah guessing it is circle trending hehe I was just joking around with the fans but the facebook and gaming blog posts was quite a bit I saw a lot today and great to see!

Turok is coming back to reclaim his land he is the Son of Stone.

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 07 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

User is online   Lunick 

I thought they mentioned they were looking into a possible console release, or was that Powerslave EX?
https://twitter.com/...983108118548480

As for trending, it is probably just a tailored trend on Facebook.

• Turok Nukem

Nice finding there I completely missed that myself then again I don't have any new console yet hehe so i'm not involved in that not sure about the plans there but I don't think it will release the same time as the pc... Damn maybe I would get one, there just isn't enough interest for me there yet. With this possibilty I might get one but then again i'm mostly interested in pc and level editing :thumbsup:

The countless times I have searched for this always lead to being a bit upset. Now it ends soon so take a last look :)

Here we have Turok telling steam and gog whats up heh don't worry you will know me all to soon

Posted Image

lol remember this one awhile back? Fireseed will be back soon to
Posted Image

Removed

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 15 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Launch trailer.

Coming 12/17/15 to Steam, GOG, and The Humble Bundle!

Wait, why would someone even bother buying it over at Steam or GOG if it comes straight in a Humble Bundle?

User is online   Lunick 

Even though it says Humble Bundle, maybe they mean Humble Store...?

Sweet! I look forward to rocking this, haven't played it since the 90s.

User is online   Lunick 

View PostLunick, on 14 December 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Even though it says Humble Bundle, maybe they mean Humble Store...?

Ding ding https://twitter.com/...556826926714881
Posted Image

• Turok Nukem

So as you know now its coming thursday :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Does the source codes to Turok 1 & 2 exists? If so I would like to see them released under GPL in hopes of user levels and mod support.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDustFalcon85, on 14 December 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Does the source codes to Turok 1 & 2 exists? If so I would like to see them released under GPL in hopes of user levels and mod support.

That's a great idea. They should do the same with System Shock I and II.

We need big players standing up for the open sourcing of old games in a way id Software isn't any more. (see: Keen 1-5 sources)

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 14 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

• Turok Nukem

View PostDustFalcon85, on 14 December 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Well it was said that there is an in house level editor and a possible workshop coming to steam after launch :thumbsup:

Not sure anyone noticed but at 9-11 seconds and 14-17 seconds in this trailer video those areas were never in the game before :)

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 14 December 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostHendricks266, on 14 December 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

That's a great idea. They should do the same with System Shock I and II.

We need big players standing up for the open sourcing of old games in a way id Software isn't any more. (see: Keen 1-5 sources)

Somebody needs to get in touch w/ Night Dive Studios of setting up a github and release the codes under GPL by Twitter or other means. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 15 December 2015 - 05:58 AM

• Turok Nukem

View PostDustFalcon85, on 15 December 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Somebody needs to get in touch w/ Night Dive Studios of setting up a github and release the codes under GPL by Twitter or other means. :thumbsup:

The source code info hasn't been announced to my knowledge... give the game some time to release :) I could try talking with them since I already do. But I'm sure there working on release of the game right now more so then being worried about source codes. And if there is a level editor well....

This is wonderful art imo as a die hard fan of Turok I am A okay with it.

Posted Image

Turok 2 is next!

Here is a little video of the classic T2 SP

• Turok Nukem

Turok is on steam! Someone pass me the jack! What these? ..these..these are tears of joy!

http://store.steampo...com//app/405820
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 15 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostSixty Four, on 15 December 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Turok is on steam! Someone pass me the jack! What these? ..these..these are tears of joy!

http://store.steampo...com//app/405820
Posted Image

I changed my mine I will get it pro-ply be later though don't have the money at the moment

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 15 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

• Turok Nukem

Doesn't matter to me i'm to excited to be put down anyone could try Turok is back so I don't care. Not understanding your downvotes to me though I gave you one because I am excited and first post I see here was somewhat negative. Figures though

User is online   Lunick 

Hmm, not to be a downer but the Steam release is looking pretty lazy unless they missed adding some stuff to the page. Where are any Steamworks features like Steam Cloud at least...?

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options