Duke4.net Forums: Obituaries - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Obituaries

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Because DoomWorld is full of sensitive tranny libshit manbabies.

User is offline   Malgon 

Damn, RIP John William Galt, you will be missed.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

RIP Ivan Reitman, director of Ghostbusters. Died at 75 in his sleep.

At least he lived to see an epilogue to his films in Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 February 2022 - 10:11 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

RIP Peace in Europe, May 8, 1945 - Feb 24, 2022. Died at the age of almost 77 by the hands of a meglomaniac.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 27 February 2022 - 12:25 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

georgia is transcontinental and can be considered to be partially on the eastern european continent.
coincidently the same megalomaniac was responsible for the attack in 2008 & the same weak willed worthless person was in the u.s. whitehouse.

The breakup of yugoslavia in the early 1990s was also in europe.

• The Truth is in here

Let's say European peace was stabbed in the back a few times before already. For some reason, the various murder attempts weren't recognized until now. Which is kinda unfair for all the countries that suffered before, admittedly. But well, if even Germany is massively increasing their military funds, you know reanimation attempts will not succeed.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 February 2022 - 02:28 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostNightFright, on 27 February 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

RIP Peace in Europe, May 8, 1945 - Feb 24, 2022. Died at the age of almost 77 by the hands of a meglomaniac.

Holy fuck this post is 100% cringe.

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostNightFright, on 28 February 2022 - 02:24 PM, said:

For some reason, the various murder attempts weren't recognized until now.

I don't really understand what this is supposed to mean.

• The Truth is in here

Someone needs to hide my keyboard next time I'm drunk.

User is offline   Aleks 

William Hurt, one of the top actors and Oscar winner for his absolutely stunning performance in Kiss of the Spider Woman, dies at 71 :(

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Absolutely massive F for the one and only Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall.

User is offline   ck3D 

I just lost my favorite uncle (coincidentally, one of the people who introduced me to Duke 3D) to suicide by hanging, leaving behind wife, children, grandchildren, an 80-plus-year-old mother and really everyone else in the family to wonder what the fuck. I only rarely got to see the dude over the past few years but I remember as a kid he always radiated positivity and cracked jokes that actually weren't lame uncle jokes, the last time I did see him he still looked very much the same, apparently he had just gotten diagnosed recently with bipolar disorder after burning out at work then been fed a whole bunch of meds. What perplexes everyone is I don't think he ever shared any hint to a somber or tormented side, if anything I realize now that his whole casual funny guy shtick must have been a gigantic facade all along. Probably repressed a whole lot his entire life when really everyone now just wishes he had maybe tried talking to people more.

I'm not sharing this for sympathy (I'm OK), mostly because we all kind of know suicide is always there as this tempting 'if all else fails' option, I've always seen the occasional post on here where someone was considering it, or had tried it; I just want to use the situation as a reminder that this always is such a waste of an option. There's always more to life than what everyone can see, and you can always make changes happen or at least talk with people more. Please don't abandon the miracle existence is just to make the point that you can as that's actually the most efficient way to give up on all the potential understanding you do deserve. Really wishing no one on here ever makes such a terrifying mistake.

User is offline   jkas789 

Taylor Hawkins, the drummer of Foo Fighters, has died today according to a announcement by the band. He was 50 years old.

RIP.

User is offline   Aleks 

RIP Gilbert Gottfried, really sucked to hear about this one. Guess now he's roasting Bob Saget in whatever afterlife they both ended up in.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Attached Image: 1649804443948.jpg

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostAleks, on 13 April 2022 - 09:58 AM, said:

RIP Gilbert Gottfried, really sucked to hear about this one. Guess now he's roasting Bob Saget in whatever afterlife they both ended up in.

Damn. This is one of the few that actually stings for me.

I mean no celebrity death is exactly a party, it's just that he was in a lot of the stuff I've actually watched, and outside of that I respected his devil-may-care attitude.

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

Legendary Greek composer Vangelis, best known for his work on Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire, has passed away.

https://www.ot.gr/20...-the-age-of-79/

User is offline   Aleks 

Damn, Ray Liotta passed at only 67. Great actor and probably I won't be the only one to call him one of the voices of my childhood for his stunning performance as Tommy Vercetti. RIP.

User is offline   Malgon 

Damn. RIP Ray Liotta.

RIP Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode. Passed away the same day as Ray Liotta.

https://www.rollings...r-dead-1359207/

This one has been a real kick in the balls for me - DM is my absolute favorite band.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

RIP Dave Smith. 1950-2022. Sequential founder and father of MIDI, the electronic version of Les Paul.

https://www.synthtop...smith-has-died/

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 June 2022 - 05:24 AM

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

Julee Cruise, singer best known for her work on Twin Peaks, dead at 65:
https://www.theguard...es-aged-65-b52s

User is offline   Malgon 

Damn, definitely a part of the fabric that makes Twin Peaks what it is. RIP.

Tim Sale comic book artist known for his work on Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: Dark Victory, as well as the TV series Heroes has passed away at age 66.

https://www.cbr.com/...-sale-obituary/

This one hurts, he was such a talented artist.

Ouch.

User is offline   ck3D 

I came to post the Julee Cruise news before I realized those were a few weeks old already, just found out though, really sucks.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 06 July 2022 - 06:37 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

RIP James Caan

1940-2022

User is offline   Malgon 

RIP Tim Sale and James Caan.

User is offline   Aleks 

RIP Nichelle Nichols, best known for her role as Lt. Uhura in the original Star Trek and as the groundbreaking first black woman to kiss a white guy on TV.

This post has been edited by Aleks: 01 August 2022 - 02:28 PM

Huh. For some reason I thought she died already.

Well, Rest In Peace anyway.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options