Duke4.net Forums: The Sale & Free Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sale & Free Thread  "Post here when there's a sale for games that people here want to b"

User is offline   Lunick 

Don't recommend G2A, there's far too many problems with that site.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostLunick, on 09 February 2021 - 02:51 AM, said:

Don't recommend G2A, there's far too many problems with that site.

With buying abandonware i don't have any issues
It seems to be more trustworthy then other resellers
And buying used games can be just as bad as buying from g2a.
As repros are common anyways

However, for stuff you can buy through normal avenues, i agree.

Don't buy games if the money doesn't go to the dev.
Don't support shady practices

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 09 February 2021 - 05:24 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

Agreed, I don't recommend G2A either. I only used them once because there was a $5 voucher on a gaming magazine to spend there. Once I used it and went to close my account there was a ridiculous amount of screens to get through and you had to wait 30 days to actually reconfirm it otherwise your account reactivates. Some people swear by it, but many don't. Just have a look at all the times it gets mentioned in news articles, because none of them are positive about it. Anyway, that's my rant over!

User is offline   deus-ex 

Claim Assassin’s Creed Chronicles for free at Ubisoft until February, 16th at 17:00 (your local time).

Rage 2 is free to keep on Epicgames, you have time to obtain it 'til February 25th.

Due to the high traffic, probably you need to try more times (4 attemps for me).

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 18 February 2021 - 02:37 PM

Metro 2033 is free to keep on Steam, you have time to obtain it 'til March 15th (oh well, if you hanven't it yet).

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

https://square-enix-...2-free-pc-games

Free squeenix games if you @ them on twitter

Deadlight Directors Cut free on GOG, if you own any game from Deepsilver on GOG. For example, any game of the Metro, Wasteland, Saints Row, or Pathfinder franchise. The offer is valid until 22nd March 2021, 02:00 PM UT.

This post has been edited by deus-ex: 19 March 2021 - 11:12 AM

XIII (Original Version) currently available for free on GOG until 1st April 2021.

26 games available for free on GOG during the Spring sale 2021. The list includes old classics like Biomenace, Shadow Warrior Classic Complete, Stargunner, and the f*ing epic Tyrian 2000.

This post has been edited by deus-ex: 30 March 2021 - 09:49 AM

View Postdeus-ex, on 30 March 2021 - 09:46 AM, said:

26 games available for free on GOG during the Spring sale 2021. The list includes old classics like Biomenace, Shadow Warrior Classic Complete, Stargunner, and the f*ing epic Tyrian 2000.

Most (if not all) were free already.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 30 March 2021 - 10:04 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah it seems I have all of those already. Except Gwent because screw PC card games.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

How regrettable it is, that free games have become some sort of sales pitch for digital stores, instead of being simply free games.

It's almost as if the sellers are impressing their POV on gamers: a game's value lies in the fact that it can be bought, not played.

(Never mind, just some random thoughts; but I can't but notice that some ten years ago, forum topics about free games listed actually free games, including a lot of FOSS projects; today, it's almost exclusively free giveaways, "deals" etc.)

View PostMrFlibble, on 31 March 2021 - 04:00 AM, said:

How regrettable it is, that free games have become some sort of sales pitch for digital stores, instead of being simply free games.

Sadly, it works. Just look at the Epic Store, how many people would have bother with it if it wasn't for the free games?

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 31 March 2021 - 09:54 AM

View PostLazy Dog, on 31 March 2021 - 09:51 AM, said:

Just look at the Epic Store, how many people would have bother with it if it wasn't for the free games?

:lol:

View PostLazy Dog, on 31 March 2021 - 09:51 AM, said:

Sadly, it works. Just look at the Epic Store, how many people would have bother with it if it wasn't for the free games?

What are you guys talking about!? The following is just a coincidence! xD

On epicgames Hitman III Starter Pack is free to keep right now.

Also, If you already grabbed HITMAN 1 for free on the Epic Store in the past, you can also get the Hitman I GOTY Edition for Hitman III for free, just try to buy it and see what happens, it should results as free!

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 31 March 2021 - 01:51 PM

If somebody is interested, Steel Rats™ is free to keep 'til April 4th, both on Steam and GOG

• The Sarien Encounter

There's also DLC that's free on Steam so grab that too.

If someone is interested, on epicgames there's NBA 2K21 that is free to keep, you have time 'til May 27.

Warhammer: Shadow of the horned rat + Skulls digital goodie pack is now on Giveway on gog.com

The following is the kind of game i wished it was free on more platforms, grab Control for free on Epicgames, 'til June 17.

Redeem your 3 months Discord Nitro for free on Epicgames, you have time 'til June 24.

Just add it to your Epicgames accoount, then go to your email address, a message with a clickable link will allow you to subscribe to Nitro for free (credit cards/Paypal and some common verifications required).

I've already done this and it works, just remember to cancel your subscription (after 3 months) if you are not interested in spending money too keep it, Settings-->Subscriptions--> hit Cancel.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 11 June 2021 - 04:02 AM

Surviving Mars Deluxe Edition free on Humble Bundle until 14th June 2021. Requires to subscribe to the Newsletter, if not already done.

This post has been edited by deus-ex: 12 June 2021 - 03:19 AM

Apparently the full version of Loria is permanently free at GOG now.

Hellpoint is on giveway for 2 days on gog.com.

Also, Absolute Drift is on giveway for 2 days as well on gog.com.

Shadowrun Trilogy available for free on GOG until next Monday, June 28th, 2021.

• The Sarien Encounter

Sonic Mania and Horizon Chase Turbo are free on Epic for the next week.

http://epicgames.com/

The Witcher Enhanced Edition and several Witcher-Universe Giveaways to claim for free until 12th of July 2021, 05:00 PM UTC.

Syberia I & II available to claim for free on GOG until 17th of July 2021, 01:00 PM UTC.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options