• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom Corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's no coincidence that the coloured blocks match the colours of the keycards. Certainly homage.

User is offline   FistMarine 

Here is yet another Duke in Doom mod, which was released recently: https://www.doomworl...t-in-doom-v0-1/

The only thing I don't like is that the shrinker sprite is the one from DNF, which looks out of place when you compare with the rest weapons that use sprites from Duke3D and Duke64. :dukeaffirmative:

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Guys I broke down :woot: am I a sucker for this?

Collectors edition I can't resist that statue and box plus I played the mp already and had fun got it Thursday :whistling: I'm sure the sp will offer something.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 27 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostFistMarine, on 26 February 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Here is yet another Duke in Doom mod, which was released recently: https://www.doomworl...t-in-doom-v0-1/

The only thing I don't like is that the shrinker sprite is the one from DNF, which looks out of place when you compare with the rest weapons that use sprites from Duke3D and Duke64. :whistling:

I strongly dislike the engine it uses. Wish it was in any other

View PostSixty Four, on 27 February 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

Collectors edition I can't resist that statue and box plus I played the mp already and had fun got it Thursday :whistling: I'm sure the sp will offer something.

Posted Image

I'm pumped for it too, I'll definitely play it day one no doubt. Gonna be DOOMtastic!

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostHulkNukem, on 27 February 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

I strongly dislike the engine it uses. Wish it was in any other

What's wrong with 3DGE engine, mind to tell me? Since the latest version has ported everything from EDGE 1.35 and still updates.
(Unless you don't like EDGE engine at all...:whistling:)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 28 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Don't feel bad, I pre ordered the special pack on Mighty Ape, only get a T shirt, poster, BFG keyring and some multiplayer DLC with the game, but I don't care, I fucking want Doom 4!!

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I wanted to get the CE for the amazing revenant, but apparently I can't get it from GameStop or something so whatever, I'll grab the game when it's 5€ on Steam.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is a big title from Beth. They usually issue a quality product (after an update or two). It's not like it's going to be some shitty console based side-port like the latest Batman fiasco. If finances permit, I'll be pre ordering this.

View PostPlayer Lin, on 28 February 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

What's wrong with 3DGE engine, mind to tell me? Since the latest version has ported everything from EDGE 1.35 and still updates.
(Unless you don't like EDGE engine at all...:whistling:)

Its mostly the movement, theres a certain weight to it I don't like and choppiness when moving up and down stairs, for instance.
I also just strongly prefer ZDoom over it.

View PostSixty Four, on 27 February 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 27 February 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

I'm pumped for it too, I'll definitely play it day one no doubt. Gonna be DOOMtastic!

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com! Sixty Four what platform did you got it on? PS4, Xbox One or PC? I got it for PS4.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Interesting perspective from a id's new general manager, Garrett Young.

“I’m most proud of the team we've built – probably the best we've ever had here at id,” Young says.
:whistling:

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Yeah, fuck those old fogies that laid the groundwork for the entire goddamn industry. WE GOT RANDOM FACELESS PROGRAMMERS AND DESIGNERS IN DOZENS OF SIMILAR LOOKING CUBICLES.

Did the original team include a pirate?

Posted Image

I think not.
Check and mate.

• Judge Mental

Oh shit.

I take it all back.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 28 February 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yeah, fuck those old fogies that laid the groundwork for the entire goddamn industry. WE GOT RANDOM FACELESS PROGRAMMERS AND DESIGNERS IN DOZENS OF SIMILAR LOOKING CUBICLES.

Come on! Are you implying it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to program that one setpiece that blows up in that one cutscene in that one level?

User is offline   Lunick 

https://twitter.com/...953743495110657

I designed the original spider boss for #Doom in 1992. Here is a peek at my 2016 take, still lots pieces missing

Posted Image

• Turok Nukem

View PostDustFalcon85, on 28 February 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com! Sixty Four what platform did you got it on? PS4, Xbox One or PC? I got it for PS4.

