• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom Corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Nah I agree with Zaxx. Doom 2016 was loved by veteran Doomers and Gen Z gamers alike, but now you're complaining about aesthetics. Sure.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

I managed to do it, after nearly getting 33/34 twice, and eventually settled on a 35.

Never. Again.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 01 January 2020 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 01 January 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

Nah I agree with Zaxx. Doom 2016 was loved by veteran Doomers and Gen Z gamers alike, but now you're complaining about aesthetics. Sure.

So the only options people have is, loved it without question or absolutely hate it. Is that it? That's bullshit.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Nah, I'm just getting an "old man yelling at the clouds" vibe from the last page. Doom 2016 wasn't perfect but it was a great throwback to classic shooters. I personally really liked the weapon design.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postnecroslut, on 01 January 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

Whatever, retard. We all know your opinions on everything are dumb. I'm out.

Hey, at least I can maintain a normal conversation without losing my shit for no reason. Btw. yes, I do find your opinion the mumblings of a frustrated contrarian who's angry because a game got popular so he desperately found somethnig to dislike but that doesn't mean that we can't talk about it. :lol:

You purposely misconstrued what he said.

It's called a joke.

• Judge Mental

View PostZaxx, on 01 January 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

It's called a joke.

It would have to be funny for it to qualify, and instead of making a joke, you shoud have actually responded to what was said.

Guy: These are my preferences
Guy 2: HAHA HA TITS FART BUTTBUBBLES GURP GURP.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

So now you want to tell me what funny is too? :lol:

Look, the thing is that I just don't think that comparing TNG to Discovery when it comes to visuals is a good argument at all because there is no real contest there. TNG was so cheap compared to anything relatively modern that nowadays if you watch the remastered version of the show in HD you're like "hey, that styrofoam wall moved" and "hey, another scene shot on Planet Hell!" (Planet Hell is the stage in Paramount Studios they used to shoot lots of planet exteriors / caves). Hell, even some of the iconic things fans appreciate are there because of the cheap production, for example Picard is straightening his uniform all the time because the costume was made too short so Patrick Stewart had to figure something out to keep it in place so that it would look nice on camera. And that's how we have this (and btw. these were the better costumes they got later on the show, before these the uniforms were fucking jumpsuits):

Yep, Discovery can bother you because it's just obnoxious in a lot of places but that has nothing to do with how detailed the CGI is. The people behind Discovery were just idiots so they made Star Trek into a war movie.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 01 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Damn, necro was right about his word usage. I noticed it in other threads too, but the picture's clear now.

Anyway I'm glad a few of us could agree about the art direction of these new games being problematic. And don't get me wrong, I liked Doom 2016 (although I wasn't as crazy about it as others) and Eternal might be fun, but I wish we got away from "more is better!!". A good rule to follow with graphics should be "with great power comes great responsibility". :lol:

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 01 January 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

Damn, necro was right about his word usage. I noticed it in other threads too, but the picture's clear now.

What? :lol: My word usage? :) Should I call everyone retarded too or what's wrong with my word usage? I want to fit in, please tell me how much I have to dumb myself down and how much more jaded I should be so that I could relate to the deep things going on here.

Dude, English is my fucking second language, my vocabulary and my grammar are both terrible yet I'm the one who repeatedly gets called pretentious because of his word usage? If you live in an English speaking country then please emigrate if you can only speak in a proto language.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 01 January 2020 - 04:27 PM

• banned!

View PostZaxx, on 01 January 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

What? :lol: My word usage? :) Should I call everyone retarded too or what's wrong with my word usage?

I'm saying necroslut was right to call you a retard because you are one. Lmao

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 01 January 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

I'm saying necroslut was right to call you a retard because you are one. Lmao

Why? Because we disagree on the weapon designs of Doom 2016 and how Star Trek TNG looks like???? That's enough for you to start insulting the other guy? What the fuck?

