• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom Corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostDaedolon, on 09 February 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

Why is the revenant bleeding down below?

Must be that time of the month

View PostLunick, on 09 February 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

It's too much time.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTakehiko, on 08 February 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

over this:

They probably choose something that would appeal to the lowest common denominator.

This post has been edited by Fox: 09 February 2016 - 04:04 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostFantinaikos, on 09 February 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

It's too much time.

Bethesda has him by the balls, so I wouldn't say it's too much.

View PostFox, on 09 February 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

They probably choose something that would appeal to the lowest common denominator.

A shame that even soundtrack is garbage for the same reason. And I wouldn't even mind good techno ost over metal. New Wolfenstein has way better ost than this thing.

By the way, it will be kinda funny if Doom is no better than Forever and still will be received pretty well by critics.

Posted Image

Here's the full clean art if anyone needs it for whatever

Here's the full clean art if anyone needs it for whatever

You mean like that?

Attached Image: Sonic Doom.png

I'm pretty scared how it fits...

Someone have to make Forever from it.

View PostTakehiko, on 09 February 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Someone have to make Forever from it.

Ask and ye shall receive

Posted Image

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostTakehiko, on 09 February 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

A shame that even soundtrack is garbage for the same reason. And I wouldn't even mind good techno ost over metal. New Wolfenstein has way better ost than this thing.

Oh fuck off, you've heard one, maybe two tracks like the rest of us (one being simple ambiance)... and you're saying this? Just FYI, it's the same musician working on this soundtrack as Wolfenstein TNO, and same style. How about we wait until we actually hear the whole soundtrack first without gunshot noises and other crap before we pass judgement on the entire thing. The only thing I can pass judgement on is the title theme, which definitely could use some improvement. (I never considered "At Doom's Gate" to be the Doom theme like they are passing it off as here. Doom never had a theme song, until PSX Doom and Doom 64. )

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Concepts from the Doom Art Book.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The concept in the middle is more like a monster for Odium/Gorky17.

That jetpack though.

View PostPikaCommando, on 09 February 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Ask and ye shall receive

Glorious.

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 February 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

Oh fuck off, you've heard one, maybe two tracks like the rest of us (one being simple ambiance)... and you're saying this? Just FYI, it's the same musician working on this soundtrack as Wolfenstein TNO, and same style. How about we wait until we actually hear the whole soundtrack first without gunshot noises and other crap before we pass judgement on the entire thing. The only thing I can pass judgement on is the title theme, which definitely could use some improvement. (I never considered "At Doom's Gate" to be the Doom theme like they are passing it off as here. Doom never had a theme song, until PSX Doom and Doom 64. )

Well, you have a point, but the problem is that the same TNO had good tracks in its promotional videos and better main theme which is worrying. Plus, I don't really know if the style of other tracks will be different from "At Doom's Gate", I expect it to be the same plus ambient music, but if I'm wrong it will be pleasant surprise. I wonder if alpha has other tracks besides main theme though.

This post has been edited by Takehiko: 10 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

But we can't deny the iconography of "At Doom's Gate". Even if that's not the official DooM theme, it's the most memorable track because - apart from the weird little intro music you hear at the main menu - it's the first full-length song in the game. Besides, it's a catchy riff (that's been lifted from D.R.I. and Metallica, but nonetheless).

Aubrey Hodges' track, while beautiful (as is par for the course for Mr. Hodges), does not have that same level of toe-tapping, whistling memorability.

It's like Commander Keen 4 with "A Kick In The Pants In Good Old Hillville". Not the first song but easily the most memorable.

Edit: Furthermore, inevitably with video games, there will be songs associated with them that you think of first even if they're not the title theme. See (or hear) "Dracula's Castle" with Symphony Of The Night; "Bloody Tears" with Simon's Quest; "Overworld Theme" with Super Mario World, etc.

This post has been edited by Inspector Lagomorf: 10 February 2016 - 12:01 PM

User is offline   Fox 

They should have used At Doom's Gate in the menu/title.

This post has been edited by Fox: 10 February 2016 - 12:25 PM

View PostFox, on 10 February 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

But if they used it there, it wouldn't have as much impact when E1M1 loads up. I think the main menu theme serves well enough to lead up to At Doom's Gate and amp up its awesomeness more, transitioning from some weird boom to MIDI metal. Same can be said for Doom 2 and Runnin' from Evil.

Also, while not related, I think this is used to great effect in DN3D as the rockin' Grabbag menu theme transitions to the atmospheric Stalker.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 10 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostPikaCommando, on 09 February 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Ask and ye shall receive

*DNF Doom image*

Still a million times better than DNF's actual cover.

User is offline   Fox 

I remember people saying they were ashamed of buying DNF at the store because of that cover.

I like how if you google image search "DNF cover" it's all some unrelated music album cover of a hot topless chick. I don't mind the game's cover, but maybe they should've used that one it's pretty cool

On the game's cover, I love that other piece of official art where he's holding the pigcop head, that would've made a good cover.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 10 February 2016 - 02:42 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I learned Doom Builder this last week and made my first map in it.
Its built for ZDoom and needs Doom2.wad (freedoom2.wad also works perfectly)
You can download it here
100% playthrough

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 13 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Impressive shapes, but shading needs a ton of work.

View PostFox, on 10 February 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

It's main menu theme in alpha. So, At Doom's Gate is really official Doom theme because of the main menu, unless they'll fix it. And I doubt they will. That At Doon's Gate version which you can find everywhere is from the alpha.

This post has been edited by Takehiko: 11 February 2016 - 06:30 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostLunick, on 09 February 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

Menstruation jokes are NOT funny. Period.

:dukeaffirmative:

:dukeaffirmative:

Well, I'm pumped for this game. On the official Doom twitter they just said the campaign is around 13 hours, when played by people in the office. So probably something like 9 or 10 hours, maybe 7 hours on a fast play. Sounds decent for a single-player FPS campaign these days.

https://twitter.com/...883390821982208

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 12 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I just hope they have more than 3 difficulty modes, I'll go for Ultraviolent first shot.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

User is offline   Bloodshot 

https://www.doomworl...-code-new-info/

Some guy is digging through the doom 4 alpha code and has found references to the archvile, spider mastermind, quake-style strafe jumping, and a bunch of other things

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Arrgghhh enemy spoilers!

View PostMalgon, on 07 February 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Just saw this mod and thought it looked pretty cool:

It's still a WIP but it already looks like a lot of fun to play.

I spy a Duke 3D door. Looks great.

I've got it installed now and after The Lady and I take The Puppy for some free range mixing with other dogs at the park, the Valentine evening plans are for me to play this on the TV while The Lady watches and wraps up her David Bowie embroidery.

Despite working at CA, I've managed to avoid Doom enough that it will still be a surprise. I've not seen single player once... haven't even watched the teaser videos you all have seen.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostWieder, on 14 February 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Despite working at CA, I've managed to avoid Doom enough that it will still be a surprise. I've not seen single player once... haven't even watched the teaser videos you all have seen.

Off-topic:
Wieder, can you quickly break NDA and talk about the unannounced AAA title Certain Affinity is developing? Just the genre and publisher would be sweet. Cheers!

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 14 February 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Wieder, can you quickly break NDA and...

Indeed I can.

I spy a Duke 3D door. Looks great.

Ok a lot more than just a door.

I've got it installed now...

A few missions in and it's pretty nice. The weapons are impressively satisfying to use.

Share this topic:

• 156 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options