Duke4.net Forums: Fire not hurting player - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fire not hurting player

User is offline   FireFlame 

Title says it all... Any help here please? I've tried everything i could... Or almost everything and nothing happens.

I get that fire not hurting you glitch too in Redneck Rampage & Rides Again. Are you playing the DOSBox port or EDuke32 port of Duke 3D?

using the latest Eduke32 ofc

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Is it everywhere all fires, or certain spots ?

It used to be certain spots and now it's everywhere

Problem still unsolved... Please?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Make sure you don't have any random .CON files lying around your directory. This isn't something that can happen with an unmodified game. If in doubt, copy eduke32.exe and duke3d.grp (unless you're using Megaton from Steam, in which case you just need eduke32.exe) to a fresh directory.

I've initiated the game on Steam and ran one of my maps. Still the fire didn't hurt the user. Ran an official map and the fire hurts the user. Plus there is no .cons lying around so i don't know what can be the problem

User is offline   Hank 

Which fire tile do you use?
If you use Burning or Buring2, one of them does not hurt the player, try to switch the tile to Fire.

The only tiles i use are Fire and Fire2. Because the Burning, if im not wrong, they burn for a while and disappear a few seconds after. And i wanted permanent, therefor, i only use Fire tiles...

User is offline   Hank 

then I'm mistaken. All my Duke stuff is gone, so extra work for you :lol:
Can you try and switch the Fire tiles?
All I know for sure, I had the same problem as you and switching the tiles, (I thought it was the burning) solved it.

This post has been edited by Hank: 15 January 2015 - 10:40 AM

switching how?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostFireFlame, on 15 January 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

switching how?

I mean switching (replacing) the Fire tile (sprite), from one Fire to the other.

Just in case: In Mapster in 3D mode, go to the area where the fire sprite is, point to it, click on V, it opens all current sprites and tiles for the map. Click on V again and it opens all tiles to choose from. If your tile reads (bottom left of the status bar) FIRE, scroll to FIRE2 and select it (left mouse click), if it reads FIRE2 then select the FIRE tile (sprite).

Just in case 2:
Reference sites for Mapster
The Wiki
http://wiki.eduke32....i/Level_editing
The Info Suite
http://infosuite.duke4.net/

Hope this helps :lol:

This post has been edited by Hank: 15 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Make sure you are using tile # 2271

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options