Duke4.net Forums: 3dRealms Shutdown + SDQuake = Permission to Release? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3dRealms Shutdown + SDQuake = Permission to Release?  "Please!"

User is offline   hondobondo 

Ok This is like the worst news ever, but I would like some good to come out of it. If a company goes dead, does the IP die also? Can I release SuperDuper Quake Duke Nukem Edition with permission of the entire HRP team? Can anyone speak to this? I would like Duke to continue to live and maybe see some excellent support from you guys? Anyone?

Side note: it would be awesome to see 3DR release what they have to the community. they may be even able to release the engine since the Doom 3 engine code will be released sometime soon. But if they don't, that's even more reason to see Duke live on in Quake

http://mods.moddb.com/2769

Cheers

User is offline   Spiker 

I don't know if this can be released or not but SuperDuper brings bad assotiations in my language:D

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

As I said on 3DR, the copyrights still belong to 3DR and if not them it still belongs to someone, so the answer you got last time when you asked still stands.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

3DR is shutting down but as an entity the company still exists and has holdings in Apogee and a few other businesses, and will retain (and maintain) a good portion of their licenses including Duke Nukem.

User is offline   Spiker 

Someone one day will release this game. Even if it has to take FOREVER!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Posthondobondo, on May 8 2009, 10:37 AM, said:

it would be awesome to see 3DR release what they have to the community. they may be even able to release the engine since the Doom 3 engine code will be released sometime soon. But if they don't, that's even more reason to see Duke live on in Quake

DNF was never ever using the Doom 3 engine.

User is offline   diehard 

Yeah it was just a rumor that it was using the doom 3 engine...

"On September 9, 2004, GameSpot reported that Duke Nukem Forever had switched to the Doom 3 engine.[26] Many gaming news sites mailed George Broussard, asking him to confirm or deny the rumor. After receiving no answer from him, they published the rumor as fact, ending the article with "Attempts to contact 3D Realms for comment were unsuccessful as of press time." Later that day, George Broussard explicitly denied the rumor and explained that he was not able to answer the emails because he was working elsewhere in the building.[26]"

from http://en.wikipedia....e_Nukem_Forever

User is online   Sangman 

The sad thing is, on their recent article concerning 3DR's demise, GameSpot still incorrectly claims that the game was restarted under the Doom 3 engine in 2003.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostSangman, on May 8 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

The sad thing is, on their recent article concerning 3DR's demise, GameSpot still incorrectly claims that the game was restarted under the Doom 3 engine in 2003.

Seriously? What a bunch of clowns. I thought it was incredibly common knowledge that DNF was using some form of Unreal... are the people writing these articles so young that they weren't around when DNF was announced, when the engine switch happened, etc?

• el fundador

Got a link to that btw?

• Evil Overlord

View PostTX, on May 8 2009, 02:52 PM, said:

Got a link to that btw?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/duk...tml?sid=6209271

• el fundador

Ah, I see. Remind me to find that guy and tell him what I think of under-researched news stories written by "cyberjournalists" next time I'm around SF. :rolleyes:

it just seemed obvious to me based on the christmas screenshot and the fact that Prey uses doom 3 engine, and it doesn't seem that unreal engine 3 has been around long enough for them to actually use that. don't have a freakin' cow people

• Evil Overlord

Huh? They never EVER announced a switch to Doom 3, EVER. They said in 2001/2002 they were going to rewrite chunks of the renderer from Unreal Engine 2.0. This wasn't just obscure crap; they announced it.

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 08 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

View PostMblackwell, on May 8 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

Huh? They never EVER announced a switch to Doom 3, EVER. They said in 2001/2002 they were going to rewrite chunks of the renderer from Unreal Engine 2.0. This wasn't just obscure crap; they announced it.

oooohhh... they announced it did they? in 2001/2002? are you serious? have you ever played an unreal two game? do you know what they look like? rewrite chunks of the renderer? do you know what it would take to make quake 4 in the quake 3 engine? obviously not. who says they have to announce every move they make? get some brains

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Dont fight with him guys, anybody who creates a mod by just throwing random shit together is obviously a moron in the first place.

• el fundador

View Posthondobondo, on May 8 2009, 03:33 PM, said:

oooohhh... they announced it did they? in 2001/2002? are you serious? have you ever played an unreal two game? do you know what they look like? rewrite chunks of the renderer? do you know what it would take to make quake 4 in the quake 3 engine? obviously not. who says they have to announce every move they make? get some brains

Uh, actually, DNF did use Unreal tech with a rewritten renderer. It was indeed "announced." It was mentioned in an interview about DNF, which is more or less an announcement with as rare as those were. So, don't act like a fuckhead about stuff you obviously aren't familiar with.

you guys are ultimate hilarious and fun to fuck with

User is online   Sangman 

Posted Image

byeeeeee

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View Posthondobondo, on May 9 2009, 01:44 AM, said:

That "lol i troll u" kind of an attitude is not going to get you anywhere, or make your modification any more legal.

View PostDaedolon, on May 8 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

That "lol i troll u" kind of an attitude is not going to get you anywhere, or make your modification any more legal.

hey thanks for the advice. really. cuz i was trying really hard to get you guys to change your mind

• Evil Overlord

You probably shouldn't be an ass on a forum that 3 admins frequent.

User is offline   Moggimus 

View Posthondobondo, on May 8 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

hey thanks for the advice. really. cuz i was trying really hard to get you guys to change your mind

Hey, hondofaggot. Fuck off and go rip some other game for your piece of shit Quake mod. Either way, get the fuck off these forums.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Posthondobondo, on May 8 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

Go to fucking hell. While you are there, I hope you get castrated, shot, mutilated, poisoned, bludgeoned, anally violated, and mentally/verbally abused for eternity and you fucking snap and all that is left is shattered remains of your mind, body and soul.

Go fuck yourself and do not ever return.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 08 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

• el fundador

Well, looks like the good ol' Duke community is back. :rolleyes: This board is gonna need :lock: like 3DR has. ;)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

If he does try and release his mod on moddb.com with any HRP content ect, I will have it removed the day it shows up. :rolleyes:

• el fundador

So, I guess this guy released his mod, even after he was told he wasn't allowed to use our assets, and even after I sent him a PM thanking him for not acting like a dick and releasing it anyway. So much for "professional" courtesy, eh?

Anyway, then this happened:

The mod you are trying to view has been deleted and is no longer available. This may have occured at the developers request because it is no longer active and was not released, or it may have occured because it violated the sites Terms of Use. If this is a mistake and you are a member of this mods team and would like it re-activated, please contact us with the details.

Hahaha. You know what, dude? It serves you right. You can't just go around acting like a bitch, pissing people off and using their hard work against their wishes. I was tempted to unlock this thread just so people could laugh at you, but we don't need a flamewar so I'll settle for just saying you can kiss my ass. Seriously, pucker up. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options