Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostTerminX, on 22 January 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

:P

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostKaijuTurtle, on 22 January 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

I don't imagine you can share what those crystals were supposed to be originally?

They're just art that was created at some point.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

My first thought was those crystals were early works for the shrink ray crystal.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

That was my first thought.

User is offline   Lunick 

I'd love a full spritesheet of the Enforcer :P

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Great share TX!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

If you guys like this stuff, it might be nice if you sent Randy a quick thank you for allowing these posts to continue. I'd really like Gearbox to know how much the community appreciates this kind of thing.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Only because you asked… I mean, what's his email? By the way, it would be better if he allowed more than just posting teasers, that's possible, right?

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 23 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostTerminX, on 23 January 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

If you guys like this stuff, it might be nice if you sent Randy a quick thank you for allowing these posts to continue. I'd really like Gearbox to know how much the community appreciates this kind of thing.

where we can thank Randy for his OK to releases this materials?

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

The best way to say "thank you" is twitter I guess.

User is offline   Lunick 

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Any idea why the Enforcer design was tweaked for the final version? I think it looked more menacing with the red stripes on the armour (it also seems to vaguely remind me of some late 80s/early 90s animated series villain, at least in the aesthetics of its appearance). I've always thought that the completely black armour of the Enforcer was dull, especially compared to other enemies in the game.

Enforcer is mostly an ep.2 enemy, and there's a lot of dark areas there, so maybe the red elements of the armour were removed so he blended into darkness better?

View PostTerminX, on 18 January 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Finally got an OK from Randy to post stuff again. Come get some.

DNF betas when
Joking aside, since you seem to be in regular contact with Randy, do you think it may be possible to have a chat with him about Gearbox's stance on fangames at some point?
I'd love to see him give the OK for a project like Duke Nukem: Cataclysm to resume development unencumbered.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMrFlibble, on 24 January 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

Any idea why the Enforcer design was tweaked for the final version? I think it looked more menacing with the red stripes on the armour (it also seems to vaguely remind me of some late 80s/early 90s animated series villain, at least in the aesthetics of its appearance). I've always thought that the completely black armour of the Enforcer was dull, especially compared to other enemies in the game.

While I think it looks cool, I think overall the red is way too bright and vibrant; it stands out way too much and is overly distracting, taking away from the overall design.
Should be a dark red, IMO, like this:
Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm gonna assume the red was taken off the Enforcer because they didn't use the flamethrower anymore.

Looks like black base with red highlights were the aliens' color scheme (since the old Liztroops have it too), but I guess the red highlights were removed from the Enforcer to match with the Liztroops after they got red/green base with white highlights for their armor.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 04 February 2017 - 03:57 AM

View PostTerminX, on 23 January 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

I took your advice and sent Randy a thank to his tweeter (though it shows how much of a noob I'm at on tweeter). Also I sent a thank you to Void Point as well.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Why not make Randy coming Duke4.net with link of this thread and he'll see...

Yes, I know give him mails would quick and directly, but I'm not ready for that yet. :P

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostPlayer Lin, on 25 January 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

Why not make Randy coming Duke4.net with link of this thread and he'll see...

Yes, I know give him mails would quick and directly, but I'm not ready for that yet. :P

That was my first thought, especially because I don't use Twitter much, I think someone even made a screencap with user views (the thread had a lot of views). He could even make a poll to see who would be interested in such things, something what good developers do for their fans.

• el fundador

View PostPikaCommando, on 24 January 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Looks like black base with red highlights were the aliens' color scheme (since the old Liztroops have it too)

Yeah, and that's still reflected in the final sprites for the fat commander.

I am thankful for Randy for releasing DNF getting out the door, I really can't say anything else nothing come to my mind besides DNF.

Not sure where to ask, so I'll try here: does anyone here have a hi-res version of the "Triad" symbol from Rise of the Triad? You know, like this one:

https://sketchfab.co...CQ7T444O6tu2sX6

but more usable for print or something. I want to make myself a nice t-shirt with this motf...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice!

User is offline   jet_nick 

it will be other releases ?

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

I know this has been talked about before, but I wanted to talk about it.

That thing to the left of the screen is called a Fulton MX991/U Flashlight, which is an angle-head flashlight you may have seen on commandos and whatnot. It's also sold to civilians, and I actually have one that is from the Army. The civilian ones are the same, and there are also ripoff versions that don't have the "FULTON" name on it.

These lights have a clip on them that you can put on a pocket, vest, strap, etc. Which you can see that's what they were going for.

These lights have different filters that you can place in a cap over the bulb. They are red, blue, and white. There's others too but these are the most common. You could also use it without a filter. The red was for night vision pretty much. It keeps your night sight (your eyes stay adjusted to the dark). The blue is for when you just needed a little light, and wanted to not be seen by enemies, and the white was for signaling and for reading maps IIRC.

I assume it worked just like the NVG only the screen was tinted red instead of green. I think they replaced it because the game is set in a near future, and these flashlights would be pretty useless when competing against aliens, and NVG headset would be more practical and believable, and wouldn't require the little icon on the side to show the flashlight, and that might've saved some space to make the game run just a little faster.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Picture from a similar angle:

Posted Image

• el fundador

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The effect in-game was pretty much a clone of Doom's light amplification goggles.

99% They removed this in favour of the night vision googles. It is a good exchange for me, instead of a thing steadily on-screen that distract your focus. And it took years only to find out what it was.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostCryptKiller, on 01 February 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

Not sure where to ask, so I'll try here: does anyone here have a hi-res version of the "Triad" symbol from Rise of the Triad? You know, like this one:

https://sketchfab.co...CQ7T444O6tu2sX6

but more usable for print or something. I want to make myself a nice t-shirt with this motf...

I don't know if this is of any use to you but I zoomed in as far as I could and took a screen capture. Its almost 4MB in size so I zipped it up. You would still need to trim away the outside of the triangle before using.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 14 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options