How about coming up with an actual argument in a discussion instead of showing how much of a sociopath you are?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 01 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

• banned!

it's just boring reading your posts. You consistently misconstrue/misinterpret people's words and seem personally attacked if someone dislikes something you like. You wanna argue about taste like there can ever be an objective interpretation when all people wanna do is just vent or see if someone agrees with them. Then you yammer on trying to get in the last word, which is rather embarrassing and makes me cringe every time. Everyone but you gets that I was talking about the aesthetics of TNG relative to Discovery, not some styrofoam walls. Not every choice made in old movies/series/games was due to a technological limitation. And saying "war movie" is just another way of phrasing or adding onto "the CGI is too detailed". I don't even disagree that the writers are idiots, but you phrased it as a counter argument to my comment, which is just inane. Again - wanting to get the last word.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

But of course it was phrased as a counter argument, that's how a fucking debate looks like! Necro asked if anyone agreed with him, I dared to say that I fucking don't and I dared to construct an argument to explain why... that's what makes me retarded? :lol: Wanting to know what his argument is and wanting to have a conversation? Debating BAAAD?

Everyone but you gets that I was talking about the aesthetics of TNG relative to Discovery, not some styrofoam walls. Not every choice made in old movies/series/games was due to a technological limitation.

I get what you're talking about, I just don't agree with it because I can no longer appreciate the aesthetics since the sets are cheap as fuck.

And the thing is that every single time I see a comparison here it's always the old shit being compared to the new shit with the deliberate goal to just say how bad the new shit is from some aspect because that's what nostalgia does. For example the Orville looks absolutely how a more modern TNG would look like because the show's objective is basically to replicate old school Star Trek but you don't compare the Orville to Discovery, nope, that would actually make sense so let's compare the new stuff it to the outdated old stuff that objectively looks like shit now because it's cool to illustrate vaguely thought out points badly.

And saying "war movie" is just another way of phrasing or adding onto "the CGI is too detailed".

No. Remember things like storytelling? Script? Direction? Direction of photography? Camerawork? You know, all the shit that ultimately decides how a show will look and feel like before the CGI nerds start using the computers? The fact that TNG is traditional semi-hard sci-fi while Discovery is an action-drama series has to have an effect, no?

Again - wanting to get the last word.

No, just trying to continue the conversation because I don't get why you're being so frustrated by a simple fucking discussion. You know, guy wants to have a discussion and debate stuff in a thread for discussing and debating things ---> he is the scum of the earth, call me retarded for the third time but that's a complicated concept for me.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 01 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

• banned!

Sweet jumping Jesus. No one was trying to have a "debate", dude. You mix words like argument, debate, conversation. Conversation =/= debate. If you like chocolate and I don't, will you try to sell me on the merits of chocolate and tell me what the company had in mind when developing their particular brand? That's another thing I notice from you, you're always trying to explain what some company thought internally when they made some decision and trying to justify it, when in actuality you have no clue. You did that in the thread about Fresh Supply and plenty of other times. You also try to psychoanalyze people and why they like something when they don't agree with you. Fuck off m8.

Saw your edit. I don't think you wanna discuss anything, I think you're actually insecure about your own tastes and seek external validation. You wanna like the "right things", so you have some weird ass explanations for why some things are good/bad.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 01 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 01 January 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

That's another thing I notice from you, you're always trying to explain what some company thought internally when they made some decision and trying to justify it, when in actuality you have no clue.

It's just that I have a clue actually: I'm interested in this shit so I read stuff, what I talk about is usually just what I read or saw in an interview or presentation.

You also try to psychoanalyze people and why they like something when they don't agree with you.

Saying that nostalgia can affect how you think about things is psychoanalysis now? I expected a "thanks, captain obvious".

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Anyway here's something Doom from Decino:

• banned!

What does it matter how people think about video games or Star Trek? If I wanna say that something fucking sucks, that's not a judgment against anyone. I'm not calling for the thing to be banned and saying I'm a victim of nostalgia and just wanna deliberately hate on something because I'm a moron (that's your implication) gives me every right to call you a retard in return, because that's the level of "debate" you've raised. You'd like people to verbally run around in circles with you because it tickles you in the right spot or something, but others don't have the patience.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 01 January 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

because I'm a moron (that's your implication)

No, that's not my implication, I never criticise people, I criticise their arguments (though I'm sure as hell not above responding in kind to personal insults). I don't think it's my job to constantly ensure people that no, just because I say that an argument is bad or stupid I'm not saying that the person making that argument is stupid. Very intelligent people can say some very dumb shit sometimes so I don't judge based on random comments.

What does it matter how people think about video games or Star Trek? If I wanna say that something fucking sucks, that's not a judgment against anyone.

