Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction  "All Out Of Gum aka Gearbox foils Interceptor's plan again"

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostThe Commander, on 02 February 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Well, unlike you I did enjoy GTA1 - 2 but I really disliked Chinatown wars. :(

GTA Chinatown Wars reminded me of GTA 2, which i hated.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMrBlackCat, on 02 February 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

I am disappoint...
Anyone play Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars? I did... for a few hours... on DS and PSP. If you liked the original GTA 1 and 2, then you probably were in heaven. I did NOT like GTA 1and 2. Just not my kind of game. Grand Theft Auto III came out, and I have played it more than any game in my gaming history. Between all five GTA games on the PS2 (III, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories) I have spent more time playing those games than probably all other games combined.

Your analogy goes against you somewhat as well. It's like Duke 3D is GTA 3, and Mass Destruction is Chinatown Wars. Going from GTA 3 to CW did you have fun? No, it's just not your kind of game.

This isn't my kind of game, and I'm not malleable enough to buy each and every Duke game I can get my hands on just because it's Duke, not without some kind of super sale for the sake of curiosity. Who knows, some people might find the game fun and even think it's the best thing ever, but IMO why not devote any resources available to making what made Duke (generally considered) great in the first place; FPS. God knows we need it.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I think it's as someone said before, Duke FPSs are Gearbox's call and part of the main series, Mass Destruction is just a spin off to keep us entertained until their game shows up, like how TTK, LOTB, Zero Hour and Manhattan Project were made to keep us happy while waiting for Forever.

• Honored Donor

Well probably. I just hope that someone makes a (good) Duke FPS game in the not-too-distant future.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 02 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostTerminX, on 02 February 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Letters come out of envelopes with a sender's name and return address, yet they're still signed... what the fuck is the point of whining about the single word last line of what is an otherwise perfectly good post?

Because he always does that and I bitch about everything because that is what I do.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Commander, on 02 February 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Because he always does that and I bitch about everything because that is what I do.

Deal with it.

Lunick

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostMicky C, on 02 February 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Your analogy goes against you somewhat as well. It's like Duke 3D is GTA 3, and Mass Destruction is Chinatown Wars. Going from GTA 3 to CW did you have fun? No, it's just not your kind of game.
Agreed... BUT if it was a Duke Nukem game on that same engine... I would still try it... and I would not like it most likely. There are other Duke Nukem Games I did not care for, like the Tiger games. (handheld and Grip Game)

View PostMicky C, on 02 February 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

This isn't my kind of game, and I'm not malleable enough to buy each and every Duke game I can get my hands on just because it's Duke, not without some kind of super sale for the sake of curiosity. Who knows, some people might find the game fun and even think it's the best thing ever, but IMO why not devote any resources available to making what made Duke (generally considered) great in the first place; FPS. God knows we need it.

When I first saw the Third Person Duke Nukem games on various systems, I didn't think I was malleable enough either, being a DOS FPS gamer almost exclusively... but I was wrong for the most part.

I suppose the point I am trying to make is that the Duke Nukem character (from the Duke 3D era) carried a LOT of weight for me, even enough weight for me to enjoy the DS Critical Mass 3D Side Scroller. So if they nailed the character that I enjoyed as Duke Nukem (unlike the Duke from DNF) then I think I would at least enjoy it.

That said, I wish as much as anyone there would be a modern shooter with "the Real Duke Nukem" character in it, AND the other elements that made Duke Nukem 3D so enjoyable... but I honestly don't think it will ever happen. I would love to stand corrected some day as might be evident by the them of my entire game room being basically Duke Nukem. I did this because the original Duke Nukem 3D game and character were quite inspiring to me.
Examples:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
On and on across many types of medium.

So yeah, the Duke Nukem in my own mind carries a lot of weight, but enough for me to enjoy a top down shooter is going to be REALLY pushing it.

Staying Tuned for When It's Done... I suppose.

MrBlackCat

**edit**

Damn Commander... why do you REFUSE to sign your posts? Come on man... Try it, you might like it. :(

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 02 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

The sad thing about this upcoming Duke, is it's likely to be digital only, so we're not gonna be able to see it sitting up in our collections. :(

• Honored Donor

I haven't played any of the 3rd person shooter console games, but I imagine that 3rd person shooters aren't hugely dissimilar from 1st person shooters, so you were bound to at somewhat like it. This Mass Destruction is a huge department from both those genres.

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that :(

Maybe, someone could design a cover case and cd/dcd cover and we could make our own? Assuming there will be a DRM-free version too (although, it better not have that stupid login system).

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostLunick, on 02 February 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

Assuming there will be a DRM-free version too (although, it better not have that stupid login system).

What login system? Like in ROTT?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostKathy, on 02 February 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

What login system? Like in ROTT?

Yeah, although they removed that limitation for multiplayer games (Probably due to the multiplayer dying so pirates could play too to increase the amount of people playing but that is just me speculating)

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Posted Image

If I lived in Ausfailia I'd be really mad too.

DIAL V FOR VIPE R

This post has been edited by Dial V for Viper: 02 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

THE FUCKING TASMANIAN HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostELFDICK, on 02 February 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

THE FUCKING TASMANIAN HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

;(

User is offline   Malgon 

Apparently 4 of the states over here have people with stink lines, and my home state looks like it's filled with people who look like Nazis. :(

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Could be worse, you could live in Florida, which is the Tard capital of the US.

I guess he's lucky he only lost his job and didn't get dunked in the gator pond.

• Honored Donor

View PostMalgon, on 02 February 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

Apparently 4 of the states over here have people with stink lines, and my home state looks like it's filled with people who look like Nazis. :(

You're from SA too huh? The stink lines might be my fault... it's been pretty hot here lately and since I haven't been out of the house much I haven't showered as regularly as I should Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 03 February 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

You're from SA too huh? The stink lines might be my fault... it's been pretty hot here lately and since I haven't been out of the house much I haven't showered as regularly as I should Posted Image

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

Either that or people are smelling it from Lunick's house Posted Image Perhaps it's no coincidence that all the states with stink lines are those closest to Tasmania.

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

Posted Image

Dookie has MORE stinky lines ! then ANYONE !

brownfarted

This post has been edited by brownfarted: 03 February 2014 - 03:00 AM

If we had Protozoid Slimers as mops, the world would have been so clean.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

https://www.facebook.com/dukemassdes

User is offline   Lunick 

Is that real? The website is spelt wrong on the page http://www.alloutofgumn.com/

This post has been edited by Lunick: 03 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I noticed. Yeah, it's real. Frederik liked it.

User is offline   Lunick 

You're right :(

User is offline   Lunick 

Speaking of http://www.alloutofgum.com/

The text is gone and now music...

Edit: Hah https://twitter.com/...338244480221185 I knew that Twitter was something :(

This post has been edited by Lunick: 03 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

so.... how many NPC friends do you guys think Duke will get in the game?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 03 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

Did they get Hans Zimmer to do the score? :(

User is offline   Lunick 

Most likely Andrew Hulshult again https://www.facebook...8?stream_ref=10 https://www.youtube....fornever/videos

Edit:
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lunick: 03 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options