Got it for PC :whistling: and from the Bethesda store I was wondering if they will let me just pick it up since Bethesda is a few minutes away from me hehe. Ahh PS4 that means you won't be blowing my tail up :woot: Hey they won't let us buy 2 copies. While I wish I could get two copies I think it is very nice and smart of them to limit it like that. That's pretty much taking away those buyers who would just buy copies to sell to sad Doomie fans later on at ridiculous prices.

How do you guys think Doom 4's competitive scene would turn out? A major staple in QuakeCon tournaments for years to come, or gets forgotten for Quake Live again after a few years (like what happened to Doom 3/Quake 4)? I think next year would be a pretty fancy year for old-school FPS tournaments seeing as how Unreal Tournament 4 is still looming on the horizon too, assuming the games doesn't flop.

Anyone here even interested in attending QuakeCon as a Doom 4 tournament contestant? Quake Live is too saturated by untouchables who've been competitive for a decade, and they'll probably flock to Doom 4. Would newcomers even stand a chance?

Reverse cover options for the Doom box:

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can vote on them here:
https://twitter.com/...424052358418432

Both look absolutely fantastic.

In my opinion, B should have been the actual cover, and A the reverse, but that might very well be out of the developers' power to decide.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 03 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

B obviously because there's more details, but I don't like how saturated with red it feels. Yes, I know it's supposed to emulate the style of the original Doom cover, but something about the original Doom cover makes it easier on the eyes.

They should have read this.

• Turok Nukem

I like option B better but damn option A is cool to. CE should come with both lol we paid how much? Put them both in there for that :whistling: You know option B should just be the cover all together. Scrap that Doom marine cover and just use these 2 only.

View PostPikaCommando, on 03 March 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

B obviously because there's more details, but I don't like how saturated with red it feels. Yes, I know it's supposed to emulate the style of the original Doom cover, but something about the original Doom cover makes it easier on the eyes.

I agree it has a bit to much saturation on the red and strains the eyes. I know they were probably going for the old "colorful" feeling but they didn't really pull it off perfectly. It makes me squint but its lovely art.

I decreased the red here for fun its not as colorful but certainly easier on the eyes imo :woot:
Posted Image

I love them both

View PostSixty Four, on 03 March 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

I like option B better but damn option A is cool to. CE should come with both lol we paid how much? Put them both in there for that :whistling: You know option B should just be the cover all together. Scrap that Doom marine cover and just use these 2 only.

I agree it has a bit to much saturation on the red and strains the eyes. I know they were probably going for the old "colorful" feeling but they didn't really pull it off perfectly. It makes me squint but its lovely art.

I decreased the red here for fun its not as colorful but certainly easier on the eyes imo :woot:
Posted Image

Wow, that looks tons better already. Feels more "natural" now without that shit red filter. In fact, it looks even more colorful now because colors other than red can be seen more clearly. You should tweet this to them for the heck of it :V

EDIT: Too late, someone did it first already.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 03 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

Option B is fucking sexy

User is offline   Lunick 

Does Cover A confirm the Icon of Sin is in the game? It looks like it has a dark patch in its forehead...

• Judge Mental

Looks like they literally photoshopped the original Carmack sketch.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostLunick, on 03 March 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Does Cover A confirm the Icon of Sin is in the game? It looks like it has a dark patch in its forehead...

Not necessarily. It's iconic and its art was used in Doom too.

Also according to Final Doom manual, its name is "Baphomet".

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

Source

View PostLunick, on 03 March 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Last month's GameInformer talked about giant demons called Titans (the giant demonic skeletons you see in backgrounds). Perhaps the Icon of Sin would be one of the Titans, and it would be fought as the final boss. Maybe at last we will finally fight true 3D full body Icon of Sin.

Also, while I'm pretty hyped about that since it means the fight might be pretty different than it was in Doom 2 (assuming they're not going for nostalgia fuel), sometimes I wish they would go for more original ideas that don't suck. A good example would be the Maledict from Resurrection of Evil, who is probably the only final boss in the series that isn't a (complete) pushover, probably because it had more than one attack. What were they smoking when they designed the Cyberdemon boss fight for Doom 3?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 05 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

Share this topic:

• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options