Personally I just like arguing about stuff like this because I'm curious. For example necroslut thinks that the weapons in Doom 2016 are overdesigned garbage? Why does he think that? Is it because he simply doesn't like the weapon designs or because he has a problem with the game's overall design? My bet is on the second option because based on his comments I think he's just bothered by the fact that the new Doom is "self aware" and knows how dumb its setting is. To some people (people who may have thought about Doom as a more serious game) that can be insulting and usually that's what I see online. "Overdesigned" weapons is just the scapegoat for the bigger problem basically.

Anyway I just want to find out if I'm right or wrong because I can't rationalize anyone calling years of hard work by the best 3D modellers and animators out there garbage.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 01 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

• banned!

View PostZaxx, on 01 January 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

Very intelligent people can say some very dumb shit sometimes so I don't judge based on random comments.

It's not "dumb shit" when you're talking about taste. Going on about how someone is wrong for not liking something just makes you sound like a condescending asshole. Not everyone has to think like you.

View PostZaxx, on 01 January 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

Personally I just like arguing about stuff like this because I'm curious. For example necroslut thinks that the weapons in Doom 2016 are overdesigned garbage? Why does he think that?

Maybe change your tone if you only want to satisfy your curiosity.

Good night.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

PSA: If you find yourself in an unpleasant back-and-forth with someone else in a forum thread, try to keep in mind that literally no one cares about the dispute outside of the disputants. So you have to ask yourself, is it worth it to respond to the other person's latest barbs and keep the thread off topic when no one is going to care except you. I know it's hard, I've been there myself, but honestly it's better just to let it go after a few posts and let the other guy get the last word.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 01 January 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

Maybe change your tone if you only want to satisfy your curiosity.

Dude, two of you called me retarded simply because you've lost your patience when all I did was challenge an argument, I have absolutely no problem when it comes to my tone. It's like I'm supposed to treat you as gently as possible and walk on eggshells in order not to frustrate you with my sad little opinions yet for you it's okay to be like "well fuck you man you're a retarded sick fuck who gets off on shit". :lol:

But yeah, this has gone on for far too many posts so I'll just agree to disagree and piss off too.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 01 January 2020 - 06:59 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

Not gonna bother with quotes, so I'll just say

Re: Doom: I like Doom 2016. I like most of its art direction too. There's just a few things I don't like about it, one being the visual design of the guns that follow a trend of overdesigned weapons in modern games – it's like they don't know what to do with all this resolution. In a game with a generally (relative to other contemporary games) pretty clean visual design, I think they stand out in a bad way. "Overdesigned garbage" was hyperbole, I thought that was fairly obvious and didn't need to be explained.
If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't bother commenting on the gun aesthetics. It's like, I don't care about the suit designs on MCU movies, even though it's often trash, because the movies are trash in general. It's like spitting on a garbage dump, it doesn't matter.

Re: Star Trek TNG: Watching an 80's TV show in HD and complaining that it looks cheap is dumb. Watch it on a CRT, like it was meant to be shown, and it looks pretty damn good.
And no, it's not nostalgia, I only watched TNG in the last five years or so, never saw it growing up. Accusing someone of "nostalgia" is a really terrible argument, basically on the same level as calling someone retarded.
It's the same as when playing older games in higher resolutions – you're gonna see tons of stuff you weren't mean to see. If you do that, it's on you, the developers or filmmakers doesn't have any responsibility to make shit look good in future resolutions. It would just waste a ton of resources for no reason.

Also, someone doesn't have to "lose their shit" to call you a retard. It's pretty easy to do.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 01 January 2020 - 10:04 PM

• Judge Mental

I'm gonna be the one to say it then.

Star Trek The Next Generation looks damn good in HD. Best of Both Worlds on the big screen was a treat. You know what TNG isn't? Visually cluttered, over produced, full of unnecessary grim lighting, and everything isn't covered in grime and filth. It's Star Trek, as it's supposed to be - visually.

I'm with necroslut here. I think the game is honestly really well made. I had a lot of fun with it, my brother and I got on to swapping war stories, many sections are very replayable. It's good shit. I just agree that the guns feel a little bit detail heavy for it's own sake and that some of the guns look better than others because their form seems to follow their function better. To a degree I think that also translates to some parts of the environmental design as well. Even the producers of the game felt that it was something they had to fight to over come. All that visual detail made it paramount to emphasize the navigation all the more.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostCommando Nukem, on 01 January 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

Star Trek The Next Generation looks damn good in HD. Best of Both Worlds on the big screen was a treat. [size=2]You know what TNG isn't? Visually cluttered, over produced, full of unnecessary grim lighting, and everything isn't covered in grime and filth. It's Star Trek, as it's supposed to be - visually.

