• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTea Monster, on 15 May 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Dude, punk was invented in England.

The average American may be financially worse off, but the Brit pulls it off with more style and anger. We may have healthcare, but this is still the Nation where you can be murdered by an angry mob for wearing the wrong coloured scarf and nobody will bat an eyelid.

Yeah, no. Punk existed prior to the Sex Pistols, and you can trace its roots straight back to guys like Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

And John Macias can outdo any British punk;

Sgt. Steven Brackett said the Santa Monica incident began about 1:50 p.m. when John Macias of Pico Rivera inexplicably grabbed a pedestrian walking near the top of the ramp leading to the Santa Monica Pier and threw him onto the street while yelling something about God.

Brackett said Macias next approached an unarmed security guard who happened to be at the pier and attacked him, throwing him over the railing of the ramp. The guard, Alex Villanueva, grabbed the railing and dangled about 30 feet above the ground.

Brackett said Macias pried the guard's fingers off the rail, forcing him to fall to the ground. Villanueva, 42, of Arleta, was in fair condition at UCLA Medical Center with fractures to both ankles and feet.

Macias fled east on Colorado Avenue. In front of the shopping center, he began trying to open doors of parked vehicles.

As police chased him, Macias again began yelling something about God, Brackett said. Macias, who had a jacket wrapped around his hand, stopped and turned toward the officers.

One officer shot Macias once, but he continued to advance, police said. The officer fired three more shots as Macias grabbed him, and both men fell to the ground.

Macias died at a nearby hospital from bullet wounds to his neck and chest.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 15 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostTea Monster, on 15 May 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

One question.

What happens if/when 3DR win the lawsuit with GBX? Are they going to make a new game, this time with Duke in? Will Bombshell get sidelined to a secondary character?

Just curious.

To announce a game with their "new IP" then swap Duke into this game would be PR suicide, no? You can't just throw Duke into any old game, especially this new genre. I think if they win the case they should make a NEW Duke FPS.

This post has been edited by Drek: 15 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Screwattacks interviews Fred and Scott Miller.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Well, no. Even if they win the lawsuit, that does not return to them the entire rights to the Duke franchise, only for this one game which was "Duke Nukem Survivor" aka Duke Nukem Mass Destruction. I'm sure the rights to said game are of a particular sort and you couldn't just make any old Duke game you wanted. That's just MY GUESS of course.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Jimmy, what you have there, is someone having a schizophrenic break, punk's don't do it for Jesus.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

John Macias was lead singer of infamous LA punk band Circle One. He was responsible for starting the P.U.N.X. organization as well as commanding a Christian skinhead punk gang in LA known as The Family. Much of the violence in the early scene can be attributed to his influence. He was a meathead and Fat Mike has mentioned numerous times in song and interviews witnessing Macias just beating the shit out of someone for having the wrong haircut.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostDrek, on 15 May 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

To announce a game with their "new IP" then swap Duke into this game would be PR suicide, no? You can't just throw Duke into any old game, especially this new genre. I think if they win the case they should make a NEW Duke FPS.

Well seeing as Duke was meant to be in this game, it wouldn't be too far fetched to have him in a game that was designed for him. Though if they only have one shot with Duke I doubt they would waste it by adding him as free dlc, the would probably try to make another game that fits into whatever the outcome of the court case is. I would like if they won and were able to make a solid 3rd person Duke game under the Survivor/Mass Destruction heading, if not they can always make Time to Kill for pc without the headache inducing control scheme.

But you are right, it would be terrible for the Bombshell character if they won the court battle and it became Dukes in Bombshells out.

People are calling her "Dyke Nukem" over on Interceptors YouTube channel, I think that might stick. :)

This post has been edited by Ronan: 15 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I really hope Interceptor just straight wins back the entire Duke IP, because 3 things would happen
1. People can make Duke content for other games
2. They can make any game they could want with Duke
3. They could port Zero Hour to PC

Also a bonus, show off all the DNF builds and content

On topic, I still think this game can be very cool. Besides people's displeasure for the main character model, a lot of the other content seems really cool. There's a wide range of color being used, its all vibrant, it all looks pretty good (besides the screenshots having aliasing going on in them) and one of the ideas for the arm sounds cool. She can slam her arm into the ground and detach it, it becomes a turret, and she can pull out a pistol and fight while the turret covers her

I wonder if there is a chance for co-op? Even if its just a survival type mode?

Also, gotta say, Interceptor really improved in their art. The screenshots already reveal a much better and unique art direction than Rise of the Triad did.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 15 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 15 May 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Well, no. Even if they win the lawsuit, that does not return to them the entire rights to the Duke franchise, only for this one game which was "Duke Nukem Survivor" aka Duke Nukem Mass Destruction. I'm sure the rights to said game are of a particular sort and you couldn't just make any old Duke game you wanted. That's just MY GUESS of course.

Agreed. Yet I'd argue up and down, gbx we tried in good faith to do survivor like the original contract you didn't honor. We worked in good faith, you violated the terms. Now we can't sit on all our work while this trial drags, it is now bombshell. You failed your part, we get Duke back. Suck it down hard Randy!

This post has been edited by Drek: 15 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

• Polymancer

I'd love that to happen but I don't think it will work in a court of law.

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 15 May 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Screwattacks interviews Fred and Scott Miller.

