• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom Corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostLunick, on 03 March 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

User is offline   Malgon 

It shouldn't even be a choice between the two, as it should just be A on one side, B on the other, then everyone is happy and we can all forget about the lame ass shit they're trying to pass off as the front cover right now.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I LOVE Cover B but I definitely get a Brutal Doom vibe from it. It doesn't seem like something that would fit a AAA game released in 2016.

User is online   Lunick 

If you want to learn more about the 3DO Doom port... http://www.nodontdie...becca-heineman/

User is online   Lunick 

User is offline   Malgon 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know which cover is actually leading in the Twitter poll?

This post has been edited by Malgon: 07 March 2016 - 12:26 AM

User is online   Lunick 

View PostMalgon, on 07 March 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know which cover is actually leading in the Twitter poll?

Posted Image

User is offline   Malgon 

Thanks Lunick. :whistling:

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Watch that marketing executives intervene and say they think Cover A will sell better, so they're going with that.

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks like option B won the reversible side vote (as if it was ever in any doubt).

Sickass new trailer for Doom's multiplayer!

I wish the announcer sounds more brutal though.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Other than the blood and gibs, this looks like Halo 4 MP which makes sense since it was made by Certain Affinity.

Also gives me a bit of a Quake 4 multiplayer vibe and a little UT in there too. Looks good!

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

The closed beta will be live on Steam between March 31, 10pm ET - April 3, 11:59pm ET, and will only be available to those who pre-ordered The New Order back in 2014.

Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
Demon: Revenant
Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade

System Specs.

Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Intel Core i5-2400 or better / AMD FX-8320 or better
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or better / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better
Up to 22GB HDD space
Steam account
Broadband internet connection

Recommended Spec (1080p)
Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Intel Core i7-3770 or better / AMD FX-8350 or better
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) or better / AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better
Up to 22GB HDD space
Steam account
Broadband internet connection

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 09 March 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Other than the blood and gibs, this looks like Halo 4 MP which makes sense since it was made by Certain Affinity.

Other than visuals, it doesn't play anything like Halo 4 MP, or any Halo MP. (I'm a fan of Halo's MP, and play it regularly)

It's more like Unreal Tournament actually, even moreso UT than Quake 3, with a little Quake Live (In regards to loadouts). All games I play regularly as well. Only major thing that sets it apart (and a negative IMHO) is that it has some severe movement slowdown when you strafe.

Turns out that Doom 4 has bots for multiplayer as well. I have the leaked build, and it enables stuff the closed alpha didn't have. (Such as a Q3-Style movement cvar, which removes the aforementioned strafe slowdown).

I think the only thing mildly Halo-like in Doom 4 MP, is the Repeater Rifle, which is basically like the Battle Rifle. (3-shot burst rifle that can headshot.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 10 March 2016 - 05:27 AM

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 March 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Other that visuals, it doesn't play anything like Halo 4 MP, or any Halo MP. (I'm a fan of Halo's MP, and play it regularly)

It's more like Unreal Tournament actually, even moreso UT than Quake 3, with a little Quake Live (In regards to loadouts). All games I play regularly as well. Only major thing that sets it apart (and a negative IMHO) is that it has some severe movement slowdown when you strafe.

Turns out that Doom 4 has bots for multiplayer as well. I have the leaked build, and it enables stuff the closed alpha didn't have. (Such as a Q3-Style movement cvar, which removes the aforementioned strafe slowdown).

I think the only thing mildly Halo-like in Doom 4 MP, is the Repeater Rifle, which is basically like the Battle Rifle. (3-shot burst rifle that can headshot.)

Is it a gradual slowdown or instant slower speed the moment you begin to strafe? Can't imagine how anyone would want to play with that on.

Are the bots functional in the leaked build?

• Auramancer

View PostPikaCommando, on 09 March 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

Is it a gradual slowdown or instant slower speed the moment you begin to strafe? Can't imagine how anyone would want to play with that on.

Are the bots functional in the leaked build?

Instant slowdown, cancels out forward momentum too, very irritating. For example, you could hold forward and build up to a running pace, then if you tap strafe left or strafe right while still holding forward, you nearly stop dead in your tracks.

Bots are functional, and they're very good. They traverse the map intelligently and know how to use the parkour system.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 10 March 2016 - 05:22 AM

User is offline   xenoxols 

http://forum.zdoom.o...hp?f=19&t=51132
http://www.mediafire...g/xxls-west.pk3

Love that WIlhelm scream. :whistling: Looks great!

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Here's a question I can't seem to make sense of. Going through all the video and screenshots that I've seen of DOOM 2016, they show 2 different designs for the plasma rifle. I've considered the game's weapon upgrade system but the differences between the 2 meshes are great enough that it doesn't seem like an upgrade (it looks like a different design of the gun.) They've shown both meshes in single player and multiplayer so I don't know what to think. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this and what they think:

Posted Image

Both designs have appeared in recent media, so I don't think that the mesh was replaced with one or the other.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 12 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

View Postdeuxsonic, on 12 March 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Here's a question I can't seem to make sense of. Going through all the video and screenshots that I've seen of DOOM 2016, they show 2 different designs for the plasma rifle. I've considered the game's weapon upgrade system but the differences between the 2 meshes are great enough that it doesn't seem like an upgrade (it looks like a different design of the gun.) They've shown both meshes in single player and multiplayer so I don't know what to think. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this and what they think:

Posted Image

Both designs have appeared in recent media, so I don't think that the mesh was replaced with one or the other.

Ask questions, the truth is out there. I know when Doom 4 plasma gun is at least, May 13th babah!

• Auramancer

View Postdeuxsonic, on 12 March 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

<image>

The one on the left is used in the closed and leaked alphas... The attachment on the side fires large orange balls of plasma that are affected by gravity and leave an AOE burning effect on the ground for a short duration.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 12 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

Why would they maintain 2 different copies of the gun though? Even in present-day footage you still see the one on the left.

• Auramancer

Likely different appearances for different mods. (Different receivers, attachments, etc are all quite possible.) Or, the one on the right might just be an outdated mesh, as the one on the right only showed in the E3 footage.

Also notice that the shotgun model has changed in the recent multiplayer trailer as well, quite different from the campaign footage we have seen so far.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 12 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

1. - They swapped it recently and are still using screens and recordings from before the switch.
2. - They released that one in the alpha, didn't like it and are using the new one in development builds. Screens will be taken from dev builds and will show the different one.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

They both look pretty generic/forgettable though...

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Was it posted here? Anyway, take this wallpaper right now Posted Image

Spoiler

User is offline   leilei 

Yeah the pinkish colors, busy terrain and composition and the lack of clean lines on Doomguy in that one feels more like a deviantArt commission than a game cover.

This post has been edited by leilei: 13 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

Posted Image

I really liked the designs that DOOM 64 used. I wish they had made the Doomguy look more like this (and therefore in turn more like the original) than from head to toe in heavy green armor like Master Chief.

Share this topic:

• 157 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options