Duke4.net Forums: The Duke Nukem Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Duke Nukem Post Thread

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

@PikaCommando: I had a look at the Shadow Warrior ART tiles and noticed that the game contains the entire font as individual images. Tiles 2930 to 3023. The "font" is used in-game to display the fortune cookie messages and the chat/cheat text input.

Thanks, King Duke. I've extracted the files as .PNGs and packed them into a .zip that can be downloaded here.

Well I suppose I am sleeping with Duke Nukem tonight. :mellow:
(Ok, not really) Got this awesome pillow case for my husband though... (MBC)

Posted Image

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 21 November 2016 - 06:46 PM

User is offline   HMNuke93 

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That pillowcase is cool!

I recorded a video showcasing a playthrough of my map "Close Range" without dying and using weapons.
For those who don't know, Close Range is a space map based around using tripmines as a primary weapon.

User is offline   nukemania 

As said in the youtube comments for Spacey from Total Meltdown PS1, the beat is very similar to the Morbos theme from Hellbender:

(from 15 seconds)

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Press release:

As we were developing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, we wanted to provide the ultimate Bulletstorm experience for fans. And we feel that we delivered on that, as this game has it all! You’ll get to experience Bulletstorm and all of the DLC released for the game in one package, along with improvements that weren’t possible until now with PS4.

We started by going back to the original Bulletstorm and upgrading the visuals and presentation; when you jump into the game you’ll experience updated character models, environments, lighting effects, animations, and more. And on top of that, the game runs at a smoother framerate than ever before giving even more fluidity to the gameplay. And if you own a PS4 Pro, you’ll be able to enjoy all of these graphical enhancements even further in stunning 4K resolution.

But there’s more to the game than a fresh coat of paint. We’ve also added in some new content that hasn’t been seen before! There’s a new Overkill Campaign Mode, where you can blast your way through the campaign by starting off with an unrestricted arsenal of weapons and skillshots. If you’re new to Bulletstorm, skillshots are unique kills in which you use the environment around you to take out your enemies with style. Using skillshots will reward you with skillpoints, which can be used to upgrade your arsenal.

There’s also six new Echo Maps, where you can showcase your skills in the score-based Echo Mode. And last but definitely not least, fans who pre-order Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition will get free access to the Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour DLC, which gives you the option to swap out Grayson Hunt with the iconic Duke Nukem!

You heard right, we’ve got the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John, in the game with a re-recorded script and all new lines, along with a hi-def rendered version of Duke Nukem. If you’ve ever wanted to play as Duke Nukem in HD on your PS4, this is your chance!

NICE!

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

I can't wait to play as Duke in HD in a poorly done Bulletstorm remaster

User is offline   Master O 

Question about the version of Duke Nukem II (the platformer, not the FPS) that was released on CD-rom:

Does it also contain Duke Nukem 1?

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View PostMaster O, on 06 December 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Question about the version of Duke Nukem II (the platformer, not the FPS) that was released on CD-rom:

Does it also contain Duke Nukem 1?

I have never heard of a CD-ROM version of Duke Nukem II.

The only CD-ROM release of Duke Nukem II that I'm aware of was Duke Nukem 3D v1.3D (not Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition), which includes all Duke games (1+2+3D). Duke Nukem II itself will fit on a single 1.44 MB floppy disk (if compressed into a ZIP file or a self-extracting installer), so I would assume it was originally sold on floppy disk(s).

That being said, Apogee did offer combo bundles, like a Duke1+Duke2 bundle and a Duke1+Duke2+Cosmo bundle. Both of these bundles are mentioned in the ordering information of the shareware version of Duke Nukem II. But I have no idea what those bundles would have looked like. I guess that would have been the same as ordering each game individually, just a little cheaper.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

I only see DN2 on this disc.

User is offline   Kawa 

Heheh. Rockin".

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostHendricks266, on 07 December 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

(DN2 box scan)

I find it wonderful that the box art designers took care to represent the screenshots from the game in proper aspect ratio.

Anyways, I just felt like making these two collages, just for fun:

It's time to kick Kell Dragon tail and swing my gear, and I'm... all outta gear?
Posted Image

This one is slightly NSFW (but I'm using the license given by Fox in the OP):
Spoiler

User is offline   Lunick 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLunick, on 12 February 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

They got the oscillating animation wrong.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

This post has been edited by Striker: 12 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

(These are both Duke related due to the voice.)

This post has been edited by Striker: 12 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

He's Tiny! This always happens to me when I use the Shrinker on Commanders. (It didn't help that there were Sentry Drones in the area when I shrinked him.)

Attached Image: duke0163.png

Also...
Spoiler

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostFox, on 18 March 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

The site seems down...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 21 March 2017 - 05:31 AM

User is offline   Jolteon 

I was bored so....

Attached Image: duke0177.png

Edit: I just realized since this picture replaces Randy's picture, this had some... interesting results on that 'TerryWad' Map.

Spoiler

Oops. :blink:

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 24 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Brought them back inside into the safety of our new empty room. My dad was cleaning out the outside storage room and almost burned them.
Posted Image

That would suck if they were burned I would be mighty pissed off if that happened.

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

LGR is a treasure
https://twitter.com/...871755918082048

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

Dookie Nookie

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Well I got my new cool PC.

But uh......

My entire Duke Nukem Archive was lost in the hard drive transfer :)

Lost all my sprites and resources for my animations, all the Duke3D game folders full of mods, all the past pictures, Duke soundtracks, DNF assets and archive folders full of legacy stuff from Duke's past.

Damn B)

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options