• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

User is offline   Hank 

how pfunny you gouys :)

I had time and watched the video

1. The image in question is a shot of her face behind a wet windshield, and her features are a bit blurry.

2. My take on Bombshell
focus face
Posted Image

surprise/a bit of fear face
Posted Image

somersault, getting up
Posted Image

mech. fist (don't like it but it's well done)
Posted Image

I say the model is well done. No, I still don't like extreme characters, but then again when will I get to play a girl :P

She looks pretty in those caps but I thought Bombshell was supposed to be a blonde bimbo. :)

Still, enjoy the last of the hot female heroines while you can. Post-Anita Sarkeesian era they're no longer supposed to be pretty, but "relatable", since feminism is against gender roles and they want the games to be made to cater to both boys and girls despite being clearly developed for the masculine demographic. The first thing feminists ruined were female super-heroines in comic books, and their next target is video games.

I could probably give up my hot female heroines, but I don't want to. I want to see eyecandy every once in a while, and I don't want to have to be forced to look harder in order to get it.

This Bombshell is actually a product of the current Sarkeesian era, since she doesn't show much skin. :P

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 13 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

Still more skin than this "pre-Sarkeesian" Bombshell version:

Posted Image

Another example of a female game character predating the "feminists are destroying our games" humbug by more than a decade:

Posted Image

Note that Alyx Vance is a civilian turned freedom fighter, not a supposedly bad-arsed ex-mercenary like Bombshell, who for some reason now looks like a dolled up mix of Kristen Stewart and Noomi Rapace.

BTW, a more physically imposing version of Rapace as Lisbeth Salander would not make a bad template for the heroine type in Interceptor's game.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Been following this thread the last few weeks.
A few things:

Bombshell was never supposed to be Blonde, Related to Duke, etc.
It is true that there was once a Blonde Bombshell character in earlier versions of Duke Forever.
She has absolutely no relation to our Bombshell character. This is a brand new IP with no connections to the Duke Nukem universe.

The screencaps earlier in this thread - They are all ingame, with the camera zoomed into the characters.
Bombshell is an inch tall on screen. We've put a lot of work into creating a loading-free cinematic system, where the camera simply zooms into the characters during cinematic sequences.
In other words, we're not doing separate cinematics. They are all in-game(play).
All the cinematic sequences from the trailer are made this way. This means that all cinematics are happening realtime during gameplay.
For a Diabo-like isometric view, Ì'm pretty proud of the detail we have achieved in our characters, and environments.

The entire team is really excited about Bombshell.
It's our first original IP, and it's something we've been working extremely hard on.

I want you to know that we scrapped the original "Rushed" version of the game (The teaser shown last year), the week after it was revealed.
A lot of the feedback you guys posted afterwards, was taken into consideration when creating the new Bombshell character and game.

The feedback from fans in general is extremely valuable. We're all gamers, and we believe that the gamers should have a lot of influence on how games should feel, look, and play.
You guys are the experts, and we're trying to create great entertainment for you.

I hope you'll enjoy playing Bombshell as much as we are making it :)

This post has been edited by Frederik Schreiber: 14 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 14 March 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Bombshell was never supposed to be Blonde, Related to Duke, etc.
It is true that there was once a Blonde Bombshell character in earlier versions of Duke Forever.
She has absolutely no relation to our Bombshell character. This is a brand new IP with no connections to the Duke Nukem universe.

That's disappointing, but understandable given the situation of the Duke Nukem IP.

However, it's true that you guys took the name because of its origins as a Duke Nukem character and also to appeal to certain circles. This is not criticism, just wanted to point it out. Else, why name her "Bombshell"? :)

I hope the game has some sort of humor. She looks soft, so it would be kinda cool if she was put in humorous, over the top situations.

• Slipgate Studios

We decided using the name Bombshell as 3D Realms owns the IP, Domain, and Trademark - And it was a perfect fit for our character. We always wanted to create a Female Action Hero, and it just felt like a perfect match.
It's not a secret that we really liked the name.

Only the hardcore Duke fans know of the original Duke-related Bombshell, but the origin of the name being related to Duke didn't carry much weight.
(Bombshell was actually originally designed as an entirely seperate game, with no relations to the Duke universe, back in 1996).

