Duke4.net Forums: Direct System Mod - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Direct System Mod  "Revamped"

View PostMickey C, on 30 April 2014 - 02:35 AM, said:

Try to have a full grasp of compatibility issues before making claims like that. Besides, with your logic once eduke32 gets multiplayer (which will end up being vastly superior to Megaton's) there'd be no reason to port mods to Megaton at all.

The chances are, if this mod uses any coding at all, it would be eduke-specific code commands. Not to mention that 90% or more of all mods and TCs out there will only run with the advanced scripting capabilities of eduke32. So even if it were possible to port this to Megaton, that doesn't help all that other content out there.

lol. i wasn't making like a full on hard claim of it. i was just saying it could be worth a shot of trying. like maybe a non-eduke version could be made or something. now i get that some mods and tc's run on eduke more than those that don't, and i can live with that. i got some mods and tc's that are eduke working only. but i was saying that it would be cool if this direct system mod in it's final stage could work with megaton and people could play it with there friends using megaton until eduke32 somehow, and i do mean somehow gets mp made for it since it seems like it won't be, least from what i hear. and with the maps on this mod being big and long. they'd made nice co-opable maps to play. if MrGlasses wants to give it a go, then cool. if not, then that's ok. and as far as the whole "once eduke32 gets multiplayer (which will end up being vastly superior to Megaton's)" goes. if it's easy to get going, where there's no port forwarding, no typing in this or that just to get a mp game going. then it'll be worth beating Megaton in the online multiplayer status

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMickey C, on 30 April 2014 - 02:35 AM, said:

Try to have a full grasp of compatibility issues before making claims like that. Besides, with your logic once eduke32 gets multiplayer...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Drek: 30 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That was before the hiatus wasn't it?

User is offline   Kyanos 

Yeah... good ol' days... Sorry MrGlasses for drifting off topic. Keep up the good work man.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostDrek, on 30 April 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

Yeah... good ol' days... Sorry MrGlasses for drifting off topic. Keep up the good work man.

MrGlasses B)

i recently was able to beat the demo mod of Direct System. figured i'd post it here to show mine

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 21 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

User is offline   Gambini 

Why the duplicated thread?

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

Wanted to finish this mod for 12 years but unfortunately it ended up being too messy and coding difficulties made it not fun to work.

I'm releasing every art asset I've done, this includes finished art, not finished art, cut content art and better quality of that intro video.
I would released the playable build itself but it has too many temp copyright assets to deal with.

Download: Mediafire or Puush.me

Posted Image

You can use 'em, modify 'em or whatever. If you do use 'em in someway then crediting me would be nice and maybe forums PM too B)
Not required tho.

There's also lot of story that unfortunately will never see the light of day, especially the ending cutscene.

Why now?
Recent Ion Maiden release made me remember this mod.

I can't edit main post :)

Oh and also I wanna thank to Fox and Hendricks266 for being helpful in forums.

This post has been edited by Jenz/Amaka: 01 March 2018 - 03:45 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Sorry to hear you're cancelling the mod - a lot of this stuff looks really cool, it will definitely find a good home; thanks for releasing it for use.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options