Duke4.net Forums: Half-Time Bug Report - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Time Bug Report

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

- A saved game can't be renamed on next save.
- Check and compare the functionality of both SPACE and left mouse click as confirmation/proceed action in save/load game menus (too drunk for details).
- Try this: start the game, use the left mouse click only to proceed to the top menu. Use the mouse wheel to scroll down to LOAD GAME. Confirm with left mouse click. Use left mouse click to load topmost savegame...oops...
- SDL startup times are still epic compared to Windows renderer builds.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 13 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

First one was introduced by me and I will fix. I have no problems with the left click, but neither space nor open/use do anything for me (because they're not programmed to).

User is offline   Kyanos 

Left click issues for save game only on my end. Win 7 64 Rev. 4509

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHendricks266, on 13 June 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

I have no problems with the left click, but neither space nor open/use do anything for me (because they're not programmed to).
I should add that I've mapped SPACE to use/open and left mouse button to move forward.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

First one was introduced by me and I will fix.

Revision: 4510
Menus: Fix a bug that crept in with r4508 that prevented any editing of savegame names.
Nope. Name isn't stored. Try to load the renamed slot a second time or restart the game before reloading...
And IIRC the default selected slot when entering the load game menu should be the last one saved.

I have no problems with the left click, but neither space nor open/use do anything for me (because they're not programmed to).
Left click/wheel issues persist. Did you try the recipe in post#1?

When you die, the game says "press open to restart level". Doing that will step to offering to reload the last saved game (if available). Pressing "OPEN" (SPACE for me) again should act as confirmation to reload. That's how the original game works.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostLeoD, on 13 June 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

- Try this: start the game, use the left mouse click only to proceed to the top menu. Use the mouse wheel to scroll down to LOAD GAME. Confirm with left mouse click. Use left mouse click to load topmost savegame...oops...

View PostLeoD, on 14 June 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

I should add that I've mapped SPACE to use/open and left mouse button to move forward.

View PostLeoD, on 17 June 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Left click/wheel issues persist. Did you try the recipe in post#1?
When you die, the game says "press open to restart level". Doing that will step to offering to reload the last saved game (if available). Pressing "OPEN" (SPACE for me) again should act as confirmation to reload. That's how the original game works.
Finally found one more prerequisite to reproduce: my left mouse button is mapped to move forward. Seems that a click is somewhat counted twice when in the menu. The fact that mouse buttons are still configured in eduke32.cfg might be a hint to hunt that one down.
(EDuke32 should really get rid of being configured by two files...)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options