I agree with that but most of that has to do with the fact that the HD remaster is really-really good work, they went back and redid all the special effects, corrected the lighting, upped the color saturation etc. It's different than how it originally looked like and that creates a few problems here and there, for example I get that more vibrant colors look better in HD because LCD TVs have shit blacks but TNG is so warm and colorful now that its tone doesn't fit the decidedly darker DS9.

But yeah, it does look nicer overall even though you can spot more flaws because the updated special effects add a lot and the image enhancements make the whole thing look richer than it actually was.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 01 January 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm gonna be the one to say it then.

Star Trek The Next Generation looks damn good in HD. Best of Both Worlds on the big screen was a treat. [size=2]You know what TNG isn't? Visually cluttered, over produced, full of unnecessary grim lighting, and everything isn't covered in grime and filth. It's Star Trek, as it's supposed to be - visually.

I've actually only watched very little of TNG in HD, and I can't recall it looking particularly bad, but as a general statement I still stand by it – it's true for a lot of shows. Raising the resolution of movies, shows or games doesn't automatically make things look better – often it does the opposite.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postnecroslut, on 01 January 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

Also, someone doesn't have to "lose their shit" to call you a retard. It's pretty easy to do.

Sure, it's just that people who do or support that kind of stuff are shit or just really-really dumb people. Yes, I know that a lenghty discussion can be frustrating or tiring if you don't want to participate in it but it's always better not to participate if the other choice is to start acting like an animal. Why do that and embarrass yourself? Have some class, come on, we're just people talking about dumb shit.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 01 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

• banned!

View PostZaxx, on 01 January 2020 - 10:37 PM, said:

Why do that and embarrass yourself? Have some class, come on, we're just people talking about dumb shit.

Saying "you're embarrassing yourself" only works when everyone is on your side, tardface. :lol: The thing that bothers me most is you always try to make it seem like you didn't understand what was written when in fact you did, but you're hoping that by misconstruing the other persons post (saying I want you to "walk on eggshells"), others are convinced as well. No one is, but by all means keep it up. I honestly wouldn't have even given a shit, so in some ways it might seem like we're abnormally upset about this topic (Doom graphics or whatever), but actually the irritation's been building for a while.

Now let's see who will have the last word! :)

Edit: Yeah, figures. This is how a troll baits you, by forcing you to make endless clarifications for points that are easy for anyone with more than a two digit IQ to comprehend.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 02 January 2020 - 03:15 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Well, I don't care about "having the last word", that's just another one of those imaginery things you keep repeating, I just write a comment if I think that's warranted and I don't when it's not.

Sadly I think it's warranted now because you keep saying shit like this:

The thing that bothers me most is you always try to make it seem like you didn't understand what was written when in fact you did, but you're hoping that by misconstruing the other persons post (saying I want you to "walk on eggshells"), others are convinced as well. No one is, but by all means keep it up.

Who are these "others" that I'm aiming to convince? I don't know if you've noticed but usually when there's a shitshow going on nobody really cares about it, around 3 or 4 people will waste time to read most of this shit: the ones that are involved. Really if you'd stop acting like if you were writing comments for a fucking audience I think we'd be closer to a conclusion. Nobody cares, you don't have to push it to the wall, you can speak normally.

I honestly wouldn't have even given a shit, so in some ways it might seem like we're abnormally upset about this topic

It seems like that? How could that be? Come on, fight against that pride and arrogance a bit more, let that intelligent thing your mind wants you to say surface. :lol:

Fucking hell you guys are hopeless.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 02 January 2020 - 03:01 AM

• banned!

Shit, if I had seen the last few pages of the DNF 2001 thread I would've never even said anything. Sorry for helping add more Zaxx posts to this place.

View PostHorseDongSub69, on 30 December 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Everybody on this forum agrees you're a retard, you know that right?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Here's another one for ya then, smash that downvote button to add some fun into your miserable lives.

Share this topic:

• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options