To be honest. I don't mind Isometric view game at all. I hope it's fast and fun to play and no annoyance with controls.

Every time I see Scott or George I always feel little sad. They really wanted to release DNF themselves.

User is offline   Soap DX 

There are many things you can do with an arm like that, you can take it off and beat your enemies to death with it.
Maybe too cheesy, but spin it realy quick into helicopter mode +_+ haha.
Remove the hand and put a sharp weapon, or turn it into a drill and make holes in the wall to find secret areas. Hmm vabrating arm...

You could use it to wedge a door open. You could program an ai and make it go in the vent... or I'm going nuts here, but remote controle maybe.

You could have your cell phone in it. You could grab things in very cold or hott temperature.
You could flip off someone and say your arm is malfunctioning.

You could do some intense nose picking.
You could win all arm reslings. You'd never have that moment, holding on the edge "uh I can't hold om, I'm slipping"
Pull yourself up with one arm, shooting with the other.
O_O imagination, its great!

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I haven't read this entire thread but since they intend to release the mod tools, would it be safe to say that we'll inevitably have it playable as a more traditional TPS/FPS via user-created content? It's clearly too early to know for sure, but "BS" looks like it might actually not be....BS.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 15 May 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

I haven't read this entire thread but since they intend to release the mod tools, would it be safe to say that we'll inevitably have it playable as a more traditional TPS/FPS via user-created content? It's clearly too early to know for sure, but "BS" looks like it might actually not be....BS.

I wouldn't say it won't ever happen, however someone would have to complete rework the controls. Typically in a dual joystick game, the right thumbstick controls where the character looks, and if you move the joystick the opposite direction the character is facing, they can instantly (or extremely quickly) do a 180 to face the direction of the joystick, and also their aim is stuck on a horizontal plane (they can't aim up or down). The joystick/mouse controls would have to be remade into a classic left right up down setup.
Also, you have the fact the levels are designed with having no visible ceiling (and in some cases, no actual skybox) so if you had a first person view, the sky could be just a hallway of mirrors.

Again though, its not impossible, Alien Swarm (the source version) had a first person mod made pretty quickly

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 15 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

• Polymancer

If we get mod tools, it will very quickly become a FPS Duke game. :)

GDF, indeed!

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Another nifty idea for the arm that can be combined with the RPG elements is the robot arm starts out as a stock T-800 like arm, with no armor or anything, but as you progress you can optionally add on those bulky parts for strength upgrades and the arm ends up becoming bigger and stronger, but slower or you can add on smaller parts for quick upgrades making you faster and such, but sacrificing strength, would make the RPG elements mean more and would give optional customization to the arm, pleasing those who don't like the arm.

User is offline   shmargin 

So, was this a Duke game at first, then they swapped out Duke for RoboChick?

Because I can see that whole trailer being cooler if it was Duke instead of the girl.

Might still be good, we'll see.

• Polymancer

Duke is currently like your best freind, who has married a really neurotic and controlling woman.

We will remember him well, but we won't get to raise a glass with him until the relationship goes sour, which could take a quite a while.

View PostTea Monster, on 15 May 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Duke is currently like your best freind, who has married a really neurotic and controlling woman.

We will remember him well, but we won't get to raise a glass with him until the relationship goes sour, which could take a quite a while.

My life's story. (I'm not the one being married, my best mate is lol)

• Judge Mental

Oh I think it went sour already. He's probably locked up in the basement chained to a wall thinking to himself "This isn't what I had in mind when they said "bondage."

I wouldn't be surprised if Gearbox doesn't touch Duke... Forever.

Posted Image

Everyone knows that the best Punk band is The Aquabats okay. All the others pale in comparison.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 15 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The Aquabats are rad... but they're new-wave/ska, bro.

Debating who is more punk and which music is best isn't really very punk is it? You're supposed to do shit for yourself, fuck what society thinks, who cares what music they like, so what, so what you boring little... and so on.

I could write an essay, but this sums it up;
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c6MlrPESdDI

Favorite punk song? Yes, favorite band? Don't have one, I listen to songs on an individual basis. Oh, I seem to remember some american band covering this, that's all the Americans could ever do with things like this, copy and copy badly.

Disclaimer;
Given people's inability to take a joke these days - not just here but on the internet in general - I feel it necessary to point out that I'm still apathetic as can be and am merely dicking around because of high levels of boredom.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

LOL. I'm not even going to touch that one when the Ex-Pistols exist. You guys can't even copy your own shit.

That doesn't nullify the fact we created it in the first place.

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy, on 15 May 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

LOL. I'm not even going to touch that one when the Ex-Pistols exist. You guys can't even copy your own shit.

View PostHigh Treason, on 15 May 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

That doesn't nullify the fact we created it in the first place.

Posted Image

View PostCommando Nukem, on 15 May 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

You are making a point that was already made...

View PostHigh Treason, on 15 May 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

I could write an essay, but this sums it up;

:)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

America does it all better.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 15 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Jimmy, I am deeply disappointed, you tried this already and it yielded nothing, you now try it again and expect different results... Perhaps go and see a doctor, that's a sign of mental ill-health. Must be the depression, knowing how much America would suck if it wasn't for the brits.

• Judge Mental

View PostHigh Treason, on 15 May 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

You are making a point that was already made...

Psh, Harrison Ford was faster and more badass about it.

Now this. This is real punk. This is what it's all about. Oh yeah.

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options