User is offline   Hank 

Ah. Good to know. It's awesome to see something new coming from 3D Realms. I think for as long as the game plays as it looks on the video, it will catch on.

• Slipgate Studios

Here's a small video showing the level of detail in Bombshell

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah that looks like it'd be reasonable in an FPS let alone an isometric game, at least with what was shown in that clip.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Definitely looking towards playing this. Been awhile since I properly enjoyed a game of this style.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 14 March 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Amputee missions confirmed! :)

• Slipgate Studios

View PostTerminX, on 14 March 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Amputee missions confirmed! :)

You betcha!

User is offline   KareBear 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 14 March 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

(Bombshell was actually originally designed as an entirely seperate game, with no relations to the Duke universe, back in 1996).

Can you share any more details about that game please?I know Billy Zelsnack was responsible for the engine.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Hows the console ports coming? Planning to release at the same time?

Also any details on multiplayer?

User is offline   Malgon 

Watches video, Youtube drops video quality right when it starts zooming in to show detail. Dammit!

On a serious note, it looks quite nice, with no horrible pop-in or anything.

But the most important question of all: How many Dopefish and/or Dopefishes can we expect?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I've gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the new 3DR. When the news of 3DR being sold first broke I really wasn't sure what to expect, both from the standpoint of being a fan for about 2 decades and from the position of wondering how it would effect my existing business relationships. There were some stumbles out of the gate with the first new logo and the first Bombshell reveal, but instead of the usual doubling down on the concepts that didn't work out you guys actually fixed the problems people complained about!

I'm glad to see an actual game with 3DR's name on it again. I think a lot of people want to remember the troubles with DNF and force themselves to not take Bombshell seriously, which as a concept is a complete joke given the total lack of overlap in employees and management between 3DR then and now.

To say she has anything from Kristen Stewart in her is an insult to Bombshell. Bombshell is much cuter and has more facial expressions than Kristen's "I'm constipated" single expression.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostHulkNukem, on 14 March 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

Also any details on multiplayer?

They've got a two-player couch co-op mode in the game. Dunno about an actual online multiplayer though.

It is also working on a two-player couch cooperative mode, which will feature a second playable character.

http://venturebeat.c...ms-fresh-start/

View PostX-Vector, on 14 March 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

Still more skin than this "pre-Sarkeesian" Bombshell version:

Anita would say she's "unrealistically proportioned", "not representative of the real woman", and "boob plates are unrealistic".

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

A lot of new information can be found on the in-game HUD. :)

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  hud1.jpg (129.39K)
    Number of downloads: 205
  • Attached File  hud2.jpg (106.38K)
    Number of downloads: 198
  • Attached File  hud3.jpg (12.09K)
    Number of downloads: 187
  • Attached File  hud4.jpg (131.35K)
    Number of downloads: 196

Frederik says they are looking for people for a new and exciting 3d realms/interceptor project. It says on his Facebook, however it isn't bombshell. ☺

View PostDukeNukem64, on 16 March 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Frederik says they are looking for people for a new and exciting 3d realms/interceptor project. It says on his Facebook, however it isn't bombshell. ☺

With Bombshell being 'content complete' and in its polish stage, thats no surprise.
I'm curious as to what the accelerate program is going to be; something like Devolver where they publish indie games?

View PostDukeNukem64, on 16 March 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

It's for the long-awaited sequel to Word Rescue.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 16 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I want a new Math Rescue.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Lovely. Lighting is everything and damn that delivers.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Livestream about Bombshell (apparently) starting in 2 mins for anyone who's interested.
http://www.twitch.tv/3drealms

I enjoyed the bombshell gameplay It was really cool to see as I said before can't wait to get the game.

There was gameplay? And there's no videos of it yet? And they have no past broadcast? Argghhh

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 30 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostHulkNukem, on 30 March 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

There was gameplay? And there's no videos of it yet? And they have no past broadcast? Argghhh

Hey Hulk, they said that they would probably record it and put it on their Youtube site :D

And yes it actually looked pretty good. I can imagine that - talking graphics - it would look beautiful on high-end PCs. :D

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options