Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction  "All Out Of Gum aka Gearbox foils Interceptor's plan again"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

What if it was more like Alien Breed? That seems like it could go pretty well if the pacing was fast enough and the environments they come up with were suited for it.

User is offline   ---- 

Is it OK to wait for the product and how it turns out to be, or do I have to complain beforehand here?

User is online   Outtagum 

Being a top-down, RPG interests me. If it was the next Duke game by Gearbox I'd be critical of the choice, but it doesn't bother me for a spin-off.

I'm just hoping it's good.

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postfuegerstef, on 04 February 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Is it OK to wait for the product and how it turns out to be, or do I have to complain beforehand here?

I like that they are using a new enemy and new weapons, we don't really know much else except that it's a top down action rpg, which would not be my first, second, or even third preferable viewpoint for a Duke game.

If it's good, it's good, until then we can only speculate.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

What about Die Hard Trilogy? Or is this more 3rd person than top down?

To be fair I'm kinda sick of them trying to see the DN3D stuff in full 3D. I think Forever being a rehash of 3D is also another aspect of what made it bad. Also that thing about adding the glasses to Duke in DN2.

Hooray for new toys for Duke.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 04 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostxMobilemux, on 04 February 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

What about Die Hard Trilogy? Or is this more 3rd person than top down?

I always thought of DHT as 3rd person shooter. But the camera always seems to stay well above the player, so I guess it is technically "top-down". But in the traditional sense, top-down is more Postal 1, the Diablo series, Fallout 1 & 2, and Killzone for the PSP.

It'll be an enjoyable game. I just hyped the announcement up for myself like usual. The good news is Duke is back and there will be more.

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostRonan, on 04 February 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I like that they are using a new enemy and new weapons, we don't really know much else except that it's a top down action rpg, which would not be my first, second, or even third preferable viewpoint for a Duke game.

If it's good, it's good, until then we can only speculate.

I agree about the new enemies and weapons. As much as the DN3D enemies and weapons are great, it will be refreshing to see something new.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 04 February 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

But in the traditional sense, top-down is more Postal 1, the Diablo series, Fallout 1 & 2, and Killzone for the PSP.

The question is if Interceptor is going for a 'true' top-down view like Take No Prisoners or if the more usual isometric perspective will be used.
My guess is the latter.

User is offline   N64 

LinkedIn Frederik Schreiber

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I only just noticed on his page...

Duke Nukem Platformer Pack

June 2013 to Present

Team Members: Frederik Schreiber, Khaled Ibrahimi, Christian Sunesen, Chris Pollitt, Leon Zawada, Grzegorz Zawadzki

Developed and Published the "Duke Nukem Platformer Pack" for Steam and Mac.
Includes Full HD Ports of Duke Nukem 1, 2 and Manhattan Project.

"Full HD Ports of Duke Nukem 1, 2" :(

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Well, I just got the ok to talk about this. They let me sample the Grabbag theme that's going to be in this game back at the end of December. If they still end up using the version that I heard, it's a mixture of both orchestra and metal. It contains a part near the beginning of the theme that resembles a part that can be heard in both the Duke Nukem 64 and Zero Hour theme. There's also a segment near the end that's a remake of part of the E3 2001 DNF trailer theme.

Listen at 1:39 to the end. They remade that part and it sounds even more powerful than the original! I don't want to spoil it anymore beyond that, but I can confirm that you won't be disappointed in the music. What I heard sounds way better than the Grabbag themes that are in DNF. At least in my opinion.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 06 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

i don't know why people keep bringing up Fallout and other *TURN-BASED* RPGs... Those are not action RPGs, neither by genre or gameplay... and they aren't even proper top-down games, they are isometric.

My best bet, it's going to bet a top-down shooting Action RPG. Think Hotline Miami, Take No Prisoners, Loaded (PSX), or something in between mixed with the ability to level up your abilities/upgrade your guns as you kill more enemies and gain experience points.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Guys I just saw the ending of this game! Hail to the king baby! Duke is going to ROCK HARD!

