Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction  "All Out Of Gum aka Gearbox foils Interceptor's plan again"

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Awful news. Wishing him all the best. The man is a gaming legend, and in a industry full of folks who look the other way, he's not afraid of standing up to the big guys. Here's to a fast and full recovery.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I loved pharoahs tomb. Gonna go play it. Get well George.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

I asked him to tell George that Duke4 is wishing him the best.

- George says thanks

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Is it me or is the website down? Theres less than 2 hours left

View PostHulkNukem, on 14 May 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Is it me or is the website down? Theres less than 2 hours left

It is down for me as well.

User is offline   Nukeaholic 

It's down for me too, sunshine. Glad it's not just me who's having trouble accessing the page as I wanted to know how long was left.

User is offline   Outtagum 

That can mean only one thing... invasion.

It is down. Damn hopefully not some sort of delay. We will be online in the rise of the triad chat on steam for everyone who is interested..

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 14 May 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

It is down. Damn hopefully not some sort of delay. We will be online in the rise of the triad chat on steam for everyone who is interested..

Relax. The site back on.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostZor, on 14 May 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

That can mean only one thing... invasion.

Haha. You win the internet.

LIke i was telling xMobilemux, nobody ever brings enough servers for one of these things. Not even 3D Realms was prepared in 07 when that teaser broke.

Prepare for Server Meltdown!

10 minutes to go.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 14 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Less than 5 minutes to go
The twitch stream is showing another picture of a silhoutte of a woman's face

*edit*
Aaaaand its Bombshell

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 14 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

User is offline   K100 

It's Bombshell:

http://www.nogumneeded.com/#

User is offline   Lunick 

She looks like Skrillex.

• Judge Mental

View PostHulkNukem, on 14 May 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Less than 5 minutes to go
The twitch stream is showing another picture of a silhouette of a woman's face

Annnnnd.... Here. We. GO!

As the Joker would say.

User is offline   K100 

It look like it take place in Duke universe. With EDF soldiers, and the aliens from Duke3D/DNF.
The shotgun and Chaingun are from Duke Nukem too.

Edit: Oups, it's GDF, not EDF...

This post has been edited by K100: 14 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I like that it has color, and I'm digging some of the art style. There's also some generic parts to it like the design of the EDF, but that can be expected.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 14 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

Well, ain't seen no gameplay yet so I still ain't judging anything, but the little teaser video thing was cool... Especially the music, aside from a couple of times where I swear it almost sounds like another track is playing behind it, wasn't paying much attention to that, she has nice... um... polygon count.

Edit: Action RPG??? Well, you can count me out. Not my cup of tea, but I wish Interceptor/3D Realms the best of luck and I'll still keep my eye on the project - and show my friends of course, which can't be a bad thing.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 14 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

User is offline   Hank 

I'm lost at sea.:)

Bombshell Reveal Interview:

• Judge Mental

So was that guy under the desk passing out free hummers or... ? Posted Image

I'm pretty much okay with everything so far. Not too big on the hairdo, I think that could do with a bit of DLC at least. Give her a bunch of different hairstyles for customization. Spike it up, or give it a more classic look (what is often perceived as the classically termed "bombshell" look.)

Otherwise I look forward to seeing the game in action!

The trailer gives off the right vibes, though I have a few nits to pick there, I won't. It does what it's intended to, introduce the character. Interesting to note there's a female president, the designs of the aliens seem similar to those seen in Duke3D, and Bombshell's kneepad appears to have a scratched off EDF(GDF?) logo.

Also, I don't think i'm breaking any rules now that the picture is out there, but her belt buckle says "short fuse." Which is a nice little insight into the character's attitude.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Hi Guys :)

We're happy to finally be able to announce Bombshell.
We've been working around the clock to meet our reveal deadline, and I hope you like what you're seeing so far.
The cat is out of the bag, and we're looking forward to sharing a lot more with you in the coming months!

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 14 May 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

We've been working around the clock to meet our reveal deadline, and I hope you like what you're seeing so far.
The cat is out of the bag, and we're looking forward to sharing a lot more with you in the coming months!

Good luck to you guys at Interceptor.
Hopefully people will accept Bombshell as she is - a new franchise. Hopefully you will have fresh new ideas whether it's RPG, 3rd person or FPS. As long as the game is fun and has replayability!
For Fred: Why not on Xbox?

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 14 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 14 May 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

You totally wanted to make a Duke Nukem game and replaced his model and game title with Bombshell at the absolute last second due to Gearbox.
You might not want to admit it but it's clear as day to many of us here.
I bet everything you've made of the game has been left intact and the only things that were removed and replaced were the Duke Nukem copyrighted elements that Gearbox owns.
Either way based on the screenshots it might turn out to be a decent little game, even though I am really not that big of a fan of top down shooters.
If there is one thing that captures my attention, it's the vivid colors that I've always liked in dos games and I am missing in today's games.
Something also tells me that chair in the trailer, had a Duke Nukem model initially and then it was replaced with Bombshell's model and the animations tweaked a bit.
Just make sure that BombShell doesn't bomb and becomes just an empty shell until 2015, if you know what I mean.

At least you can be sure that even though you might not please the Duke Nukem fans, you will at least please the feminist movement :)

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

User is offline   Doomfrost 

She looks similar to Fedorova from Deus Ex: HR minus the cyborg suit.

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

So George Broussard had a stroke.

https://twitter.com/georgeb3dr

Damn, I hope George recovers.

View PostMalgon, on 15 May 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Damn, I hope George recovers.

Luckily, it's looking like a pretty positive outcome at the moment.

I live! Been a very long day but in good spirits and I'm not currently talking like Sylvester Stallone. Today has mainly been observation and tests. I am hungry finally. I never lost mobility or limb strength which is good. Endless thanks to my amazing gf for saving me this AM and being here and all the messages from friends, colleagues and fans. Means a lot.

https://twitter.com/...817730155667456
https://twitter.com/...818386832281600
https://twitter.com/...820384994521088

User is offline   Malgon 

Well that's good to hear. Good to hear he is being positive about it too.

User is offline   randir14 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

You totally wanted to make a Duke Nukem game and replaced his model and game title with Bombshell at the absolute last second due to Gearbox.

I don't think that is 100% true. Back in November they were already looking for a female American voice actor for a playable character in their upcoming game. I'm assuming Mass Destruction originally would've let players choose to be Duke or Bombshell.

Here's some more screens. Looking at the concept art it's easy to see holdovers from when it was still a Duke game. Other than the EDF/GDF, General Holloway is obviously General Graves.
http://www.incgamers...-coming-in-2015

This post has been edited by randir14: 15 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

So since can't use anythings related Duke Nukem, so it totally changed to a different things and nothing to do with Duke universe... too bad... :)

Spoiler

Bombshell is so fucking bad ass! I like her.;)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 15 May 2014 - 05:24 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postrandir14, on 15 May 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

Here's some more screens. Looking at the concept art it's easy to see holdovers from when it was still a Duke game. Other than the EDF/GDF, General Holloway is obviously General Graves.
http://www.incgamers...-coming-in-2015

The "GDF Elite" looks more like the original Bombshell designs.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options