Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition PS3/Vita Port - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition PS3/Vita Port  "Dates Announced"

User is offline   Juras 

Hurray!!! \o/

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Playing it now... :P
Love the frame rate! :)

(on PS3)
MrBlackCat

Edit: It is free to PS Plus members for anyone who was wondering.

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 06 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Its got a really good framerate, been playing it on the Vita.
The joysticks on the Vita are rather poor to play an FPS on though and I find myself having trouble lining up shots on a number of occasions, especially when the RPG is involved and I don't want to accidentally shoot an object right in front of me.
Otherwise, I'm enjoying it.

Just bought it. I can't play until Monday but it feels surprisingly modern in presentation so hopefully this will win over new fans from the console crowd. In fact, it will simply for being Duke Nukem 3D. Looking forward to multiplayer.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I contacted Abstraction Games about my patched expansion pack maps. I believe they said they're still using the May 2013 versions from the Steam version, but they told me to send the latest and they would add them in an update. They said they would put me in the credits, too, because I'm not credited at all. I'm not seeing myself in the credits yet, so I'm assuming the old maps are still in there. You'll have to deal with the bad mistakes I made in them until they update. :)

What about MrRumbleRoses?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostSteven Shipler, on 06 January 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

What about MrRumbleRoses?

I wasn't aware he edited the maps too?

Edit: Apparently the PS3 version is running "smoothly" if you use a 4:3 display.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lunick: 06 January 2015 - 07:08 PM

He help NukemDave test them out

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 06 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Runs smooth, but the looking around and movement seems slow to me. The FOV is still zoomed in or something, just like the PC version. It's like it was zoomed in to fill in the screen for widescreen. Makes it kind of harder to play compared to the XBLA version. You have to do more looking around to see anything up close.

So far, the multiplayer doesn't seem to be that booming either like it was when the XBLA version released. Like I've said before, something big is going to have to be done with the game to get people interested again. New multiplayer modes, maybe some Brutal Doom-like features, etc. Some people may disagree with those type of changes, but it would be nice to experience something new than just the same thing ported over and over again. I'm not bashing anyone. I wanted Duke3D on PS3 for a long time and I finally see it happen. With the expansion packs, too. The more Duke, the merrier, but I think the phobia of altering the game is holding its potential back. I'd see nothing wrong with making changes as long as the title of the game made it clear that it's not just plain Duke3D.

View PostSteven Shipler, on 06 January 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

He help NukemDave test them out

I'm not sure if they'll add him to the credits or not. I'm probably lucky if I get added at this point, but they said they would. If he wants to be credited, he should probably try contacting them himself about it. I didn't even get another reply from them yet since I sent them the maps.

I do have one question people have been telling me that there is an xbox one version coming out is that true?

edit where do you go to talk to them?

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 06 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

They (Abstraction Games) was thinking about PS4 but no other systems confirmed.

thinking of ps4 ok I got a ps4 as well

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 06 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

It was back in November they mentioned it https://twitter.com/...095994076401664
Posted Image

Also noticed that the game isn't being released in Germany https://twitter.com/...608053242388484
Posted Image

from the look of it sounds like they want to put it on other consoles as well from me to them, I don't care what system it on I will buy it Duke Fan For Life

User is offline   X-Vector 

Rather painful to watch him (attempt to) move around and aim; is this an issue with the port or is mr. Higton just pants at playing an old-school FPS with a gamepad?

So the reason the Megaton Edition is not out on PS4 is that the console uses AMD Radeon card that won't work well? Does it uses Polymer stuff?

User is offline   termit 

• General Arcade

View PostDustFalcon85, on 07 January 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

So the reason the Megaton Edition is not out on PS4 is that the console uses AMD Radeon card that won't work well? Does it uses Polymer stuff?

I'm sure it's not related to AMD card :) Just when the project started PS4 was not even announced. It uses Polymost.

User is offline   Gargoyle 

Picked this for PS3 today. It's a decent port, much better in comparsion to how Doom BFG Edition/Classic Complete was made for PS3. Though, they could still fix some things in the next possible patch. The cons so far:
- No weapon selection wheel system. Takes too much time to wade through 11 weapons by L2/R2 in hasty situations like DM. Also, the wheel gives a better vision to the player on which weapon they will use. Would be good use for the extra button (R3).
- Multiplayer demos desync in playback after 5-7mins of the film. The exact thing happened in the original DOS aswell.
- The player can't walk slowly/sneak; you'd have to push the stick all the way to move at full speed which results in awkward movement quite a bit. There should be more look sensitivity adjusting too.
- The game twitches for 0,5sec when entering some new areas (e.g. the E1L1 bathroom). Doesn't adverse the gameplay much, tho.
Otherwise liking it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostGargoyle, on 07 January 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

- The game twitches for 0,5sec when entering some new areas (e.g. the E1L1 bathroom). Doesn't adverse the gameplay much, tho.

Does that imply something specific to rooms with mirrors, or is there another characteristic that rooms with hitching have in common?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Had an interesting glitch happen.
I had a save game at the very beginning of Red Light District right after I shot the first assault trooper. I loaded it up but the elevator was all the way up. I thought whatever, and just pressed use to lower it. The trooper was still alive, I thought that was also odd, but whatever, killed him.
Played the rest of the level no problem. But then I open up the yellow key door, and on the right side where the counter is with the pigcop and shotgun (opposite the hallway with an upward slope) it was all completely cut out and a see through void was there that let you see the entire rest of the level from that angle.
I figured the section would just pop back into place since the Source engine can have a similar bug when area portals are broken, but nope, it instant killed me.
And then the replay loaded up, said it was corrupted, but I could watch the replay of it but it was extremely off. Basically, it saved all my movements and button presses from after I loaded the game, but it was out of sync. For instance, the first assault trooper was able to move out of the way by the time I had shot my gun, and I got caught on some geometry just running in place while the trooper just shot at me and killed me. The replay then got erased and I had to restart the Vita.

Really bizarre glitch. Wish I had a video.

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

How can I buy a game if the ps store in our country doesn't have it? I want to play it on Vita

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What could possibly think a 19 year old 2.5D engine would behave in a similar way to a decently sophisticated 3D engine? :)

Could you actually see the rest of the level though? I'd have thought it'd just be HOM.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHulkNukem, on 07 January 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

I figured the section would just pop back into place since the Source engine can have a similar bug when area portals are broken, but nope, it instant killed me.

If a bug like that happens in Polymost, it probably means the level geometry has been fucked up and is not just a visual glitch.

User is offline   Gargoyle 

The number of ragequitters is significant here. Also, players keep suiciding themselves to get awarded some shiny trophies. Seriously.

Will Shadow Warrior Classic Redux get the PS3/Vita treatment as well?

User is offline   Lunick 

I doubt it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDustFalcon85, on 10 January 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

Will Shadow Warrior Classic Redux get the PS3/Vita treatment as well?

I don't think SW-iOS or Redux sold well enough for more ports to get funded, and the SW2013 launch was probably the biggest opportunity for SW1997 sales.

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh wow, it really was shipped without an option to change the filter https://twitter.com/...928731350986752

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

whats wrong about rating in Russia? Its already available via Steam here

Duke Nukem 3D: ME is not available on PSN in Germany, Russia, Australia, and NZ due to ratings issues. If that changes we'll let you know!
https://twitter.com/...935465155043328

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 12 January 2015 - 04:55 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

It's available in Aus and NZ, that's an older tweet.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options