This post has been edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie: 06 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Grabbag does not suit itself to an orchestral arrangement. 99% of arrangements out there make the same mistake as this piece of shit. It's not important how much riffage you can get.

This is the important part of the song:

No arrangement to date has beaten the Manhattan Project end-of-level theme in impact-making.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostHendricks266, on 06 February 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Grabbag does not suit itself to an orchestral arrangement. 99% of arrangements out there make the same mistake as this piece of shit. It's not important how much riffage you can get.

This is the important part of the song:

No arrangement to date has beaten the Manhattan Project end-of-level theme in impact-making.

Totally agree! :(
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Norvak: 06 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   Bloodshot 

View PostX-Vector, on 02 February 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

shiit I loved that game, gotta find my CD now.

If this duke game is anything like Raven's TNP, I could get on board.

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostPinkamena Diane Pie, on 06 February 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

Guys I just saw the ending of this game! Hail to the king baby! Duke is going to ROCK HARD!

Huh??

When? Why? How?

Who are you that got to preview DN:MD before anyone else? And forget about the ending, what about the actual game itself? :(

Pinkamena Diane Pie is Jon St. John

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 06 February 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Huh??

When? Why? How?

Who are you that got to preview DN:MD before anyone else? And forget about the ending, what about the actual game itself? :(

Did you ever hear the expression "talking shite"?

• "Dick Nasty"

^Of course, but I don't really see the purpose of doing so in this situation. Why would he make up such a blatant lie that contributes absolutely nothing to the thread?

Meh.

Perhaps I need to give up on trying so hard to figure some people out. :(

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 06 February 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Why would he make up such a blatant lie that contributes absolutely nothing to the thread?

He was making a reference to years ago when Rockmx8 made up a story here claiming he had seen the ending of DNF. I happened to play along with Rockmx8 on that back then, so I guess that somehow permanently damaged my credibility. Just remember my post describing the theme whenever it's revealed and you'll know I'm not making it up. I'm sure we'll probably be hearing it in a trailer soon.

I think it's safe to assume that all of the music that was used in this video is from the game:

User is offline   Lunick 

Look! it says guillable on the roof!

Edit: As suspected, the website will run out of gum eventually. There are 3 wrappers on the page now.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lunick: 06 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

What the fuck does he need to know the time in New Zealand...
Is there some crappy member that works for them located here... how shameful. (probably that Wesker guy)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 06 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

How many gum is in that thing anyway? I fear that once it's done and you're expecting an announcement, but they just refilled the gum or say "WHEN IT'S CHEWED" at the last gum.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostThe Commander, on 06 February 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

What the fuck does he need to know the time in New Zealand...
Is there some crappy member that works for them located here... how shameful. (probably that Wesker guy)

I'm surprised anyone is alive there at all considering all the snakes.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDuke Rocks, on 06 February 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

^Of course, but I don't really see the purpose of doing so in this situation. Why would he make up such a blatant lie that contributes absolutely nothing to the thread?

Meh.

Perhaps I need to give up on trying so hard to figure some people out. :(

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDial V for Viper, on 06 February 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

I'm surprised anyone is alive there at all considering all the snakes.

Q. Are there any snakes in New Zealand?

Yes and no. New Zealand has no terrestrial (land) snakes either native or introduced. However due to New Zealand’s sub tropical climate it is visited irregularly by two species of sea snake. The yellow-bellied sea snake, Pelamis platurus, (the most widely distributed of all sea snakes) is an infrequent visitor to our shores with more than 35 sightings around New Zealand shores since 1930. An even more unusual visitor is the banded sea krait, Laticauda colubrina. The banded sea krait is distributed from India and South-east Asia through New Guinea, Australia and the Pacific Islands. Both species of snakes are highly venomous but, due to their size, are highly unlikely to be able to penetrate human skin.

- Google

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 06 February 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

He was making a reference to years ago when Rockmx8 made up a story here claiming he had seen the ending of DNF.

Where is he anyways? Did DNF break him?

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options